Monty Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you to an extent - however keep in mind this is a very senior position he's missed out on.

Experience tells me that when a business overlooks an internal prospect for an outsider for an Executive type role - more often than not the internal person is gone post haste.

YEah its a fair enough call. I hope it works out and it can. But I've also seen a lot of instances where an internal missed out on the top job and stayed in their second tier role only to undermine and drive wedges. Not saying it will happen here, and I really hope it doesn't but it is a risk.

Monty and Murph went on holidays together, right? So they're pretty close. With Murph Captain and hopefully forging a strong relationship with Bev, hopefully he'll be able to keep any white-anting in check. Also Bev coming out and saying they will actively help Monty prepare himself to get any other coaching gigs that come up should help keep Monty onside. Basically his best shot at being a senior coach is if he's seen as an integral part of helping our side shoot up the ladder.

I agree with you to an extent - however keep in mind this is a very senior position he's missed out on.

Experience tells me that when a business overlooks an internal prospect for an outsider for an Executive type role - more often than not the internal person is gone post haste.

There are plenty of cases where you are correct Cammo, but it is by no means universal. A lot of really ambitious people do have large and fragile egos. But Snake L. is also correct, it would likely be better for Monty's future ambition and prospects, to demonstrate to potential other clubs, that he can handle the rough with the smooth, and still keep up his work ethic, and continue to hone and improve his skills and experience. This would no doubt look better from the outside.
I do think he will be likely to move on in the future, given his ambition now seems blocked with the Dogs, unless he is extraordinarily patient.

If Monty had any part of what others call white ant-ing Bmac then he should be put on a pedestal at our club. For someone from within to expose a fraud and dud coach then they should applauded.
As others have said, what actually went on is still only speculation and whispering. We may be chasing nothing more than shadows.

If indeed he took players' grievances to Gordon and Garlo, i.e. provided a channel to the administration when the normal channel (Griffen) had failed then there's no harm in that, at least on the face of it. I agree it should be applauded. Especially if the players felt frustrated that no-one was being their advocate. It might explain why he was reportedly still very much appreciated by the players after it all blew up. However I wouldn't describe that as "exposing a fraud" - he might just have been the messenger.

Yet there's obviously a fine line between doing such a thing for what might be solid club/collegiate motives and being seen to be white-anting purely for personal gain. Who knows ... perhaps there was a bit of both about it?

With a nod to yebiga I offer you the musings of Macbeth ...
If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well
It were done quickly; if the assassination
Could trammel up the consequence, and catch
With his surcease success; that but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We’d jump the life to come. But in these cases
We still have judgment here; that we but teach
Bloody instructions, which, being taught, return
To plague the inventor; this even-handed justice
Commends the ingredients of our poison’d chalice
To our own lips. He’s here in double trust:
First, as I am his kinsman and his subject,
Strong both against the deed; then, as his host,
Who should against his murderer shut the door,
Not bear the knife myself. Besides, this Duncan Brendan
Hath borne his faculties so meek, hath been
So clear in his great office, that his virtues
Will plead like angels trumpet-tongu’d against
The deep damnation of his taking-off;
And pity, like a naked new-born babe,
Striding the blast, or heaven’s cherubin, hors’d
Upon the sightless couriers of the air,
Shall blow the horrid deed in every eye,
That tears shall drown the wind. I have no spur
To prick the sides of my intent, but only
Vaulting ambition, which o’er-leaps itself
And falls on the other.

If Monty had any part of what others call white ant-ing Bmac then he should be put on a pedestal at our club. For someone from within to expose a fraud and dud coach then they should applauded.

I do find your barbs entertaining at times (though rarely support them), but on this topic enough ... it's done. Find something else to complain about please.

As others have said, what actually went on is still only speculation and whispering. We may be chasing nothing more than shadows.

If indeed he took players' grievances to Gordon and Garlo, i.e. provided a channel to the administration when the normal channel (Griffen) had failed then there's no harm in that, at least on the face of it. I agree it should be applauded. Especially if the players felt frustrated that no-one was being their advocate. It might explain why he was reportedly still very much appreciated by the players after it all blew up. However I wouldn't describe that as "exposing a fraud" - he might just have been the messenger.

Yet there's obviously a fine line between doing such a thing for what might be solid club/collegiate motives and being seen to be white-anting purely for personal gain. Who knows ... perhaps there was a bit of both about it?

It matters little. We are but the play things of Gods. Poor players who strut and fret our hour upon the stage only to be heard of no more....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

P.S. :)

?
A lot of of this thread is about Monty allegedly backstabbing Bmac. Just highlighting that it was a good thing.
Nice of you just to look at my post.

Your first post in this thread was #54. Until that point there was 1 explicit post about Monty backstabbing Bmac and 2 implicitly referring to it. No this thread has not been about Monty white anting Bmac. I do enjoy your posts, but struggle at times with the fact that they are almost always negative (and usually about Bmac).

It is ... and I'm sure you'll find a way to discuss BMac in the context of this and other threads, when you wish to turn the knife further.

You seem to be of the twisted and bitter brigade. Love Macca did you? Get over it, that abusive and dud coach is gone. Ernie Sigley is right to defend Monty against the white-anting insinuations.

You seem to be of the twisted and bitter brigade. Love Macca did you? Get over it, that abusive and dud coach is gone. Ernie Sigley is right to defend Monty against the white-anting insinuations.

No, I'm of the sick of hearing about it brigade. Macca had lost the players, it's done, I just don't want the knife turned further. For the record, I think that club have been terrific in the past few weeks and am looking forward to 2015. Also rapt that Monty is still onboard.

Your first post in this thread was #54. Until that point there was 1 explicit post about Monty backstabbing Bmac and 2 implicitly referring to it. No this thread has not been about Monty white anting Bmac. I do enjoy your posts, but struggle at times with the fact that they are almost always negative (and usually about Bmac).
So you just through Yebiga's and other posters rubbish and then look at my post.
Just because I mentioned Bmac and the others implied it I get special attention from yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back