most damaging midfielder

which midfielder is the most damaging as of start of 2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is the most damaging IMO

Ablett followed by Pendles/Mitchell.

Ablett is one of the best of all time, Pendles and Mitchell are so precise with their skills that it's hard to stop them.

Ablett/Pendles, hard to split.

Sometimes when Ablett only gets 25 he won't be as damaging. But he consistently gets 35+ and they're usually all damaging.

However even when Pendles only gets it 20 times or less, he damages quite a lot.

Im not really sure about JPK, Rockliff and the Priddis types being in this poll. They are all great players but they are more the sort to get the ball to the damaging players. Although you could say thats whats so dangerous about the Abletts and Pendles of the world - they get the ball and hurt you with it.

From my own team I'd say that Hanley (when fit) is much more damaging than Rocky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie gray and Ryan griffen deserve a mention
Certainly knows how to damage a club! ;)

Should definitely be up there though; he's incredibly difficult to stop when fit and capable of moving the ball very quickly and accurately.

Last edited:
Need to leave Ablett out of these types of polls - he's head and shoulders better than the others.

Agreed.

I'd back Pendles in that case, even in his quieter games if he's 'only' getting 20 odd disposals they are always precise and damaging touches, whereas Fyfe and to a lesser extent GAJ are not as effective in the rare occasion they have a quiet game.

Robbie Gray kicked 42 goals last year and was #1 in the competition for goal assists, racking up 25 possessions a game as a centre square clearance winning machine.

If that's not damaging then I don't know what is; poll is invalid without him.

Robbie Gray kicked 42 goals last year and was #1 in the competition for goal assists, racking up 25 possessions a game as a centre square clearance winning machine.

Fair point. Poll is invalid either way as I can't accept any answer other than Ablett . He has been and continues to be the most damaging mid in the game.

ohh wow lol

Back