Most overweight AFL player?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been comments about Leigh Browns weight, yes he's a hefty boy but I saw something last year that puts it in perspective.

The Wobbles were playing Freo and noted that Brown was manning up on Molloy. At one time they came close to us and then turned around and Brown definitely looked trim next to Molloy. I've been told by Wobbles supporters that Molloy trimmed down last year, which is great, but why does Brown still get stick ?.

Too many people listening to ill informed media persons like Robert Walls.

Originally posted by hawkfan5
Can ya go past Tony Lockett... come on he was overweight in his old playing days, now the media says he is only a touch above his playing weight... which would be even bigger obviously...

Being heavy doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as being overweight. Lockett played at pretty much the same weight through his career (certainly once he was fully grown) and with that shape and size managed to become the highest goal scorer at AFL level. During his final years at Sydney he generally looked fit and trim, was fast off the mark and strong enough to do what he had to. Early reports are that he is physically in the same shape as he was when he retired.

Surely an overweight player is one who is carrying more weight than they should to enable them to play AFL at the level they could. Certainly Rioli looks like he has struggled in the past with extra weight when returning from injury. But that doesn't mean he is now. And Whitnall has recognised that he has an ongoing problem but has taken steps to manage it.

Stuart Dew is a little big but not as much as the wide a$$ Lance Whitnall.
Plugger...maybe I don't know.
But anyway, I like fatty footballers...they're cute except for Plugger. :D:eek:

Originally posted by Porthos
I'd have to say Dean Rioli

He does look fat but the most overweight?? His backside is also pretty big too...not that I stare at it or anything but it's hard to miss since it's protruding out of his body. Excellent player though

I saw Relton Roberts eating some very unnecessary Krispy Kremem donuts today at Chadstone.

Not surprising, I know someone down at Richmond and he said that Relton is HOOKED on curried egg sandwiches and that he runs over and grabs one or two from a store outside Richmond station every morning before training.

At least egg isnt too bad for you.

Jay Neagle is disgustingly unfit - loses every inch of energy and desire around the 15 minute mark of the first quarter - Could do with losing 5-7 EASILY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering there has been almost 3 world cups since this thread...

Great bump.

svINCIDENT_wideweb__470x333,0.jpg

Not surprising, I know someone down at Richmond and he said that Relton is HOOKED on curried egg sandwiches and that he runs over and grabs one or two from a store outside Richmond station every morning before training.

At least egg isnt too bad for you.

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

Thought Austin Wonnamaerri was looking really heavy around the middle when he tried to play.

Otherwise, Leigh Brown and Luke Podge standout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back