Most successful artists of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to media traffic the most reliable source of world wide sales has listed the most successful artists of all time.

In album sales link below

1. The Beatles
2. Elvis Presley
3. Michael Jackson
4. Pink floyd
5. Madonna

http://www.mediatraffic.de/top-album-achievements.htm

Madonna is the highest selling singles artist with Elvis second and the beatles third.

Madonna has had the most no.1 hits (22 no.1's) on the world charts which takes sales from 28 countries world wide. Elvis and the Beatles are second with 21 and Micheal Jackson had 13.

Madonna has also had 47 top 10 hit singles,Elvis has 42, Beatles 38 and Micheal Jackson 33.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/top-track-achievements.htm

Last edited:

Funny that most will recall literally dozens of tracks from Elvis, The Beatles and Michael Jackson yet struggle to run up 5 great Madonna songs.

Hype over substance but it does trick some people.
It's more the type of person you'll ask.

Most of the people you would ask would be the clued in, respectful of music roots, teenager/young adult, or Dads.

If you asked the majority of Mums they'd easily be able to recall more Madonna songs than the rest. I guess it just shows the wider appeal of Elvis/Beatles/MJ.

It's more the type of person you'll ask.

Most of the people you would ask would be the clued in, respectful of music roots, teenager/young adult, or Dads.

If you asked the majority of Mums they'd easily be able to recall more Madonna songs than the rest. I guess it just shows the wider appeal of Elvis/Beatles/MJ.

I disagree. I think it is more the age group. If you grow up in the 80's and 90's you would know more Madonna songs then the Beatles and Elvis as she was always played on the radio. You had to listen to gold fm to listen to the Beatles abd Elvis.

I disagree. I think it is more the age group. If you grow up in the 80's and 90's you would know more Madonna songs then the Beatles and Elvis as she was always played on the radio. You had to listen to gold fm to listen to the Beatles abd Elvis.
I'm not going to argue with that since I was born in the 90's. I'm just going off my own experience. But as it is, I doubt you'd hear the 40-50 year old guys say how they loved Madonna. But the 40-50 year old girls? Definitely.

I think you'll find it's a sex thing. Madonna is music for females and gay dudes. Sorry to burst your bubble but Madonna is by far the most over rated artist of all time.

I'm no fan of Elvis or MJ but the difference between them and Madonna is, like all chick music, most of the package is fluff (image, fashion, headlines, choreography etc).

Madonna's music is s**t.

I think you'll find it's a sex thing. Madonna is music for females and gay dudes. Sorry to burst your bubble but Madonna is by far the most over rated artist of all time.

I'm no fan of Elvis or MJ but the difference between them and Madonna is, like all chick music, most of the package is fluff (image, fashion, headlines, choreography etc).

Madonna's music is s**t.

Thanks for your opinion. But if you honestly think madonna's music is all fluff and about image, headlines, fashion then her career would of ended in 1985. She is still making no.1 albums and is the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time plus the highest selling female artist of all time.

Musicis very diverse and if someone likes a certain type of music and you don't like it it does not make it s**t

Madonna's music is s**t.

Thanks for your opinion. But if you honestly think madonna's music is all fluff and about image, headlines, fashion then her career would of ended in 1985. She is still making no.1 albums and is the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time plus the highest selling female artist of all time.

Musicis very diverse and if someone likes a certain type of music and you don't like it it does not make it s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to media traffic the most reliable source of world wide sales has listed the most successful artists of all time.

In album sales link below

1. The Beatles
2. Elvis Presley
3. Michael Jackson
4. Pink floyd
5. Madonna

http://www.mediatraffic.de/top-album-achievements.htm

Madonna is the highest selling singles artist with Elvis second and the beatles third.

Madonna has had the most no.1 hits (22 no.1's) on the world charts which takes sales from 28 countries world wide. Elvis and the Beatles are second with 21 and Micheal Jackson had 13.

Madonna has also had 47 top 10 hit singles,Elvis has 42, Beatles 38 and Micheal Jackson 33.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/top-track-achievements.htm
Has she taken out a restraining order against you yet?

1. The Beatles
2. Elvis Presley
3. Michael Jackson
4. Madonna
5. Elton John
6. Led Zeppelin
7.Mariah Carey
8. Celine Deon
9. Whitney Houston
10. AC/DC
11. Queen
12. The Rolling Stones
13. ABBA
14. Eminem
15. Garth Brooks
16. The Eagles
17. Rhianna
18. U2
19. Billy Joel
20. Phil Collins

Sorry but the guy above is 100% correct, Madonnas music sucks and shouldn't even be compared to the other four. She got famous more from being different, image, attitude etc.. Music very average.

And I say again if her music was average and was only famous for her image and attitude her career would of been over in 1985!

She is the most successful female artist of all time. 320 million records sold world wide. She has had 22 no.1 hits on the world United charts more then any other artist and has had more top ten hits 47.

Pretty impressive for someone with s**t music.

Madonna is also the most successful solo touring artist of all time just proves that even 32 years into her career she is still relevant

1. The Beatles
2. Elvis Presley
3. Michael Jackson
4. Madonna
5. Elton John
6. Led Zeppelin
7.Mariah Carey
8. Celine Deon
9. Whitney Houston
10. AC/DC
11. Queen
12. The Rolling Stones
13. ABBA
14. Eminem
15. Garth Brooks
16. The Eagles
17. Rhianna
18. U2
19. Billy Joel
20. Phil Collins

In 10 years time Rihanna will be in the top 10. She is still only 26

And I say again if her music was average and was only famous for her image and attitude her career would of been over in 1985!

She is the most successful female artist of all time. 320 million records sold world wide. She has had 22 no.1 hits on the world United charts more then any other artist and has had more top ten hits 47.

Pretty impressive for someone with s**t music.

Madonna is also the most successful solo touring artist of all time just proves that even 32 years into her career she is still relevant
I Gotta Feeling beat out It's Now Or Never by Elvis, My Sweet Lord by George Harrison, and My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. It's the equal 4th most track for weeks at number 1 with 17.

Are you going to tell me it's better than those songs? Or better than literally every single Beatles, MJ, Elvis, and other amazing bands' singles apart from Hey Jude?

Last edited:
Name another popstar who has been brave enough to reinvent their sound multiple times, and had enormous success each time?
The Beatles?

I'm sure I've wandered into some transexual/twink fanboy thread but Madonna can go and get ****ed. She sold and made her image as a soft pr0n/commercial star. Nothing interesting about her. Nothing new, and nothing edgy. She's a pop star who got lucky, and then was very smart about how she allowed herself to be marketed.

If Sean pen never ****ed her, she'd have been dead of an overdose in 1986.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back