Toast Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a few afternoon drinks today but I have no hesitations in saying that Motlop could be the greatest player we've ever seen

Motlop is good and has lots of potential, but...

come clean is that really your opinion or was that the beer chiming in with its opinion? ;)

I've had a few afternoon drinks today but I have no hesitations in saying that Motlop could be the greatest player we've ever seen

Pacing along nicely :) If he gets to 30+ and 1+ goals / game he could more damaging than Gaz with his pace....... just needs to start nailing those clutch goals.

At the same age -

Steven Motlop Name Gary Ablett
Geelong Cats Team Gold Coast Suns
Forward Position Midfield
36 Career Games 241
Wanderers Origin Geelong Falcons
March 12, 1991 Date of Birth May 14, 1984
22yr 2mth Age Turned 22 in 2006
183cm Height 182cm
76kg Weight 87kg
2008 National Draft Last Drafted In 2001 National Draft
Round 3, Pick #39 Last Draft Position Round 3, Pick #40
Geelong Cats Last Drafted By Geelong Cats
2013 Stats for Season 2006
9 Games 21
13.0 Kicks Per Game 10.1
6.2 Handballs Per Game 6.8
19.2 Disposals Per Game 16.9
4.2 Marks Per Game 3.5
1.7 Goals Per Game 1.7
1.7 Behinds Per Game 1.3
1.8 Tackles Per Game 3.1
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.4 Frees For Per Game 1.0
0.6 Frees Against Per Game 0.7

Don't like that comparison at all. Totally different players and GAJ wasn't half the player he is now until he pulled his finger out after that honesty session and subsequent pre-season.
Too right. Little Cyril can only dream about doing the things Motlop does on a game to game basis. Rioli is a merely a flashy opportunist who pops up once in a while whereas Motlop is winning more ball and thus becoming more influential every game he plays. It's an insult to Stevie to compare him to such a flake.

Don't like that comparison at all. Totally different players and GAJ wasn't half the player he is now until he pulled his finger out after that honesty session and subsequent pre-season.

Agreed. Please let's not turn into Hawthorn, with their 'Breust plays mainly as a forward pocket, just like GAJ did at the start of his career - he must be the next GAJ!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once he develops more composure running into goal and starts steadying himself, He'll become a special player.

Not too dissimilar to Wojo in full flight.

But he is a significantly better ground player, by a long long way. He also works very hard inside, which Wojo wasn't that fond of. So whilst there maybe some similarities in the running ability, the ball work and skill around goal is far superior and has totally gone above my expectations of him this year. He would easily be the most improved in the league.

Lucky for us we have a few nominations in that bunch; Stokes would be part of that too.

Motlop just said he's signed for 2 years on TFS. Hutchison was trawling for controversy but Motlop is here for another 2 at least.

An upshot of Motlop's ripping form is the previous skilful speedster, Varcoe, has had much less pressure on him to get back into form than he might otherwise have had. Showed signs yesterday that the touch is back and the tackling pressure is being turned up. Expect him to be pulling off some spectacular end-to-ender's a la 2011 GF and that amazing curling snap v Hawthorn in the not to distant future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back