Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons: Season 19 (congrats HawkPatrol, Deestroy Medallist!)

Remove this Banner Ad

200_s.gif

IN!

Time to start the Mount Buller Demons Awards Night for Season 19.

01MainHeader.gif

So, here we are at the conclusion of yet another season. It was an enjoyable one - though it lacked the thrill of premiership success we were graced with in Season 18, we still played well enough throughout the year to cement a place in finals for the fourth season running, the equal longest active streak in the Sweet FA. Though we crashed out in our elimination final against the Hawks the fact we made it once again shows the quality of our group and with a few fresh faces I have high expectations for a milestone season in Season 20.

Speaking of fresh faces - now's a good time to officially welcome Bosley, croweater 41 and Van_Dyke to the club!

As per usual the votes for the Deestroy Medal are done 5-4-3-2-1 by myself after each game. The form of both player and opponent is taken into consideration as much as possible as well as specific on-field roles to try and give the most in-depth votes possible.

Let's get this started...

First up, the cats2rise Medal. And who else could it go to? This man's goalkicking record is fearsome, arguably the best in the Sweet FA since his move there. Once again he was in Alfie contention throughout the season and it was only a few positional changes that prevented him from winning it. despite Richard Cranium's experimental ways this man was constantly dangerous, with a bag of 9.5 against the Royals and 8.1 against the Bears. With another 58 goals for the season, a tremendous effort - congratulations cooney!

Let's start some votes...

Round 1: Dragons FFC 17.11 (113) def Mount Buller Demons 15.16 (106)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...vs-mount-buller-demons-dragon-island.1087747/

Some poor goalkicking thwarted a genuine chance at beating a tough challenger of late in the Dragons, as we kicking 5.8 to 5.0 in the third quarter to blow an advantage we should have capitalised on. deaneus blossomed in his first game for the club, kicking captain Eth out of his coveted rover spot mid game and winning 26 disposals. The usual suspects were all strong in what should be a hotly contested start to the Deestroy Medal.

5 - lanky_wes
4 - Smartys Power
3 - HawkPatrol
2 - Footypie32
1 - deaneus

Let's start some votes...

Round 1: Dragons FFC 17.11 (113) def Mount Buller Demons 15.16 (106)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...vs-mount-buller-demons-dragon-island.1087747/

Some poor goalkicking thwarted a genuine chance at beating a tough challenger of late in the Dragons, as we kicking 5.8 to 5.0 in the third quarter to blow an advantage we should have capitalised on. deaneus blossomed in his first game for the club, kicking captain Eth out of his coveted rover spot mid game and winning 26 disposals. The usual suspects were all strong in what should be a hotly contested start to the Deestroy Medal.

5 - lanky_wes
4 - Smartys Power
3 - HawkPatrol
2 - Footypie32
1 - deaneus

Well there's both my votes. Didn't expect them this soon. But I guess now I can kick back and get messy.

Oh, and congratulations cooney You're the ultimate team man and Mr Consistency. Well done. :thumbsu:

Round 2: Mount Buller Demons 12.9 (81) wdb Baghdad Bandits 19.16 (130)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...vs-baghdad-bandits-at-snow-dome-motr.1088185/

The Bandits swamped us, with a four goal to one final quarter leaving a flattering scoreboard. beez led the charge for Baghdad as their midfield ran amok, maintaining plenty of possession and hitting the scoreboard with frequency. We had few standouts, but DEMON PRIDE can expect to poll with the most possessions (19), and HawkPatrol's move forward resulted in three goals.

#*youbeez

5 - lanky_wes
4 - Eth
3 - DEMON PRIDE
2 - HawkPatrol
1 - deaneus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 3: Las Vegas Bears 14.11 (95) wdb Mount Buller Demons 18.5 (113)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ler-demons-at-the-stadium-in-the-sky.1088686/

Our first win of the season (though over the Bears so it probably didn't count). It was an excellent four-quarter effort propelled by cooney, whose eight goals were the difference. deaneus surely had sore feet after 20 kicks after sharing the ruck duties with Footypie32, who also stood out.

5 - cooney
4 - deaneus
3 - LP04
2 - Footypie32
1 - stewie griffen

Round 4: Geelong Gumbies Wolves 17.13 (115) def Mount Buller Demons 12.11 (83)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...s-vs-mount-buller-demons-at-the-lair.1089243/

A fast start wasn't enough, as we sacrificed an early 30-point lead to go down to the Gumbies *shakes fist, flushes toilet*. The Geelong midfield was excellent as was DREAM TEAM BUFF up forward, and wasn't something we could keep up with. Captain Eth remembered to attend this week with 10 tackles out of the Demons' 31, while cooney was valiant despite limited opportunity with five goals.

5 - Eth
4 - HawkPatrol
3 - cooney
2 - raven echo
1 - Smartys Power

Round 4: Geelong Gumbies Wolves 17.13 (115) def Mount Buller Demons 12.11 (83)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...s-vs-mount-buller-demons-at-the-lair.1089243/

A fast start wasn't enough, as we sacrificed an early 30-point lead to go down to the Gumbies *shakes fist, flushes toilet*. The Geelong midfield was excellent as was DREAM TEAM BUFF up forward, and wasn't something we could keep up with. Captain Eth remembered to attend this week with 10 tackles out of the Demons' 31, while cooney was valiant despite limited opportunity with five goals.

5 - Eth
4 - HawkPatrol
3 - cooney
2 - raven echo
1 - Smartys Power

The raven echo train has just left the station

01MainHeader.gif

The votes after round five...

Rich (BB code):
lanky_wes      10
Eth             9
HawkPatrol      9
Smartys Power   8
cooney          8
deaneus         7
Headless        5
LP04            5
Logger          4
Footypie32      4
DEMON PRIDE     3
raven echo      2
stewie griffen  1

lanky_wes leading... *yawns*

A very even start to the count with plenty of early contenders.

My date for this evening is called pantskylie She looks kind of familiar, but she says we've never met. She also says she has a big surprise for me at the end of the night. I can't wait!!

8145194995_8332432885_b.jpg

My date for this evening is called pantskylie She looks kind of familiar, but she says we've never met. She also says she has a big surprise for me at the end of the night. I can't wait!!

8145194995_8332432885_b.jpg
Good solid lass.

Good solid lass.

You nearly went into the Men's toilet you silly girl! Luckily I pointed out your mistake. That could've been embarrassing for you...

You nearly went into the Men's toilet you silly girl! Luckily I pointed out your mistake. That could've been embarrassing for you...
Let's arm wrestle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back