Remove this Banner Ad

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I think he's been a liability so far!

9 out if 10 times he marks the ball, he looks very panicky and never calms and looks to kick. Instead he always looks for the closest player to hand it off to, and about 8 in 10 of those he gives it off to a player under blatantly obvious pressure for the turnover.

There's obviously an issue with Ivan.

I'm sure he's told to handball it off to keep the speed of our gameplan going. If anything, imo, it's our gameplan being countered, not Maric.

Usually when he marks the ball, it's a pack mark on the wing or in the backline, if he can get a quick handball off it gives our team a possible fast break to our F50.

It makes me sick when he gets the ball!

Reminds me if how I felt when Jayden post got the ball, and Ivan is not a bad kick in comparison, it's just the fact the you know something will go wrong with the next play (see post above)

Sharpen up Ivan, show some composure and stop shitttting bricks

I'm sure he's told to handball it off to keep the speed of our gameplan going. If anything, imo, it's our gameplan being countered, not Maric.

Usually when he marks the ball, it's a pack mark on the wing or in the backline, if he can get a quick handball off it gives our team a possible fast break to our F50.

Can't he look first before he hands it off to a player with an opponent breathing down there neck? It's the simple things

Sure he does, he's injured. But when he isn't, he's lost that spark, motivation, grunt whatever words you want to use that we saw in 2012. Starting to think we need a new ruckman. Orren is s**t, theres no better replacement yet unfortunately.

Funny year for rucks so far - Jacobs, Cox and even Mumford have struggled a bit too I think.

Was a great effort for Maric to force himself to play after his injury.

Sure he hasn't been up to his 2012 form, but by no mean is he struggling. I suggest you look at hitouts, hitouts to advantage, super coach points (good all round indicator of performance). You're either expecting too much, or forgotten his 2012 form. Has been MORE than serviceable especially not being 100%

Sure he does, he's injured. But when he isn't, he's lost that spark, motivation, grunt whatever words you want to use that we saw in 2012. Starting to think we need a new ruckman. Orren is s**t, theres no better replacement yet unfortunately.
New ruck man??!?!?!!?!? Are you for real???? Oh my god! Some supporters have lost the plot!!!

He definetely needs a rest. He just hasn't been clunking his marks like he was last year. My guess is he's carrying something, not 100% confident in his body and it's showing in his marking. Let him have a week or 2 off to just heal up and come back fresh.

At the worst it gives us a chance to see if Big O can cut it.

New ruck man??!?!?!!?!? Are you for real???? Oh my god! Some supporters have lost the plot!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to see Ivan being challenged for a spot in the 22? He's the one with the less pressure and has obviously dropped in form more than any other player i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't it be nice to see Ivan being challenged for a spot in the 22? He's the one with the less pressure and has obviously dropped in form more than any other player i think.
No - Cotchin's form drop is worse that Maric's these last two weeks.

Yeah true, I think we should just delist him and draft someone else. I hear Angus Graham isn't getting a game at the Crows?

We are missing his reliving marks around ground. Have a look at the games from 2012, once we did more of that looked a better team.

Even just marking rather than punching ingeneral we looked better

The bloke was probably stiff not be AA last year and was only beaten by sheehans love affair with nic nat. He was clearly better than Jacobs but oh well what else could he do. This year he is a little slower than last but an expectation to improve on last year further is unrealistic.

Are we really that starved for success that every time we lose a couple of games we need to have threads like this?

This thread
jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

The bloke was probably stiff not be AA last year and was only beaten by sheehans love affair with nic nat. He was clearly better than Jacobs but oh well what else could he do. This year he is a little slower than last but an expectation to improve on last year further is unrealistic.

Are we really that starved for success that every time we lose a couple of games we need to have threads like this?

He has noticeable dropped off a long way, to not acknowledge this is blindness. As I said in the preview thread, he had 46 hitouts to 19 against Renouf last year, Renouf isn't great but he's no worse than West or Hudson. Maric was lucky to break even against West and Hudson this year, and to nearly triple the hitout count is a big step up from breaking even.

Not to mention around the ground he doesn't have the presence he had last year, he is struggling for form there's no doubt about it.

I think he's been a liability so far!

9 out if 10 times he marks the ball, he looks very panicky and never calms and looks to kick. Instead he always looks for the closest player to hand it off to, and about 8 in 10 of those he gives it off to a player under blatantly obvious pressure for the turnover.

There's obviously an issue with Ivan.

his last 3 games were a heck of alot better than his first 3, i dare say he s under instructions to lay off, we play on ALL the time, nothing wrong with that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back