In what state of mind do you usually watch Richmond games in? (Alcohol/other survey).

From what state of mind do you usually watch Richmond games (from home or abroad)

• Stone cold sober

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • A few beers/quiet drinks

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 3 Sheets to the wind (pretty sauced)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Medicated

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other non-sober states of mind

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you usually watch Richmond games when at home or at the game?

Mostly kinda

full

when i go to games i have pre's in the carpark, two fortes to deal with the back, 5mg diazepam to deal with having an out of bedroom experience and a few smuggled cans of minimum 6% ipa (leftovers from the pregames) which i scope out the best ppl to drink next to, no wowsers or dobbers

that usually gets me through the game then i walk back to the city and sometimes have a sneaky scoob in treasury gardens in the fern gully thing there when it's a night game

i could go on but covered most of it and stopped going pretty much due to the state of the game

Usually I'll only have 2-3 beers during a Richmond game. If I'm going as a neutral fan with mates I'll load up and have a couple beers a quarter.

2017 grand final I was blind by the end. My wife was pregnant so she kept going to the bar for me while I watched the game.

2019 I took it easy and it was the most enjoyable time Ive had watching the footy as I'm generally a nervous watcher but we were dominant from the opening bounce. I went to the bar with 20 minutes left in the last, got 4 beers and sat down peacefully enjoying the last 15 minutes, soaking it up knowing we had it in the bag.

2020 grand final I watched on the couch and polished off a bottle of rum and spewed the bed 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 grand final I watched on the couch and polished off a bottle of rum and spewed the bed 🤦‍♂️
2020 I was flying pre-game and in the first half, and smashed by about 10 min into the 3rd quarter on double scotch and cokes.

Literally zero resistance from the first drink to the last. Down the bloody hatch.

How I didn't spew after the game is some sort of miracle

when i go to games i have pre's in the carpark, two fortes to deal with the back, 5mg diazepam to deal with having an out of bedroom experience and a few smuggled cans of minimum 6% ipa (leftovers from the pregames) which i scope out the best ppl to drink next to, no wowsers or dobbers

that usually gets me through the game then i walk back to the city and sometimes have a sneaky scoob in treasury gardens in the fern gully thing there when it's a night game

i could go on but covered most of it and stopped going pretty much due to the state of the game
What about watching from home?

2020 I was flying pre-game and in the first half, and smashed by about 10 min into the 3rd quarter on double scotch and cokes.

Literally zero resistance from the first drink to the last. Down the bloody hatch.

How I didn't spew after the game is some sort of miracle
Yeah it wasnt ideal. In fairness I made it through the game, the post game and the replay. It was a big sesh.

Usually debilitating anxiety. Lots of cans and bongs leading into the game to relax me, but if we're not leading by 50+ I get a bit snappy so we* change the channel before someone does something they'll possibly regret.

Going to have to get up real early tomorrow to get enough goodness into me before tomorrows game a 10am.

*The Mrs.

How do you usually watch Richmond games when at home or at the game?

What percentage of us are not fully sober? Does it affect our judgement on the game and our team?

Let's keep it an adult like and honest conversation.
Normally sober but occasionally Ben cousins it up

Back