News Murray and Strachan sign until 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yeah. I guess that's why we didn't sign a developing ruck. Absolutely baffling from Strachan though seeing he's good enough to get a starting gig somewhere though.

Murray signature was definitely our grand final though. I'm pretty happy with it as it should give some solid KP depth at worst case.

Like you said strange for Strachan to commit to being an sanfl player for two more years. I like him as ruck depth so no issue as long as he's not on much.

Murray really came on late last year so happy to have him stay on. We're desperate for him to be a solid kpd.

Ah yeah. I guess that's why we didn't sign a developing ruck. Absolutely baffling from Strachan though seeing he's good enough to get a starting gig somewhere though.

Murray signature was definitely our grand final though. I'm pretty happy with it as it should give some solid KP depth at worst case.
Where do you see him getting a starting ruck role? Hawthorn would be the only possible place I can think of, but do they want a 27yo ruck who's played 2 games as their #1 man over Lynch or Reeves?

Where do you see him getting a starting ruck role? Hawthorn would be the only possible place I can think of, but do they want a 27yo ruck who's played 2 games as their #1 man over Lynch or Reeves?
Port possibly.

Collingwood would be a pretty easy set up to break into, seeing Grundy is gone. Sydney/Geelong rucks are mediocre with journeymen level players such as Hickey and Stanley manning the posts. Port, possible with Lycett and Dixon getting on and to protect Finlayson a tad. Eagles had Bailey Willams ruck for them last year and Barnett won't be ready for a while, so 2nd to Nic Nat is an option. Even Saints with Ryder retiring would be a pretty easy way in, seeing they brought on Tom Campbell.

There were definitely better options for Strachan then another two years here. Unless he truly believes he can rip ROB's spot away, but there is a bit of sunk cost fallacy there for us (+ ROB is a solid ruck option, which doesn't help).

I wonder if this substitute rule plays into Strachan's thoughts
Good point but surely between Thilthorpe and the big Easy we'd have that covered.

I really don't see him being a leading ruck anywhere unless an injury was to intervene. I think he and his management are well aware where he sits, that is he's excellent back up and a guaranteed 2 more years on an AFL list suits them fine.

Collingwood would be a pretty easy set up to break into, seeing Grundy is gone. Sydney/Geelong rucks are mediocre with journeymen level players such as Hickey and Stanley manning the posts. Port, possible with Lycett and Dixon getting on and to protect Finlayson a tad. Eagles had Bailey Willams ruck for them last year and Barnett won't be ready for a while, so 2nd to Nic Nat is an option. Even Saints with Ryder retiring would be a pretty easy way in, seeing they brought on Tom Campbell.

There were definitely better options for Strachan then another two years here. Unless he truly believes he can rip ROB's spot away, but there is a bit of sunk cost fallacy there for us (+ ROB is a solid ruck option, which doesn't help).
I think we'll agree to disagree on this one. I can't see Strachan being #1 guy for any of those teams.

I guess with someone like Strachan he might have been thinking, a short-term contract elsewhere followed by a delisting and then my career could be over. At least this way he has three more years on an AFL list.

I don't mind what he brings, personally. I wouldn't mind if he took over from O'Brien.

Murray is useful, and whether or not he becomes a mainstay for years at the Crows, we clearly need a big body down back for the next period at least.

Key defender is a role we're absolutely stuffed on given McAsey bombed out, so could understand wanting to lock down Murray now, who at worst seems competent in the role, although given his propensity to absolutely belt the s**t out of anyone in front of him (usually his own teammates) I would suspect he may be better suited up forward.

Strachan is fine as a backup, probably going to end up being one of those rucks who float around the league for 8 years and barely play 20 games.

Makes sense. With no pure rucks currently on the list other than ROB and very minimal KPDs, both are gonna be useful to have, even if Murray ends up a backup by the time his contract is up

Which clubs does Straughan get a starting gig at ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

neutral.jpg

The year we brought Murray in we were in need of finding a key defender... & we got him & Butts previously as a bargain in the PSD.

Meanwhile the one we were pinning our future on hasn't worked out with pick 6.

Reckon Murray still has plenty of improvement in him & got to love his attitude.

The year we brought Murray in we were in need of finding a key defender... & we got him & Butts previously as a bargain in the PSD.

Meanwhile the one we were pinning our future on hasn't worked out with pick 6.

Reckon Murray still has plenty of improvement in him & got to love his attitude.
You can tell he’s the sort of guy the boys love playing with , very selfless and just wants to do his best for the team

More talented than people give him credit for too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back