Music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to the Cosmic Psychos.
Great MSB ! Saw them heaps at the Punters Club 20-25 years ago.Still going strong too,this is their latest..

Great MSB ! Saw them heaps at the Punters Club 20-25 years ago.Still going strong too,this is their latest..

Couldn't find this CD in Brisbane and ended up ordering online. Note to self: don't leave on when wife and children are in car

Seeing Prince live was the reason I quit law school and went down the music path.

He was the best guitarist I've ever heard live and could play just about anything else as well as his band.

I am truly heartbroken. He was my inspiration.

People use 'genius' too lightly, but Prince was a genius.

People use 'genius' too lightly, but Prince was a genius.

Yes - he is probably the only musician of the last 50 years I'd give that title to.

Most people are unaware of his full skill set, but even live he seemed like he was from another planet.

I wasn't just a fan, I was a disciple ... and I'm ultra rational!

Last edited:
Yes - he is probably the only musician of the last 50 years I'd give that title to.

Most people are unaware of his full skill set, but even live he seemed like he was from another planet.

I wasn't a fan, I was a disciple ... and I'm ultra rational!

I saw him the last time he played at Boondall (he can even transcend awful acoustics), and it was one of the greatest, funniest and strangest performances I've ever seen.

Putting aside that he plays pretty much everything like a virtuoso, he was a slightly built 50-something (who I believe needed a hip replacement at the time) shimmying around on 6 inch platform heels that could spin, do funk-splits, solo on different instruments during a single song, give a world peace sermon during purple rain and have it all seem pretty natural.

I was pretty touched by that NASA tribute especially. A purple nebula feels apt.

I wasn't a fan at all (not my type of music) but the spiral at the Arts Centre in Melbourne will be transcended to purple this evening as a tribute and acknowledgement of Prince choosing the venue for his recent concerts in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remember being at the court jester (disco) in brisbane city (i think it was on the corner of george and ann st.) scholing double vodka and oranges and jumping up and down sweating like peter garrett till the wee hours of the morning to this.

although this was released around the same time, i graduated to a more refined music taste in the mid 80s.

If you are enlightened (like me :p ) and like Trance/Progressive House....listen to this.

If you don't, don't - the trance/proghouse community is full of only love, not hate :D (except me, when we play Port - but I'm only human! :p)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back