Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Potential AFL star players:
Tom Boyd: 200cm 103kg, Eastern Rangers, great mark, tall leading forward, atheletic forward, could be anything, looks very good

Luke McDonald: 188cm 85kg, a very competitive halfback flanker or midfielder, good size and shows all the signs of a good player, would likely have gone top 5, but north took him at 8

Blake Acres: 189cm 84kg, West Perth, another top end midfield talent, tall and silky skills, I think he is top 5 talent, but has been talked about as 10-15 pick

James Aish: 184cm 75kg, Norwood, this kid has a touch of Judd about him, it could've been his shoulder strap, but he looked like a Judd clone to me, just moves well

Jack Billings: 184cm 78kg, Oakleigh, another of the high quality mids in this draft, on similar standing as Aish and Acres, 3 outstanding midfielders

Potential High Standard AFL Players:
Matt Scharenberg: 190cm 87kg, Glenelg, Dean Solomon-type, strong bodied defender who takes on opponents, decent spoil and follows up

Trent Dumont: 186cm 83kg, Norwood, good halfback flanker, think Birchall type without the bash and crash Birchall does

Dom Sheed: 184cm 83kg, Subiaco, left footed goal kicking midfielder, good skills and looks a likely type

Billy Hartung: 177cm 75kg, Dandenong, 16.6 in the beep test has made people take notice, he looks like a Bradley Hill clone, very similar player, runs all day at speed and uses the ball well

Ben Lennon: 188cm 77kg, Northern, another quality mid in the draft, not as highly rated as some, but is still a decent prospect

Cameron McCarthy: 193cm 85kg, Sth Fremantle, had the Pat Cash headband on best tall forward for WA in the carnival, looks impressive

Charlie Cameron: 183cm 72kg, Swan Districts, he's my smokey in this draft, midfielder/sml forw type, aboriginal kid with tonnes of talent, at times looked a lvl ahead of others on the field

Dayle Garlett: 181cm 75kg, Swan Districts, everyone here knows his story, only thing that will possibly hold him back is his attitude, on field has all the skills needed to potentially make it

Josh Kelly: 183cm 75kg, Sandringham, everyone has him going top 5, I think he is slightly over-rated, I had him a grouping lower, but only raised him because of the hype, solid mid

Potential AFL Standard Players:
Marcus Bontempelli: 192cm 83kg, Northern, rangy running mid/ halfback flanker, I like how he plays, but seems to me to be 3 years from playing AFL, bit of a project

Jonathan Freeman: 198cm 96kg, Aspley, tall qld forw, leads and marks well, has good agility and speed, atheletic tall forw

Nathan Freeman: 182cm 85kg, Sandringham, a part of that strong Vic Metro mid, well balanced mid, loves to take a bounce and usually finds a team-mate

Luke Dunstan: 185cm 83kg, Woodville-West Torrens, another of the quality mids in the draft, in the second grouping of mids that are around the 15-30 pick range

Kade Kolodjashnij: 190cm 81kg, Launceston, atheletic tall defender who won the div 2 Harrison medal, all-Australian, good 3rd tall halfback flanker from tassie

James Tsitas: 181cm 78kg, Geelong, another good mid, loves the contested footy, strong work rate

Zak Jones: 181cm 76kg, Dandenong, inside/outside midfielder, brother of the melb jones i think

Christian Salem: 183cm 81kg, Sandringham, goal kicking left foot midfielder, another of the quality mids in this draft

James Battersby: 177cm 78kg, Sturt, another quality mid, good decision making, moves well, uses ball well

Mitch Harvey: 197cm 95kg, Nth Adel, quality centre half forward, works hard to get the ball and uses it really well, would think he would be a good pairing with Roughy and Gunston

Luke Reynolds: 188cm 86kg, Pt Adel, med forward, smart footballer, knows how to use his body in a contest and likes to play-on, isn't very fast, but is agile and clever

Jarman Impey: 177cm 78kg, Murray, good little defender/mid, works hard, spoils, runs, attacks a contest, good kick as well

Jay Kennedy-Harris: 173cm 68kg, Oakleigh, one of the mosquito fleet from Vic Metro team, has a lot to offer, only problem could be his height, but I rate him highly anyway

Cameron Giles: 195cm 93kg, Woodville-West Torrens, best tall defender in the draft, liked the way he plays

Isaiah Miller: 187cm 82kg, Bendigo, likes to run the ball out of defence, plays smart and a good kick

Darcy Byrne-Jones: 180cm 69kg, Oakleigh, good spoiler/tackler/rebounding defender, has the whole kit, real irish look about him

Thomas Hodgson: 185cm 78kg, East Perth, reads the ball well, good tackler, good rebounding defender

Just a few likely top 30 picks You've missed there Davo-27!

Lewis Taylor 175cm, 76kg. Geelong Falcons....Speed, Endurance & high Intensity....Touch of the Brent Harvey's about this guy.
Matt Crouch 182cm, 76kg. Nth Ballarat Rebels.....Inside Mid, great ball winning ability & hands inside 2nd to none.
Cameron Conlon 198cm, 87kg. Northern Knights....Injured all year, but prior to was a top 20 likely....Real smoky of the Draft
Jonathon Marsh 192cm, 90kg. W/A....Just does some freakish things for a bloke his size....Plays more like a ruck/Rover ah-la Buddy!
Nick Robertson 189cm, 89kg W/A....Hard at it inside mid. Tough as Nails high possie winner...Injury concerns all year. Top 10 for mine.
Darcy Gardiner 193cm 88kg Geelong Falcons....Best Key Position Defender at this Draft & Top 25 Cert!
Eli Templeton 183cm 72kg Tasmania....Silky skills & mover with the Ball....Oozes Class with every Possession
Patrick Cripps 189cm 86kg W/A....Tall inside Midfielder with poise & uses the ball extremely well!

Cheers Mate!:thumbsu: P.S Nice Threadz!

Would love something like this to eventuate.

24 - Jonathan Marsh - 191cm midfielder with elite pace, been used as a KPF by WA though.
38 - Alex Spina - 181cm forward with elite footskills and evasiveness, has potential for a midfield move.
56 - Dayle Garlett - 182cm midfielder with elite pace, disposal and evasiveness. Only attitude holding him back.
59 - Erinn Wasley-Black - 189cm defender with elite footskills and high athleticism, has potential for a midfield move.

Wouldn't mind this, not sure it could happen though. I really rate Leslie as a ruck, does the hard stuff like tackling and pressure acts, of course he is going to take some developing but why not pick him up for the 4-5 years time when he will be ready

24 - James Tsitas
38 - Jarman Impey
56 - Jack Leslie (Ruckman)
59 - Garlett (if available)

I am a fan of Tsitas or Robertson at Pick 24. There are others who I like better that will go earlier. However, if one of Dunstan or Crouch or Gardiner slide then I would be interested (these 3 should be gone by Pick 20).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rahul,
The tribe has spoken and mids are the go. We do not need rangy talls/KPP as we have brought in O'Brien, Brand, Heatherly and Tatapu plus Litherland, Kelly and Spangher are on our list and now McEvoy. So it is mids - with a leaning to inside mid. Please supply 3 or 4 of your suggestions.

Rahul,
The tribe has spoken and mids are the go. We do not need rangy talls/KPP as we have brought in O'Brien, Brand, Heatherly and Tatapu plus Litherland, Kelly and Spangher are on our list and now McEvoy. So it is mids - with a leaning to inside mid. Please supply 3 or 4 of your suggestions.
You would be hoping for a slider. Cripps could be available, but the chances are that Dunstan or Zak Jones will also be available and I like those 2. Eli Templeton could become a terrific midfielder with that outstanding endurance of his.

Potential AFL star players:
Tom Boyd: 200cm 103kg, Eastern Rangers, great mark, tall leading forward, atheletic forward, could be anything, looks very good

Tom-Boyd.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Luke McDonald: 188cm 85kg, a very competitive halfback flanker or midfielder, good size and shows all the signs of a good player, would likely have gone top 5, but north took him at 8

Luke-McDonald.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Blake Acres: 189cm 84kg, West Perth, another top end midfield talent, tall and silky skills, I think he is top 5 talent, but has been talked about as 10-15 pick

Blake-Acres.jpg

James Aish: 184cm 75kg, Norwood, this kid has a touch of Judd about him, it could've been his shoulder strap, but he looked like a Judd clone to me, just moves well

James-Aish.jpg

Jack Billings: 184cm 78kg, Oakleigh, another of the high quality mids in this draft, on similar standing as Aish and Acres, 3 outstanding midfielders

Jack-Billings.jpg

Potential High Standard AFL Players:
Matt Scharenberg: 190cm 87kg, Glenelg, Dean Solomon-type, strong bodied defender who takes on opponents, decent spoil and follows up

Matt-Scharenberg.jpg

Trent Dumont: 186cm 83kg, Norwood, good halfback flanker, think Birchall type without the bash and crash Birchall does

Trent-Dumont.jpg

Dom Sheed: 184cm 83kg, Subiaco, left footed goal kicking midfielder, good skills and looks a likely type

Dom-Sheed1.jpg

Billy Hartung: 177cm 75kg, Dandenong, 16.6 in the beep test has made people take notice, he looks like a Bradley Hill clone, very similar player, runs all day at speed and uses the ball well

Billy-Hartung.jpg

Ben Lennon: 188cm 77kg, Northern, another quality mid in the draft, not as highly rated as some, but is still a decent prospect

Ben-Lennon.jpg

Cameron McCarthy: 193cm 85kg, Sth Fremantle, had the Pat Cash headband on best tall forward for WA in the carnival, looks impressive

Cameron-McCarthy1.jpg

Charlie Cameron: 183cm 72kg, Swan Districts, he's my smokey in this draft, midfielder/sml forw type, aboriginal kid with tonnes of talent, at times looked a lvl ahead of others on the field

293257-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Dayle Garlett: 181cm 75kg, Swan Districts, everyone here knows his story, only thing that will possibly hold him back is his attitude, on field has all the skills needed to potentially make it

Dayle-Garlett.jpg

Josh Kelly: 183cm 75kg, Sandringham, everyone has him going top 5, I think he is slightly over-rated, I had him a grouping lower, but only raised him because of the hype, solid mid

Josh-Kelly1.jpg

Potential AFL Standard Players:
Marcus Bontempelli: 192cm 83kg, Northern, rangy running mid/ halfback flanker, I like how he plays, but seems to me to be 3 years from playing AFL, bit of a project

Marcus-Bontempelli.jpg

Jonathan Freeman: 198cm 96kg, Aspley, tall qld forw, leads and marks well, has good agility and speed, atheletic tall forward

306406-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Nathan Freeman: 182cm 85kg, Sandringham, a part of that strong Vic Metro mid, well balanced mid, loves to take a bounce and usually finds a team-mate

Nathan-Freeman.jpg

Luke Dunstan: 185cm 83kg, Woodville-West Torrens, another of the quality mids in the draft, in the second grouping of mids that are around the 15-30 pick range

Luke-Dunstan.jpg

Kade Kolodjashnij: 190cm 81kg, Launceston, atheletic tall defender who won the div 2 Harrison medal, all-Australian, good 3rd tall halfback flanker from tassie

Kade-Kolodjashnij.jpg

James Tsitas: 181cm 78kg, Geelong, another good mid, loves the contested footy, strong work rate

James-Tsitas.jpg

Zak Jones: 181cm 76kg, Dandenong, inside/outside midfielder, brother of the melb jones i think

Zak-Jones.jpg

Christian Salem: 183cm 81kg, Sandringham, goal kicking left foot midfielder, another of the quality mids in this draft

Christian-Salem.jpg

James Battersby: 177cm 78kg, Sturt, another quality mid, good decision making, moves well, uses ball well

James-Battersby1.jpg

Mitch Harvey: 197cm 95kg, Nth Adel, quality centre half forward, works hard to get the ball and uses it really well, would think he would be a good pairing with Roughy and Gunston

Mitchell-Harvey1.jpg

Luke Reynolds: 188cm 86kg, Pt Adel, med forward, smart footballer, knows how to use his body in a contest and likes to play-on, isn't very fast, but is agile and clever

Luke-Reynolds.jpg

Jarman Impey: 177cm 78kg, Murray, good little defender/mid, works hard, spoils, runs, attacks a contest, good kick as well

Jarman-Impey.jpg

Jay Kennedy-Harris: 173cm 68kg, Oakleigh, one of the mosquito fleet from Vic Metro team, has a lot to offer, only problem could be his height, but I rate him highly anyway

Hayden-Kennedy-Harris.jpg

Cameron Giles: 195cm 93kg, Woodville-West Torrens, best tall defender in the draft, liked the way he plays

Cameron-Giles.jpg

Isaiah Miller: 187cm 82kg, Bendigo, likes to run the ball out of defence, plays smart and a good kick

Isaiah-Miller.jpg

Darcy Byrne-Jones: 180cm 69kg, Oakleigh, good spoiler/tackler/rebounding defender, has the whole kit, real irish look about him

Darcy-Byrne-Jones.jpg

Thomas Hodgson: 185cm 78kg, East Perth, reads the ball well, good tackler, good rebounding defender

293245-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

having a look at a lot of phantom drafts and how I see the draft possibly going, I wanted to have a guide for myself when the draft came along...

Boyd#1, Kelly likely #2 - GWS SOS loves him, Billings/Aish/Kolodjashnij #3-5
#6-10 is likely between Acres/Bontempelli/Scharenberg/Lennon with McDonald a lock at #8 for North
#11-15 is likely to be N.Freeman/Sheed/Salem/Crouch/Taylor
#16-20 is likely to be McCarthy/Dunstan/Dumont/Gardiner/Z.Jones

#21-40 is where our pick is at, so is of interest
Marsh/Battersby/Hartung/Impey/Kennedy-Harris/Tsitas/Miller/Garlett/Harvey/Reynolds
Cameron/Giles/Templeton/Hodgson/Byrne-Jones/Cripps/Sicily/Merrett/Karpany/Vandeleur

#21-40 is where our pick is at, so is of interest
Marsh/Battersby/Hartung/Impey/Kennedy-Harris/Tsitas/Miller/Garlett/Harvey/Reynolds
Cameron/Giles/Templeton/Hodgson/Byrne-Jones/Cripps/Sicily/Merrett/Karpany/Vandeleur

not a bad guess from last years draft, got our 3 draftees out of 40 players, i'll make another list for this years draft later and see if i can be nostrodamus again :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back