my top 16 in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Sidebottom and Hannabery are both quicker and better skilled than Suban for mine, so I don't quite get what you're getting at.

My problem with Suban is that he is neither exceptionally quick nor skilled, albeit smart and hard at it, and as I said, I don't think I'm being exceptionally harsh in suggesting that a sub-180cm player with average pace and footskills isn't going in the Top 10

Sidebottom may be slightly quicker than Suban, but from what I've seen from the both of them Suban uses the ball a fair bit better and certainly doesn't have average skills. But that's different opinions, and that's what makes our great game fun and interesting, different perspectives of players and the like.

How about will martinello from vic country? i know he is short but is a gun on baller and plays consistantly well every week, probably the best clearence player iv seen and is a great tackler.. has nearly 10 tackles a game?

In Hutcy's article in the Herald Sun today he implied that Westcoast might even take Watts over the local boys Rich & Natinui. A gun key forward would be nice.

Kennedy & Watts would make a handy duo for the next 10 years :)

i hope not i really hope we get either natinui or rich before watts

i hope not i really hope we get either natinui or rich before watts
WCE will defiently get Rich!!

Really hope Adelaide get Sidebottom/Ziebell!

Lol; this is for a bit of a laugh
2i3lg5.jpg

Who do people think will be a good outside mid with good pace at aroud the 18-20 pick mark?

Im a Melb supporter, so Im thinking/hoping we'll get Warnock via PSD or trade, take Watts with our first pick, then take a quick mid with our late teens pick.

Who are the quick midfielders who will likely be around at our 2nd pick which will probably be 17-20? We've drafted hard midfielders over the last few years, and then Morton last year who has good skills, but isnt quick and may wind up a forward. We need some pace to compliment Mclean, Jones, Moloney, Bruce, Green, Mcdonald, Dunn etc

Thanks all and keep up the good analysis'

My problem with Suban is that he is neither exceptionally quick nor skilled,
albeit smart and hard at it, and as I said, I don't think I'm being exceptionally harsh in suggesting that a sub-180cm player with average pace and footskills isn't going in the Top 10

EDIT: Hmm... After reading over that, I think I'll have to count myself as #2 in Bourky's Heyne Train

Is that a joke?

Really?

I personally can't see us drafting Ziebell if he's available, even though I agree we'll be picking later than #10.

He's more likely to play as a floating half forward at AFL level, and we're pretty much all set for marking half forwards.

Even if we DID think that we could develop him into a midfielder, he's much too similar a prospect in that respect to John McCarthy, who is also a mid-sized HFF turned midfielder at the moment.

I think it's 185cm-or-below ball magnet for Collingwood this year. I know it will probably KILL Derek Hine to draft someone 6 foot or shorter, but at some stage we're going to have to pick someone up that can win the ball off the deck and feed it out to our ever growing fleet of long, lean runners. He'll at least be comforted by the drafting of Reed and Keefe, as he'll still get some athletic projects to work with.

So who would you Pick 1st VV?

I would pick Sidebottom:thumbsu:

So who would you Pick 1st VV?

I would pick Sidebottom:thumbsu:
Yeah, I'm a big Sidebottom fan, but I also like Hannebery.

I like Heyne and Zaharakis as well, but I'm not sure they're quite what we're looking for, and obviously if he ended up being available at our pick, Hartlett would be a dream.

Sidebottom may be slightly quicker than Suban, but from what I've seen from the both of them Suban uses the ball a fair bit better and certainly doesn't have average skills. But that's different opinions, and that's what makes our great game fun and interesting, different perspectives of players and the like.

For my money the biggest upside to Sidebottom's game is his disposal. He rarely seems to miss a target, although doesn't seem to be a massive kick.

Yeah, I'm a big Sidebottom fan, but I also like Hannebery.

I like Heyne and Zaharakis as well, but I'm not sure they're quite what we're looking for, and obviously if he ended up being available at our pick, Hartlett would be a dream.

Couldn't see Heyne getting to collingwoods pick to be honest, assuming the pies finish 5-6.

I see collingwood taking sidebottom or maybe even swift, baring the miracle that harlett is available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think of Luke Shuey (Vic Metro), Dan Hanneberry (Vic Metro) and Calncee Pearce (WA). What are their skills like and do you see them as a inside or outside player? Also around what round/pick do you think he will be going? Thanks.

What do people think of Luke Shuey (Vic Metro), Dan Hanneberry (Vic Metro) and Calncee Pearce (WA). What are their skills like and do you see them as a inside or outside player? Also around what round/pick do you think he will be going? Thanks.

only really know about Pearce but heard that hanneberry would be around a 3rd rounder maybe early 3rd round.

C.Pearce is an inside player however has played off the hbf to great success during the carnival. He may get all australian he is a strong body who rotates through the guts and can be a good clearance player. Probably wasnt expected to be drafted at the start of the year but has played really well for swan colts and now WA. will be a late pick i feel 40 - 50 but may still get all australian off the HBF.

So who would be Carlton's ideal pick and realistic ideal pick, assuming we finish 9-10. Would I be correct in assuming Hurley is the one we want the most, but in the likely event that he isn't available we'd go after someone like Yarran?

So who would be Carlton's ideal pick and realistic ideal pick, assuming we finish 9-10. Would I be correct in assuming Hurley is the one we want the most, but in the likely event that he isn't available we'd go after someone like Yarran?

If Harlett gets picked up by Port then we will take Hurley or Yarran.

And vice versa?

yea

EDIT -Oh! according to one of our mods, our scout manager is very keen on Yarran.

who will we pick up then. If the bottom 5 were say

16: Melbourne
15: West Coast
14: Fremantle
13: Port Adelaide
12: Essendon

I'm hoping we get Hurley, I think he fills our need the most.

Especially with Dustin announcing his retirement.

who will we pick up then. If the bottom 5 were say

16: Melbourne
15: West Coast
14: Fremantle
13: Port Adelaide
12: Essendon
Impossible to get this right at this early stage (no draft in history has been predictable 5 deep this far away).

However, as far as I'm concerned, Watts, Rich and Naitanui will be the Top 3 picks.

That means that you could be looking at either Hurley or Hartlett.

Impossible to get this right at this early stage (no draft in history has been predictable 5 deep this far away).

However, as far as I'm concerned, Watts, Rich and Naitanui will be the Top 3 picks.

That means that you could be looking at either Hurley or Hartlett.

well done cheif, who are the pies looking at closely, any players in particluar caught your eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back