FTA-TV Mythbusters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mythbusters has been one of my favourite shows for a few years. That bit with the treadmill was very amusing.

Anyone seen the explosion with the cement truck? Thats my favourite explosion hands down.

I want to try it but it would drives me nuts trying to put the 2 phone books together to do it.

Yeah, it would be awesome to replicate, particularly if you could get a hold of some tanks. :D

I watched that Demolition Derby episode on christmas night on Discovery channel and it was a ripper.I liked the bit with the car that had it's roof sliced off by the truck.Only one problem they had ....the car just kept going and flies over the dirt embankment :D

The Speed stuff with the bus was really good.

Yeah, that ep. was on tonight on sbs and it was friggen awesome. :thumbsu: The run away car was hilarious and the explosion from the fusing of the metal plates was epic.

*BUMP*

Well I'm shocked - Tori,Kari & Grant have been axed from Mythbusters.Next year it's going back to it's original concept where it was just Jamie & Adam

:thumbsdown:

The final ep with them in it aired in the USA yesterday [Plane Boarding].Oddily enough this episode was shown on SBS late last year and released in Aus on DVD late last year.

*BUMP*

Well I'm shocked - Tori,Kari & Grant have been axed from Mythbusters.Next year it's going back to it's original concept where it was just Jamie & Adam

:thumbsdown:

The final ep with them in it aired in the USA yesterday [Plane Boarding].Oddily enough this episode was shown on SBS late last year and released in Aus on DVD late last year.
Having worked my way through the first few seasons on DVD recently, that's a terrible decision. The series absolutely took off in terms of enjoyment when Tory, Grant and Kari started getting involved.

My guess is - money. The show has taken off far beyond the wildest dreams of the original crew. All involved must have made several packets. Tori, Grant and Kari are probably reasonable celebs in their own right now, and are probably getting other offers. (Kari has done the bikini shoots for FHM or Maxim or whatever). Maybe their agents asked for a bit more. Maybe they wanted to be employed as 'stars' rather than assistants.

When it came time to sign up the crew for the next series, it's no longer a case of 'Let's blow up some things and have some fun!'. With world-wide syndication, books, DVDs, Live shows - this is a multi-multi-million $$$$ operation.

My guess is - money. The show has taken off far beyond the wildest dreams of the original crew. All involved must have made several packets. Tori, Grant and Kari are probably reasonable celebs in their own right now, and are probably getting other offers. (Kari has done the bikini shoots for FHM or Maxim or whatever). Maybe their agents asked for a bit more. Maybe they wanted to be employed as 'stars' rather than assistants.

When it came time to sign up the crew for the next series, it's no longer a case of 'Let's blow up some things and have some fun!'. With world-wide syndication, books, DVDs, Live shows - this is a multi-multi-million $$$$ operation.
Its definitely going to do with cost. Either the salaries or just having two camera crews and workshops since they have been on seperate sites for some time.

Still taking Kari off TV is criminal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This show has been on the air since 2002. Pretty sure it's been a multi multi million dollar operation for a while now.

Having watched the early episodes recently, it's a bad decision. You'd watch Adam and Jamie discuss the myth, then start preparing for it, then discuss it some more, prepare some more. Etc. etc.

Tory, Grant and Kari added a different dynamic and made it a lot more fun. When it was just the two guys it had a tendency towards being flat and boring at times. Those times were all but utterly wiped out with the addition of those three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back