N.T.F.L thread - 2010/11/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: N.T.F.L thread - 2010

Your kidding yourself Twoblues, think you have been watching your side way to much. I think Holland could cut the mustard, the rest maybe not. There is a reason they are playing NTFL and not state league, generally the main reason is it's too hard for them! Why doesn't Holland. I think he should. But until he does, it's all guessing. Langmaid could of in his prime, but he is way past it now. Nils Williams, no chance, unless he found some drive and motivation. Sheehan still young but very dedicated. And Woodcock, i wouldn't have thought so, couldn't get a kick against Devonport Burnie and Ulverstone a couple of years ago when they were strong.

Not a bad analysis....

Darren Banham to be at east devonport next year along with Clint Viney and Josh Holland....

Banham won't be asking for a playing contract just get him in as coach and he will sort out the sheep from the fox's "frig me dead!!" and also might get Shack and Milvington over too

Darren Banham to be at east devonport next year along with Clint Viney and Josh Holland....

I know a bloke who's brother goes out with a girl that knows banham and according to her he has committed to Ulverstone next season wants to win a premiership so he going to Ulverstone and he is supposed to be taking three or four dockers with him.

I know a bloke who's brother goes out with a girl that knows banham and according to her he has committed to Ulverstone next season wants to win a premiership so he going to Ulverstone and he is supposed to be taking three or four dockers with him.

well i was talking to my mates sisters brothers son and he said he hasn't talked about moving anywhere....but good rumours so early in the piece cant wait for silly october rumour mill stayed tuned

You must think we are all fools on this site. It’s common knowledge that you and coast to coast work together. I have seen the paper work that says Banham will play for the Dockers next year. Also heard that Dale Sheppard who had this year off has agreed to co ordinate all match day stats for the Dockers next year

You must think we are all fools on this site. It’s common knowledge that you and coast to coast work together. I have seen the paper work that says Banham will play for the Dockers next year. Also heard that Dale Sheppard who had this year off has agreed to co ordinate all match day stats for the Dockers next year
IS Planty going around again next year-I heard he had missed a fair chunk of work by coaching?

owe come on guys everyone knows what tassie's best mullet in footy is doing.. and he does look good in red and white.... even though the asking price may be a little too steep but it's so worth it for what he brings to the table... no doubt to where he will be lining up no backline work for him next year all solid midfield/forwardline runs for him..

owe come on guys everyone knows what tassie's best mullet in footy is doing.. and he does look good in red and white.... even though the asking price may be a little too steep but it's so worth it for what he brings to the table... no doubt to where he will be lining up no backline work for him next year all solid midfield/forwardline runs for him..

Na the red and white would just not suite the ban ham mullet , could not see him in red and white

Just like your coaching days at Devonport Ned. Promise so much early but hopeless at finals. How many premierships slipped through your fingers at Devonport in all grades there over the years. Latrobe will now suffer the same fate because you dont know what to do when your opposition side gets a run on. Only sit in your coaches box and fire up your foul language up in front of women and children at the ground. About time the N T F L did some thing about that. Go the Robins.

Just like your coaching days at Devonport Ned. Promise so much early but hopeless at finals. How many premierships slipped through your fingers at Devonport in all grades there over the years. Latrobe will now suffer the same fate because you dont know what to do when your opposition side gets a run on. Only sit in your coaches box and fire up your foul language up in front of women and children at the ground. About time the N T F L did some thing about that. Go the Robins.
A bit early for this one would think? Injury's have brought that side undone. Not Ned!

I think you are being a bit hard on Ned injuries have decimated there side I have no doubt a full strength Latrobe side would take alot of tossing in a Grand Final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think u should be fair there mate, at least our coach doesnt get involved in on field melees as your coach did against penguin a few weeks ago. That is a real blight on the game!!! You also shouldnt get too cocky yet coz we had 6 players out injured on saturday and then lost josh holland in the second guarter and james wescombe just on half time and then andrew walker and ben holland early in the third quarter so had no bench at all from then on. If you had that amount of injuries with your crap reserves side u would struggle probably more than us.

Can't recall any heroic efforts coming from the coach's box that has won grand finals, maybe the occassional move or crucial match up, but usually it comes from someone actually playing on the field. Maybe it was a case that some of his players lacked a little ticker buggsy when the pressure was really applied! I would love to see your record as a coach, if you ever had the balls to take up the challenge? Better yet, what is your record like as a player? Do you even play? Any Jingle Jangle in your glass cabinet?

For a bloke that doesnt have any football credentials what so ever you have a fair bit to say thetwoblues!!! Penguin are a disgrace, the prez walked out on them last week because of in house fighting between board members, they have spent a s*** load of money trying to win a premiership and they will finish last this year - Enough said your club is in turmoil!!!!!

geez wizza you been quiet lately how you boys doing ???

Dale Sheppard working with Brent Plant doing stats at the Dockers. Geez we would like to see that.

not much talk about the mighty robins in here. looking likely to take out senior and u19s premiership, lost u15s by 19 and u17s by 6. future looks bright, as does the present! plus i assume vin ponsonby will return some day from devonport if he doesnt get drafted, as he loves the club still, goes to the bar and if his playing commitments dont clash he gets there to watch the robins games. exciting young footballer and would love for him to come back. (thats a reason why i hope tsl falls over, we will get some players back from dev who went there to try playing at the best league possible)

Can someone give me a rundown of how the Cats went this year? Who played well? Who needs to go? Future stars? etc etc Cheers

not much talk about the mighty robins in here. looking likely to take out senior and u19s premiership, lost u15s by 19 and u17s by 6. future looks bright, as does the present! plus i assume vin ponsonby will return some day from devonport if he doesnt get drafted, as he loves the club still, goes to the bar and if his playing commitments dont clash he gets there to watch the robins games. exciting young footballer and would love for him to come back. (thats a reason why i hope tsl falls over, we will get some players back from dev who went there to try playing at the best league possible)

I must say yes Robins up and about certainly give us a football lesson you can never count out Ulverstone will take some tossing in finals.

I must say yes Robins up and about certainly give us a football lesson you can never count out Ulverstone will take some tossing in finals.

To be fair, if what I read in the paper was correct you guys had a few top players missing?..

I am not sold on Ulverstone, love the club, but have been pretty inconsistent this year.. But do have finals runs on the board..

Former Senior A Ulverstone premiership player and current coach lee Kendrick is set to quit the top job as from today. Kendrick was appointed coach at the beginning of the season and was highly recommended for the job by Robins CEO Max Brown. However according to a source Lee is still un happy from when Max dropped him for Cameron Blight in the old TFL when playing with Devonport. When contacted by inside football Lee said” I don’t have an issue with Max, He knows I’m a better footballer than Blight and him, maybe max has an issue with me.” Kendirck has confirmed that he has been in talks with the Burnie Dockers about a coaching role in 2011. “ Yeah I have spoken to Burnie, I hate Devonport so to get one back on them would be great” “ I would think that I will take over from plant when the time is right”. In other news two time Ulverstone premiership player and best and fairest winner Shaun Conkie has been rumoured to take over the vacant East Devonport coaching job. Conkie, 31 ,has been one of the Robins best players in club history and could not be reached for comment yesterday.\

In responce to COAST TO COAST: Who is this Lee Kendrick guy? I wouldn't think that Burnie would be looking to replace Plant after a year of developing players etc. Surely Shaun Conkie wouldn't be intrested in the East Coaching job. Didn't he only play reserves this year to help the Robins out? Good get for East though if he did go. Good player.

In responce to COAST TO COAST: Who is this Lee Kendrick guy? I wouldn't think that Burnie would be looking to replace Plant after a year of developing players etc. Surely Shaun Conkie wouldn't be intrested in the East Coaching job. Didn't he only play reserves this year to help the Robins out? Good get for East though if he did go. Good player.

lee kendrick was one of the best juniors going around in the old statewide playing alongside the like of brady rawlings, kurt hazelwood and cameron blight but a serious knee injury put an end to his career, they hailed him as the next max brown in the coaching ranks very well respected, plant will be coaching burnie, kendrick will coach the burnie city dockers in 2012

Well it sounds like that Burnie are continuing to go forward.Good on them. Do you know, coast to coas,t if the likes of Banham, Shackelton, Munday and Stephenson have signed for next year? Even though they have a great list of juniors they must keep these experienced guys. Conkie a Swan, still cant et my head around. However, I think he would be great in coaching. Maybe take a Robin or two with him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back