N.T.F.L thread - 2010/11/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: N.T.F.L thread - 2010

Brad Mac $1500 sign on & $300 per game
Chris Mac $1500 Sign on & $250 per game
Mathew Smith $2500 sign on & $400 per game
Justin Cotton $3000 Sign on & $400 per game

And how i know this is the club is trying to get 25 past players to put in $1000 each to help play for these players. I know one of these past players pretty well and when asked what the money would be spent on the answer was to help pay for these BIG recruits!!!! Not bad coin for a 6 team comp!!!!

Not sure if what you say has any substance. You said 5, yet you have only named 4???? I would find it hard to believe that you would know exact figures for each of these players if 25 past players were asked for a grand each. I wouldn't have thought paying structure would have been broken down individually.

If it is true, it's no different to what Latrobe is currently throwing or thrown at Devonport Players.

Not sure if what you say has any substance. You said 5, yet you have only named 4???? I would find it hard to believe that you would know exact figures for each of these players if 25 past players were asked for a grand each. I wouldn't have thought paying structure would have been broken down individually.

If it is true, it's no different to what Latrobe is currently throwing or thrown at Devonport Players.
who are latrobe paying then.you seem to know every clubs inside info

who are latrobe paying then.you seem to know every clubs inside info

Not sure where you get every club from Nigel. Don't agree with your penguin comment as you contradicted yourself. And then i refered too Latrobe. No mention of any other clubs.

Good on the two blues. If they can afford it whether by past players, bar takings or sponsorship.

They've paid out less money than most of their rivals every year since money became part of football so can't begrudge them when the tide turns a little.

Good on the two blues. If they can afford it whether by past players, bar takings or sponsorship.

They've paid out less money than most of their rivals every year since money became part of football so can't begrudge them when the tide turns a little.
Interesting as you can usually cut in half easily as to what people claim others actually get paid on this forum.Also, unusual for past players or this many in fact to contribute however in saying this the Two Blues social functions were very well attended last year so maybe they have got a bit of "coin " to throw around.And, by the way, at least all of the four players are in fact "good" players.Have Latrobe lost any and does anyone else know of any other Clubs supposedly losses and gains ?On a footnote in regards to match payments ,signing on for and in fact receiving are two entirely different matters !:thumbsu:

Oh I’m so sorry Mr Football what the f*** would I know.... I forgot you know everything about every club and player in Tasmania!

I am still laughing at the advocate for putting Alford on the back page today:) surely he will not make Latrobes senior side:eek: poor player

Sounds like all the NTFL clubs are stronger this year. The standard of the comp should go up another level. For mine its a Latrobe v Penguin Grand Final at this early stage. Should be some great games between these two clubs during the year.
Ulverstone will be up there but a bit behind the top 2.

Sounds like all the NTFL clubs are stronger this year. The standard of the comp should go up another level. For mine its a Latrobe v Penguin Grand Final at this early stage. Should be some great games between these two clubs during the year.
Ulverstone will be up there but a bit behind the top 2.
fair way out to predict the two grand finalists I reckon but yes comp should be good, still hard to fathoma regional or coastal competition with noone from Burnie but that is what the powers to be want I assume, cats to improve as well you would think

Burnie Sports & Events would also like a team from Burnie in the NTFL. It would give BS&E a game at West Park every week. A good way for them to generate income. It will be interesting to see how the power brokers go about their plan.
I am not sure whether the 6 NTFL clubs would be interested in Burnie. It seems to be a good competitive comp without them.

Hey Kevin Sheedy, Jamie Lowe was the 5th player...:D

Burnie Sports & Events would also like a team from Burnie in the NTFL. It would give BS&E a game at West Park every week. A good way for them to generate income. It will be interesting to see how the power brokers go about their plan.
I am not sure whether the 6 NTFL clubs would be interested in Burnie. It seems to be a good competitive comp without them.
The NTFL will be waiting when Statewide falls over, AGAIN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is happening in the NTFL?

Any surprises at this point? Which teams and individuals are playing well etc etc

I can tell you what’s going on cooee bulldog. Penguin have spent a s*** load of coin for not much return yet. A 70 point thrashing from Latrobe last week followed by a 7 point win over East on the weekend. No disrespect to East Devonport, but if they had spent the money Penguin had, im thinking they would expect a little bit more than what they have showed over past 2 weeks!!! Go Blues.

I can tell you what’s going on cooee bulldog. Penguin have spent a s*** load of coin for not much return yet. A 70 point thrashing from Latrobe last week followed by a 7 point win over East on the weekend. No disrespect to East Devonport, but if they had spent the money Penguin had, im thinking they would expect a little bit more than what they have showed over past 2 weeks!!! Go Blues.
Holland and Bryan still cutting them up,Two Blues struggling but have new faces to fit in to their game day structures,Latrobe going along beautifully,East still undermanned,Smithton as usual showing "potential" but a good win over real quality opposition in Ulvy, Ulvy ticking along nicely with a few to come back in,Wynyard just lacking at the moment players that have played enough senior footy.A bit of a yawn actually following the comp as sides seem to play each other every month,you would think even this far out that Latrobe would be favourites but we are really early in to the season:thumbsu:

Holland and Bryan still cutting them up,Two Blues struggling but have new faces to fit in to their game day structures,Latrobe going along beautifully,East still undermanned,Smithton as usual showing "potential" but a good win over real quality opposition in Ulvy, Ulvy ticking along nicely with a few to come back in,Wynyard just lacking at the moment players that have played enough senior footy.A bit of a yawn actually following the comp as sides seem to play each other every month,you would think even this far out that Latrobe would be favourites but we are really early in to the season:thumbsu:

All the pressure on Latrobe for sure even though its very early in the piece. Thumping opposition opponents already, wouldn't be good to go through the whole season undefeated. Penguin to not click all year with players playing for the $$$ and not the jumper. Smithton too be a danger side. Ulverstone havent had their best team on the park all year, with Howard, Walsmley, McCrossen, Ponsonby and Owen Clark all who didnt play on the weekend against Smithton. And East Dev and Wynyard to fight it out for the wooden sppon.

All the pressure on Latrobe for sure even though its very early in the piece. Thumping opposition opponents already, wouldn't be good to go through the whole season undefeated. Penguin to not click all year with players playing for the $$$ and not the jumper. Smithton too be a danger side. Ulverstone havent had their best team on the park all year, with Howard, Walsmley, McCrossen, Ponsonby and Owen Clark all who didnt play on the weekend against Smithton. And East Dev and Wynyard to fight it out for the wooden sppon.
An excellent assesment indeed:thumbsu:

Why wouldn't it??

I take my hat off to Chris McGurk. What a great effort to kick ten in your 200th at 39 years of age (39??? - source: Advocate)

I remember seeing him kick a banana from the boundary, 45m out at East when I was a young fella. Super talented then, and obviously has still got it.
How did he kick his goals? On the lead? Surely Ulverstone could have had someone to stop him!

Did Justin Cotton get a kick? How is he travelling there?

What about the Wynyard Cats upsetting the Saints. Any reports????

I take my hat off to Chris McGurk. What a great effort to kick ten in your 200th at 39 years of age (39??? - source: Advocate)

I remember seeing him kick a banana from the boundary, 45m out at East when I was a young fella. Super talented then, and obviously has still got it.
How did he kick his goals? On the lead? Surely Ulverstone could have had someone to stop him!

Did Justin Cotton get a kick? How is he travelling there?

What about the Wynyard Cats upsetting the Saints. Any reports????

Can anyone add the NTFL squad to this page please?

McGurk did well and will be a threat if the rest play him like Ulverstone did. They had no-one getting into the gap and gave him an armchair ride physically.
Wynyard was a shock with their effort a real Jeckyl and Hyde performance. Saw them get hammered by Latrobe and for to beat a reasonable side like Smithton suggests that they are not coming to some games ready to play. Coach Bakes should start worrying about his opposition at some stage as Latrobe played through his wing and carved them up with Bakes chasing kicks while his direct opponent was getting a heap more. The Swans have a new ruckman signed from Lauderdale who will play in the seconds this week. But if he comes from Lauderdale he may be no better than what they already have.

McGurk did well and will be a threat if the rest play him like Ulverstone did. They had no-one getting into the gap and gave him an armchair ride physically.
Wynyard was a shock with their effort a real Jeckyl and Hyde performance. Saw them get hammered by Latrobe and for to beat a reasonable side like Smithton suggests that they are not coming to some games ready to play. Coach Bakes should start worrying about his opposition at some stage as Latrobe played through his wing and carved them up with Bakes chasing kicks while his direct opponent was getting a heap more. The Swans have a new ruckman signed from Lauderdale who will play in the seconds this week. But if he comes from Lauderdale he may be no better than what they already have.

Thanks, Ilja. What about that NTFL squad mobile big man?

Massively high scoring game, does not say much for both backlines, geez the Advocate need to give Penguin a bit more coverage dont they :cool:

The NTFL squad has a few worries i think.Osbourne, Watling, King, McCrossen, Bloomfield are all injured and I am not sure who else they can use in defence to help out Stretton. Peters and Nathan Ling and Brown are not big enough and McCall is still months away from full fitness. Bloomfield is the only ruckman in the squad and I suppose they are relying on the speed of Holland, King, Wescombe, McDonald and Howard to get the pill down to Cotton, Knott and maybe Langmaid if its a real dry day. Woodcock would be my captain and I would ease a few of the Wynyard and East blokes out of the squad.

Just heard that Brad Davis trained with teh Two Blues on Tuesday and more than likely will front tonight as well. Interesting. And Clint Carpenter is not far away either. Gee if Carpenter, Davis, Cotton , McGurk, Francombe, McCall and Loewe all play, they will be a big, big side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back