Game Day NAB Challenge Week 1, St Kilda v North Melbourne 2.05pm (EDT), Saturday 20 February, Wangaratta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full time wrap:
Acres running ability had really surprised me, the kid will be an animal and had a very good game.
Gresh has a very good footy brain and very agile, will be a player.
Billings a quarter was enough to see what he can do
Dunstan nowhere to be seen, maybe just had an off day
Bruce marked and competed well, well got 50+ goals this year
Eli found the confidence he was lacking last year and went okay with clean disposal
Ross I thought was our best along with acres, just worked so hard and used the ball well
Hugh just looked tired and didn't compete with much effort
Coughlan too skinny put looks a likely type in
defence
Delany seems like he isn't interested
Sinclair silky when he has it, just needs more of it ditto Lonie
Shents unfortunately can't seem him getting a go in the seniors
Saunders battled hard today just needs to use it better

Good to see the side run around today. Great second quarter. Then lots of players rested. I think one of our key strengths this year will be the pressure we bring to the contest. Teams know we are gonna do that for sure but our fleet of rabid dogs led by the likes of Steven, Billings, Sinclair, Lonie and Gresham are gonna worry alot of teams out of the contest. Saw enough today to say when we are full strength we will be competitive. Footy's back that is all.

Just going on the Prelim:

Jacobs, Tarrant, Hansen, Thompson, Brown, NDS, Gibson, Wright, Goldstein.

Makes 9.

But lets not let facts get in the way of pretending we are the only side in the AFL with young players.
Tarrant played. So did wright, let's not let facts get in the way though

Ill break down Acres today, I though he was good in parts, his hands were good and his kicking was good but the highlight was porbably his tackling. I think that in the first half i didnt see him line up on the wing or in the middlein at all in the first half but up forward. howveer when he was in the midfield he seemed to be getting to the right spots to have ball bounce the wrong way or the tap go away from him. Give him time in the side and he will get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross will be a more important player for us, by the end of the year then Dunstan IMO

Said that last year, also when some prominent posters on here were happy to include him in the Carlisle trade. Didn't go down too well.

As I said last year, Ross will end up better than Dunstan and Sinclair. Eat it Starvo. xoxo

Goddard mustve been ill with food poisoning or something hes better than that.

He was the same in the intra club - no energy. Remember his QLD issue I reckon he is just one those guys who cant cope with the heat. Either that or
hes been kissing Bailey and has Glandular Fever also, because he has been terrible in both games.

MG has aleady said it is just the NAB cup. But you dont have to see much of a group to know we are a long long way off playing finals footy. We have a tough start to year and could 0 & 5 after the first 5 rounds and young teams cant afford those confidence dents.

One positive for me out of game was Jade Gresham will be a player. Having said that Ryan Clarke for North taken later in the draft looked superior and has more size to make an impact - so jury is still out on 2015 trade/draft for me?

Whats up with Luke Dunstan hasnt he lost weight so he can ran more? He was another running up and down on the spot and his disposal was poor also.

Teams are using heat training across the AFL, what happened at the Saints have they been training indoors since QLD?

Acres, Gresh and Billings looked really good, and I thought Hickey gave us something. Very inexperienced side so dont care about the result but proud of the boys effort and attack on the man & footy.

Paddy looks to be right, I think the club was just being very cautious with him as it's just NAB.

All round a good effort

Disapointed the young mids were out muscled after half time. Acres needs more grunt inside but very happy with his ability to find the pockets of space. Seb had a great game and is putting up his hand for rd 1.

Dunstan disapointing, lots short of a gallop. Needs to play all three games imo.

Forward line got a little messy once paddy went off. Having to throw Lee forward was disapointing as his defensive body work and spoiling was top notch.

Newnes and savage are weapons off half back in a full saints team.

Hickey disapointing, soft at the contest after his shoulder hit.

Gresham is a gun. Wowee. Billings Steven and Gilbo all looked good early. We missed the leadership of joey and roo still but work in progress.

Running both ways still an issue but happy to watch it evolve. We looked dangerous when we have overlapping run. Lots to work with for next week.

Kangas might be going too hard too early imo

He was the same in the intra club - no energy. Remember his QLD issue I reckon he is just one those guys who cant cope with the heat. Either that or
hes been kissing Bailey and has Glandular Fever also, because he has been terrible in both games.

MG has aleady said it is just the NAB cup. But you dont have to see much of a group to know we are a long long way off playing finals footy. We have a tough start to year and could 0 & 5 after the first 5 rounds and young teams cant afford those confidence dents.

One positive for me out of game was Jade Gresham will be a player. Having said that Ryan Clarke for North taken later in the draft looked superior and has more size to make an impact - so jury is still out on 2015 trade/draft for me?
No way! The jury is still out on you for the 2015 draft when none of the players have played a game?!?! Amazing insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back