Autopsy NAB Challenge Week 1, St Kilda v North Melbourne, Saturday 20 February 2016, Wangaratta

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's put all this into some perspective; a somewhat undermanned St Kilda side (finished 14th in 2015) is beaten by 44 points a fair strength North side (8th).

At this moment, an undermanned West Coast (2nd) - a Grand Finalist last year - is being smashed by a fair strength Adelaide (7th) by a whopping 84 points.

Reckon they're worried?

EDIT: Crows by an even 100. WCE giving zero ****s.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the same bloke who came second in the assistant coach of the year? As voted by players AND coaches....

How would anyone ouside our club have any idea what Sexton does or doesnt do? Isnt he the Director of Coaching he might be rated as good stategist but have you seen any significant results to support that? Regardless of what his role is at the club Im suggesting is he has no background in the game, no persona or salesmanship about him. He might be good on a white board but having no experience in the game what is going to teach the players playing highest level?

We seem to have a very shallow gene pool of coaching staff at the club. Apart from Richo none of the assistants have worked anywhere else of note outside our club and 3 have never played the game at the highest level and Sexton is the classic example of this. Came to the club as a teacher in a player welfare role and now he is an assistant coach having never played a decent level of footy himself. Put that on top of of lack of personality and I would suggest he is a very poor choice for an assistant and should be used in a strategic role only.

Last edited:

How would anyone ouside our club have any idea what Sexton does or doesnt do? Isnt he the Director of Coaching he might be rated as good stategist but have you seen any significant results to support that? Regardless of what his role is at the club Im suggesting is he has no background in the game, no persona or salesmanship about him. He might be good on a white board but having no experience in the game what is going to teach the players playing highest level?

We seem to have a very shallow gene pool of coaching staff at the club. Apart from Richo none of the assistants have worked anywhere else of note outside our club and 3 have never played the game at the highest level and Sexton is the classic example of this. Came to the club as a teacher in a player welfare role and now he is an assistant coach having never played a decent level of footy himself. Put that on top of of lack of personality and I would suggest he is a very poor choice for an assistant and should be used in a strategic role only.
What exactly are you trying to argue? That Sexton is useless because he hasnt elevated a team of under 50 gamers to finals contention in a two year span?

No one here knows exactly the way he coaches, but we DO know that his peers have considerable faith in him which seems to be to be a more effective measure then what some blokes on an internet forum think.

More faith in people in the industry than some non entity who spends his days potting everything in the club he supposedly supports

Didn't Adam Kingsley and Danny Sexton come 1st & 2nd in the recent Level 4 Coaching licensing program?
So there is some evidence that Danny Sexton is rated externally.

Just can't believe there are people on here who are questioning the credentials of one of our assistants coz they don't speak in front of the media like a polished salesman.
Talk about looking for an excuse to eat your own. Disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would appear that certain people are in desperate need of an Optrectomy... a surgical procedure that severs the nerve which connects their eyes to their rectum.

Thus curing their shitty outlook on life.
ROFL

Saying that noone can know exactly what Sexton does inside the club, yet proceeds to tell everyone all the mistakes he makes and everything he hasnt achieved...

We're in February people. If we play like that consistently in June then you know what? We'll be talking about Sam Petrevski-Seton or whatever the guys name is as that who we will be taking at pick 1.

However I'm quite prepared to stake my reputation on here, (whats left of it anyway), and say that won't be the case. Look I don't think we'll make the 8 but we won't be bottom 2 either.

Its always good to have differing points of view and you don't always have to be positive or think the sun shines out of the club in general but some of the rubbish about how crap our coaches are because they haven't taken kids with less than 50 games experience with only 1-2 top ten picks too btw to the top in less than two years. And this is despite the coaches and players, (who frankly know a hell of a lot more than we do), voting them as top coaches last season.

As Sir Skid I think it was said, sometimes I feel really really smart when I read some of the rubbish here. I'll say it again - It's fricking February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're in February people. If we play like that consistently in June then you know what? We'll be talking about Sam Petrevski-Seton or whatever the guys name is as that who we will be taking at pick 1.

However I'm quite prepared to stake my reputation on here, (whats left of it anyway), and say that won't be the case. Look I don't think we'll make the 8 but we won't be bottom 2 either.

Its always good to have differing points of view and you don't always have to be positive or think the sun shines out of the club in general but some of the rubbish about how crap our coaches are because they haven't taken kids with less than 50 games experience with only 1-2 top ten picks too btw to the top in less than two years. And this is despite the coaches and players, (who frankly know a hell of a lot more than we do), voting them as top coaches last season.

As Sir Skid I think it was said, sometimes I feel really really smart when I read some of the rubbish here. I'll say it again - It's fricking February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said.

It was the smart man Persevering Saint that made that remark.

I would prefer that posters offended by negative post/s to ignore what was said and post what they were going to without reference to the offending post/s. That way the thread does not get derailed and the offending poster fails to get the attention he/she desires.

Not having a dig by any means but I am surprised in how long hammil has lasted as a forward coach. Has been doing it for years, feels like forever.

It would appear that certain people are in desperate need of an Optrectomy... a surgical procedure that severs the nerve which connects their eyes to their rectum.

Thus curing their shitty outlook on life.
Ahhhh so theres a connecting nerve, i didnt know that . Hhhmmmm so i guess that explains why when im on the crapper the day after a hot curry thats why my eyes start to water.

Danny Sexton did a really solid job at the helm yesterday. No one outside the club would know but apparently he's highly rated by all around him. Personally I really liked the way he moved the magnets on the whiteboard and despite the fact he didn't sell any merchandise at half time I think he's got a real future in education.

Keep it up Danny you may even get a job coaching one day

He is our most overrated player for mine. Was outclassed in the ruck against a couple of rookies, he doesn't seem to know what to do in the forward line. He is ok floating around the ground, but he's no Ben McEvoy in that regard either.

Handy Depth only at this stage.
Hickey showed that as a forward, he knows how to break down defences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back