Preview NAB Cup Rd 1 St Kilda v North Melbourne 20/02/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 degrees in Wangaratta tomorrow. WHY do the AFL still program games in the hottest part of the day in summer? Will definitely be a test of fitness in that heat I hope our blokes have been acclimatising and training in the heat.

Tell me,

How much can you tell me about Trent Dumont, Mason Wood, Luke McDonald, Taylor Garner, Kayne Turner, Ryan Clarke, Brayden Preuss, Will Fordham, Corey Wagner and Declan Mountford?

I suspect its the same as most clubs, don't take it personally.

A couple on here were very keen on Dumont come draft but we went with others. He was in the news for the wrong reasons but he is a great accumulator well at least he was at draft time. From memory and I may be wrong wasn't he Luke Dunstan's year? If so we preferred Luke to Trent - not a knock just personal choice.

Mason Wood is a tall who we also looked at - he ha shown that he'll be a player. I like him. Luke McDonald is a very good player and a mate of Jack Sinclair and Jack Billings as they were all Kew Rovers players. Taylor Garner is a nice half forward, (well at least he played there) who I think will take some steps this season as he definitely showed a bit towards the end of last season. Ryan Clarke you picked up last draft and you guys have big wraps on him. Kanye West I mean Turner has played - half back isn't he? Hasn't set the world on fire for mine but haven't watched closely enough. Wagner is similar to Clarke - your second round pick last draft and the club is also very happy with. Don't know Mountford or Preuss. Fordham has played some games hasn't he but again don;t know much about him.

What I'm trying to say is that many supporters do follow other clubs to a point where at least you know something about some of the kids. That is more than these so called experts in the media who get paid for this sh*t. They really should take more time to go through lists. They proclaim to watch a lot of footy too.

Edit - got confused re Fordham as he plaed for Sandy which is why I thought he played games. Also Turner I remember was uber skinny. Whilst I'm not as close to it as some of our other posters - I'm not too far away :)

I suppose many of us do watch other youngsters at other teams, especially those who we were keen on at draft time just to see how they turned out and whether we made a mistake by picking another player instead of them...

The toss up was supposedly Dunstan, Acres, Hartung, Dumont and Taylor in the 13 draft according to the draft watchers. We went for the "sure thing" that would make an impact immediately in Dunstan with fab character and leadership experience first, then the could be anything tall midfielder in Acres rather than the other 3 who theoretically may have covered the outside weaknesses faster.

A couple on here were very keen on Dumont come draft but we went with others. He was in the news for the wrong reasons but he is a great accumulator well at least he was at draft time. From memory and I may be wrong wasn't he Luke Dunstan's year? If so we preferred Luke to Trent - not a knock just personal choice.
Yep. Went Billings at 3, Dunstan at 18 and Acres at 19.

This is the team at the minute (to be finalized on Friday at 6pm)

FB: Goddard, Delaney, Dempster
HB: Webster, Lee, Savage
C: Weller, Acres, Newnes
HF: Billings, Sinclair, Lonie
FF: Bruce, McCartin, Hickey

Foll: Holmes, Ross, Steven

Int (Extended): Minchington, Gilbert, Dunstan, Saunders, Templeton, Shenton, McKenzie, Curren, Pierce, Gresham, Coughlan

Really interesting to note our half forward line of three smalls...obviously will change I think with Hickey or McCartin moving to CHF, but overall I like the side. Really interested to see how Acres goes, and hoping that Gresh and Coughlan get a run at some point. Billings will not play majority of the game so that leaves the door open for someone on the bench ie probably Minchington or Templeton. Don't think Gilbo will play.
Where did you get that team from, is it official, or just one you put together? Minch for instance wasn't in the squad announced yesterday. I would definitely expect Gilbo to play, given how inexperienced we are and that he was named by I think it might have been Richo in the paper today as playing.

Who's getting the captaincy for this game.
As someone else said, Newnes. I would really like us to rotate the captaincy during this NAB series even if Roo plays the last couple of games. I reckon a Newnes/Weller/Steven would get a hell of a lot more out of captaining the side for a NAB game than Nick would.

Where did you get that team from, is it official, or just one you put together? Minch for instance wasn't in the squad announced yesterday. I would definitely expect Gilbo to play, given how inexperienced we are and that he was named by I think it might have been Richo in the paper today as playing.
Minch was on the extended bench. NAB Challenge is all about inexperience lol

As someone else said, Newnes. I would really like us to rotate the captaincy during this NAB series even if Roo plays the last couple of games. I reckon a Newnes/Weller/Steven would get a hell of a lot more out of captaining the side for a NAB game than Nick would.
That team was in the video of selection insider that the saints coaches do every week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if there is anyway i can watch this game any info will be much appreciated! A pm'd link or some instructions. Thanks a bunch in advance!

NAB cup is free through the AFL live app, but make sure you cancel your subscription before a certain date or you'll be charged.
Am watching the Richmond v Fremantle game on my desktop through the international pass currently, don't have to put in any banking details or anything for the free nab cup deal, seems like the best option.

Am watching the Richmond v Fremantle game on my desktop through the international pass currently, don't have to put in any banking details or anything for the free nab cup deal, seems like the best option.
If you're able to geoblock (Using one of many ways), then yeah if that doesn't require a card, then that is the best way (y)

30 degrees in Wangaratta tomorrow. WHY do the AFL still program games in the hottest part of the day in summer? Will definitely be a test of fitness in that heat I hope our blokes have been acclimatising and training in the heat.
Why do clubs train in hot weather. They would love it this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're able to geoblock (Using one of many ways), then yeah if that doesn't require a card, then that is the best way (y)

pay for getflix which lets you unblock all the US netflix content then go international pass- it's free for NAB. You have to update everyday to a new shadow ISP but worth it. Pretty cheap.

Went to open training today, pretty disappointing only about 30 or 40 people there, players did their best to look happy to be their and signed everything anyone wanted

Yes it's only NAB Challengr and I'm well aware of that, but it's footy and the saints are back in action today!

Cannot wait to watch the guys back in action, especially the young guys. :)

Do not give one f**king s**t about the result, just hoping for no injuries and some good performances by a number of "breakout contender" type players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back