Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Holmesby ‏@LukeHolmesby 8m8 minutes ago
Luke Holmesby Retweeted St Kilda FC

Sometimes you need to add some colour to your life. Things aren't always black and white. Welcome aboard, Nathan.

Luke Holmesby added,

CRuRV11VEAADQ9G.jpg

St Kilda FC @stkildaf

Can't work out how to copy it here but check out @LukeHolmesby's latest tweet pure gold

I don't have Twitter so can someone do me a solid and post it for me?

I remember looking at this photo earlier in the year and thinking how amazing it would be if we had 2 players inside the top 10 (Billings and potentially Kelly)... who would've thought that the 2nd player was standing next to Billings the entire time? :D

439630-5b6827f6-92ab-11e3-8d43-e004d36a6c9a.jpg
That makes 8 first rounders added to the list since 2011 :D
2015's draft will make that 9 :thumbsu:

Funny how at least three of the top 10 from 2013's draft will be at clubs others than the ones that drafted them in 2016. That's before Josh Kelly goes anywhere, which may or may not happen.

I think Billings and Bontempelli will come up looking pretty good from that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just over a week to get it done!

I think a future second round pick is about right. We were hoping to rip off the Maggies (3rd round + swap of 2nds, loved the offer toxic!) but I think we can all be content with this one.

Welcome Nathan, looking forward to seeing him blitzing through the middle.

Jumper #10? It's available and fits well with his original draft number and all.

a fair deal considering your 2016 pick will be about 27-32 or so allowing for free agency etc imo

Although i'm very happy to get freeman, Im not sure how we are going to be able to afford Bailey Rice.

Pick 63 was important for its points value.

We've all been banging on about our desperate need for pace through the middle, well we got some! Geary might finally have a challenger for the time trails! Look forward to the kid burning off opposition players.

Geary wont have a challenger for the time trials

Freeman will give him wind burn

great get for the saints!

Funny how at least three of the top 10 from 2013's draft will be at clubs others than the ones that drafted them in 2016. That's before Josh Kelly goes anywhere, which may or may not happen.

I think Billings and Bontempelli will come up looking pretty good from that draft.

Scharenberg still a little flight risk too. Although it's funny to note that the Pies spent the entire year worrying it would be him that requested a trade...

KK is gonna be a gun for the GC, and Lukey McDonald who is missing from that photo will be a great pickup for the Roos. Ceiling not as high as some of the players around him but will be very consistent imo,

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-20/speedy-magpie-freeman-finally-joins-st-kilda

Speedy Magpie Freeman finally joins St Kilda

Get stuffed with your wording afl

And this:

1. 12.25pm: CARLISLE NEXT?
  2. No more distractions for the Saints now. And no more excuses. It is time to get the Carlisle deal done now before the Bomber wantaway looks at the Hawthorn offer on the table and thinks to himself that he's over the uncertainty and the haggling.

What a load of s**t, making it out like it's our fecking fault Carlisle has been held up. GFY afl.com.au

Freeman was taken with pick No.10 at the 2013 National Draft which means St Kilda now has four of the top 19 players - all midfielders - from that draft (Jack Billings pick No.3, Luke Dunstan pick No.18 and Blake Acres pick No.19).

Reminds me of Barry Brooks, Charlie Gardiner and Mark McGough (with apologies to Jason Gram) and the 2001 super draft.

Scharenberg still a little flight risk too. Although it's funny to note that the Pies spent the entire year worrying it would be him that requested a trade...

KK is gonna be a gun for the GC, and Lukey McDonald who is missing from that photo will be a great pickup for the Roos. Ceiling not as high as some of the players around him but will be very consistent imo,

Berg just signed a 3 yr deal

he's going nowhere unless Sloane wants to come to us

I'm glad its finally done. I found out about a week ago from my grandmother that he is some kind of distant relative of our family. I think my grandfathers cousins family or something- I'm not sure there is even an official name for that kind of tenuous link. Anyway feels pretty good to know there is a very small bit of our DNA running around in Saints colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back