Thunder
Labrador
Morningside
Aspley
Lions
Broadbeach
Suns
Mt Gravatt

I'm going for a bit of a change from the rest of you, except for top and bottom. Great time of year with the season just about underway.

Redlands
Southport
Thunder
Labrador
Morningside
Aspley
Lions
Broadbeach
Suns
Mt Gravatt

I'm going for a bit of a change from the rest of you, except for top and bottom. Great time of year with the season just about underway.

NT - More home games this year and too much depth
Southport - Again have appeared to have topped up nicely - last chance for a premiership for Dare and these senior players.
Suns - Apparently big improvements in 2nd and 3rd year players and Mckenna wanting to rest players less this season?
Morningside - Wealth of young talent aided by some smart senior players arriving. Evans and Lake?
Labrador - only if they go injury free. Still have some very good players and best ruck brigade if Knobel is there
Broady - Despite popular opinion I think they will be in and around the 5. Very postive feedback from weekends game and with 6 or 7 first choice players to come in could surprise. Much more harmonious at the cattery this year.
Aspley - Who knows with this club. I would think if the group starts poorly then Blair will make changes. Could finish anywhere.
Lions - Gut feel is that they won't be as hungry at this level and appear to have lost good fringe players.
Redlands - No Clouston, No Redland. Massive loss.
Mt Gravatt - Just following what everyone else says.

NT - More home games this year and too much depth
Southport - Again have appeared to have topped up nicely - last chance for a premiership for Dare and these senior players.
Suns - Apparently big improvements in 2nd and 3rd year players and Mckenna wanting to rest players less this season?
Morningside - Wealth of young talent aided by some smart senior players arriving. Evans and Lake?
Labrador - only if they go injury free. Still have some very good players and best ruck brigade if Knobel is there
Broady - Despite popular opinion I think they will be in and around the 5. Very postive feedback from weekends game and with 6 or 7 first choice players to come in could surprise. Much more harmonious at the cattery this year.
Aspley - Who knows with this club. I would think if the group starts poorly then Blair will make changes. Could finish anywhere.
Lions - Gut feel is that they won't be as hungry at this level and appear to have lost good fringe players.
Redlands - No Clouston, No Redland. Massive loss.
Mt Gravatt - Just following what everyone else says.

NT have less home games and have to play all four AFL sides with no restrictions...

NT have less home games and have to play all four AFL sides with no restrictions...
Thanks Peanut for clarifying - think they have an extra Darwin game? Playing the AFL sides is fair enough too, considering their budgets and areas to recruit from.
Will keep the selections the same.

My Ladder Predidtion for this year is :

Lions - Very strong again and given the club is in Pre Season grand final may be the start of a good year.
Those suggesting they will drop off are delusional.
Southport - Always up there its been a fair while by their standards for not taking the flag . This maybe the
year. Have kept there list together and have added a few more.
NT - Home games in Darwin and Darren Ewing will ensure they are up there again.

Suns - You never know with them. If they are serious about the NEAFL or not. Will be up thereabouts again.

Redland - Yes they have lost Coulston but they have real character and are always competitive.

Aspley - Its about time they showed their potential. Blair will get that out of them. Have recruited well
and have a quality group of younger players.
Labrador - Have managed to keep most of their better players and will be competitive again.

Morningside - Will struggle this year but have the best group of younger players in the comp.
This will be a building year for them.
Broadbeach - Unfortunately it will another difficult year at the Cattery with a tough draw as well as significant
changes to the playing group from last year with losses like Poyas Eagle Wilson Urie Neagle and
others its a tough ask.
Mt Gravatt - Will struggle this year big time.

My Ladder Predidtion for this year is :

Lions - Very strong again and given the club is in Pre Season grand final may be the start of a good year.
Those suggesting they will drop off are delusional.
Southport - Always up there its been a fair while by their standards for not taking the flag . This maybe the
year. Have kept there list together and have added a few more.
NT - Home games in Darwin and Darren Ewing will ensure they are up there again.

Suns - You never know with them. If they are serious about the NEAFL or not. Will be up thereabouts again.

Redland - Yes they have lost Coulston but they have real character and are always competitive.

Aspley - Its about time they showed their potential. Blair will get that out of them. Have recruited well
and have a quality group of younger players.
Labrador - Have managed to keep most of their better players and will be competitive again.

Morningside - Will struggle this year but have the best group of younger players in the comp.
This will be a building year for them.
Broadbeach - Unfortunately it will another difficult year at the Cattery with a tough draw as well as significant
changes to the playing group from last year with losses like Poyas Eagle Wilson Urie Neagle and
others its a tough ask.
Mt Gravatt - Will struggle this year big time.

Ok, thanks guys for your ladders. Update for you all;FROM 17 TIPSTERS.
THUNDER; 45
SUNS;55
SOUTHPORT;57
REDLANDS;65
LIONS;68
ASPLEY;102
MORNINGSIDE;117
LABRADOR; 123
BROADBEACH; 135
MT GRAVATT; 170

Watched the lions v Redlands game last week. Redlands have always had a decent side and have no drama kicking goals, they just could never defend to save themselves. Well people that has changed dramatically, they kept a decent lions fwd line and midfield to 10 gls and missed a heap themselves..( Pullman )! They ran defensively and they ran long and hard back, they use a core group of players as qtr back footballers. You will see a completely different Redlands team this yr. don't be to concerned with the loss of Clouston, the bloke from stkilda is a big lad who will improve with more game time. Piva Wright doesn't present as a footballer but played both ends of the deck quite well. Reid looks to have put 10 kg of muscle on. A stay at home defender, was in the state squad in the past. Love watching the red head Grewar, bulked up, looks class.

Watched the lions v Redlands game last week. Redlands have always had a decent side and have no drama kicking goals, they just could never defend to save themselves. Well people that has changed dramatically, they kept a decent lions fwd line and midfield to 10 gls and missed a heap themselves..( Pullman )! They ran defensively and they ran long and hard back, they use a core group of players as qtr back footballers. You will see a completely different Redlands team this yr. don't be to concerned with the loss of Clouston, the bloke from stkilda is a big lad who will improve with more game time. Piva Wright doesn't present as a footballer but played both ends of the deck quite well. Reid looks to have put 10 kg of muscle on. A stay at home defender, was in the state squad in the past. Love watching the red head Grewar, bulked up, looks class.

Thanks for the review Dogwarna. Bombers back line is certainly a focus, looks like the coaching and recruiting teams efforts are paying off. Redland kept Broadbeach to 4 points in the second half. Pullman gets plenty of the footy, usually against two defenders. This means a Redland forward is freed up. He kicked 5 last week and set up another couple. Kicked 4.3 today. Two of the points were from tough shots. The exciting thing for the Bombers is that they have the makings of a competitive side from one end of the ground to the other, a strong team culture and a great team of coaches. Providing the Resies players that are striving to play in the ones stay focused to provide depth, the Bombers have the every chance of playing finals.

Yeah heard the Bombers made light work of Broady today after a bit of a tussle in the first half. Sounds like the new recruit Gaertner can play a bit and Pullmans younger brother also impressive. Heard Redland main defensive talls sat the match out bit of a worry for Broady to not score in second half...

Havent heard Labrador or Aspley scores yet can anyone shed any light?

WTF was that all about Damo?? What were the Aspley ppl thinking, specifically Blair?? Were they expecting a tough hit out against a Div 2 side or was it supposed to be a training drill. Waste of time for both sides i would have thought. Initially thought that it might have been your 2's (maybe even the 3rds!) but then i hear that most of the guns played.

WTF was that all about Damo?? What were the Aspley ppl thinking, specifically Blair?? Were they expecting a tough hit out against a Div 2 side or was it supposed to be a training drill. Waste of time for both sides i would have thought. Initially thought that it might have been your 2's (maybe even the 3rds!) but then i hear that most of the guns played.
I went & watched the first 2 qtrs, the only thing Aspley got out of it is a run in the sun. The Div 2 side was playing its first Praccy of the pre season so they where no contest what so ever. Surely this would only give Aspley as false sense of security on how they are performing.

Less than 1 week to go

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/neafl-dream-team-super-coach-2013.979753/

I have joined and I urge a few more QLD ers to get on board. The old supercoach is fun.

As for footy. Redland pretty good yesterday. Cats competitive for a half before limited rotations on a hot day and a big ground (and of course good opposition) saw a disappointing drop off in the last quarter and a half.

I see Aspley and Lab both played lower division teams surely they should have picked up the phone and played each other.

Looking at the suns reserves playing with only 9 listed players saturday, with Campbell Brown and the guy from the SANFL (Sumner?) suspended for the start of the season and a couple more injuries (lonergan and i forgot the other one), Im thinking the suns reserves will be weakened this year.

Fact is with less than 12 listed players the NEAFL clubs (except maybe Mt Gravatt) will win almost every time. At 13-16 listed players the game goes either way and 17-18 listed the AFL teams usually win. The suns ressies also have to play the swans reserves etc, a tough ask if numbers are down.

I originally had them in my top 5 but now I think they will run bottom 3 and possibly last, depending on player numbers. If I am right it obviously opens a spot for another state league team.

Looking at the suns reserves playing with only 9 listed players saturday, with Campbell Brown and the guy from the SANFL (Sumner?) suspended for the start of the season and a couple more injuries (lonergan and i forgot the other one), Im thinking the suns reserves will be weakened this year.

Fact is with less than 12 listed players the NEAFL clubs (except maybe Mt Gravatt) will win almost every time. At 13-16 listed players the game goes either way and 17-18 listed the AFL teams usually win. The suns ressies also have to play the swans reserves etc, a tough ask if numbers are down.

I originally had them in my top 5 but now I think they will run bottom 3 and possibly last, depending on player numbers. If I am right it obviously opens a spot for another state league team.

What a ridiculous statement to suggest that the Suns will finish in the bottom 3 or even last and Broadbeach will finish just outside the Final 5 is ludicrous. Here are some facts.

1. The Suns beat Broadbeach by 5 Goals last week with 8 Listed players and 13 17 & 18 year old delisted Suns Academy players.

2. The Suns at the moment have a large number of injuries but most of them will return sooner or later.

3. I would rather the talent in Suns playing list than most other clubs in the competition

What a ridiculous statement to suggest that the Suns will finish in the bottom 3 or even last and Broadbeach will finish just outside the Final 5 is ludicrous. Here are some facts.

1. The Suns beat Broadbeach by 5 Goals last week with 8 Listed players and 13 17 & 18 year old delisted Suns Academy players.

2. The Suns at the moment have a large number of injuries but most of them will return sooner or later.

3. I would rather the talent in Suns playing list than most other clubs in the competition

We all have opinions Lucky. Just coz Premier's doesn't mirror yours doesn't make it ridiculous.

Personally I don't agree because the talent pool the Suns can draw from ensures they get quality top ups. I reckon its wrong that kids who play NEAFL at other clubs can called up. All clubs suffer from injury or sometimes player unavailability and they need to go to their reserves and under 18's. Suns just call on the best quality kids - many who have already played at the level. Another gifted concession.

Hope your right Premier . Be good to see 5 Qld based Clubs in finals!

My understanding is that the Suns/Lions can only take a kid when they are selected in that NEAFL 2s side (or 18s). If this is the case then probably not a massive deal. More an issue f they had first crack at a kid before their home club.

Fellow posters,
are we interested in doing a NEAFL tipping competition,as we have done over the past 3 seasons.if there are at least 10 of us participating, I dont mind being the guy that collates the tips weekly and reporting the ladder so to speak.... better hurry up , in fact urgent, as round 1 starts on Saturday.Post ur tips.. like tommorow, and if we get enough involved ,I will begin the scoring process..and 3 simple rules are as follows;
1) a winning tip scores 2 points
2) a draw scores 1 point.
3) if you miss tipping for a particular round, you will still get equivalent to a win and a draw,, ie 3 points.
Yes short notice, but if interseted in getting a tipping comp going, record your participation urgently with your round 1 tips.

Fellow posters,
are we interested in doing a NEAFL tipping competition,as we have done over the past 3 seasons.if there are at least 10 of us participating, I dont mind being the guy that collates the tips weekly and reporting the ladder so to speak.... better hurry up , in fact urgent, as round 1 starts on Saturday.Post ur tips.. like tommorow, and if we get enough involved ,I will begin the scoring process..and 3 simple rules are as follows;
1) a winning tip scores 2 points
2) a draw scores 1 point.
3) if you miss tipping for a particular round, you will still get equivalent to a win and a draw,, ie 3 points.
Yes short notice, but if interseted in getting a tipping comp going, record your participation urgently with your round 1 tips.

Thanks Stuyd. Tips in UPPERCASE

Morningside vs. LABRADOR
SOUTHPORT vs. Aspley
NT THUNDER vs. Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt vs. REDLAND

Cheers, Snaws

Tigers
Sharks
Thunder
Redland in what is match of the round!??!!

I'd much rather watch sharks v hornets than Redlands shillack the vultures

Thanks Stuyd. Tips in UPPERCASE

Morningside vs. LABRADOR
SOUTHPORT vs. Aspley
NT THUNDER vs. Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt vs. REDLAND

Cheers, Snaws

My Tips for this week

LABRADOR but no by much a lot of good kids at Morningside
SOUTHPORT by 30pts
NT THUNDER by a big margin over the Cats 10 Goals Plus
REDLAND by 40 pts