NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the game has been moved to adelaide

Why wouldn't you play a NT team and a QLD team in Adelaide? The top SANFL teams pulled out because the prizemoney not high enough-now they can find the dollars to move a game Interstate on short notice.

Expensive flights and hotels at short notice. They can find this money to help the Gabba playing surface but not for the comp when it started to entice the top SANFL teams. Shame.

Why wouldn't you play a NT team and a QLD team in Adelaide? The top SANFL teams pulled out because the prizemoney not high enough-now they can find the dollars to move a game Interstate on short notice.

Expensive flights and hotels at short notice. They can find this money to help the Gabba playing surface but not for the comp when it started to entice the top SANFL teams. Shame.

Totally agree with you Howy.... Why would nt u play the game in QLD??? even play it at Southport if the Gabba was not right for it.. I understand NT would have to travel either way but u wouldnt expect both teams to travel..

Totally agree with you Howy.... Why would nt u play the game in QLD??? even play it at Southport if the Gabba was not right for it.. I understand NT would have to travel either way but u wouldnt expect both teams to travel..
they need to play it somewhere where there is already a Fox Sports Crew set up i would say? as there is a allocated time slot for the game to be televised...

well the gabba trust didn't want the game to go ahead or the lions just didn't want to play in mud

Guarantee if Lions ressies were playing they wouldn't have transferred the game.

Is Morrison going around again?Most over rated player ever to play AFL

they need to play it somewhere where there is already a Fox Sports Crew set up i would say? as there is a allocated time slot for the game to be televised...

I am sure that you are right and this is the reason. Perhaps it costs more to set up for coverage than it does to put Morningside on a plane.

I am sure that you are right and this is the reason. Perhaps it costs more to set up for coverage than it does to put Morningside on a plane.
Morningside have to pay there own way down apparently the Greyhound bus leaves tonight due to the clubs financial restraints....... ;) just kidding

Hello,
A newcomer to what seems to be a forum of former Brownlow Medalists and Coleman Medal winners by the way you all go on about footy prowess. Really some of you people in here really need to have a think about some of your comments on most of your topics you talk about. One question i would ask the majority of you is, first of all have you laced up a boot in your life, have i played the game and did i get a kick.(When i say play the game, i mean at a descent standard. Anyone can play 1st or 2nd division. Most of you will probably say yes to all question but knowing inside you could not get a kick in a stampede, yet you all continue to sit behind your computer screens and go for broke on anyone and everyone.
So my advice to you all is stop making this a bitching forum about how bad players are and how clubs can't play their players etc and embrace this new and upcoming season of the NEAFL where i am sure it will a fabulous season to watch. Thats if you riff raff can not destroy it for everyone!

Hello,
A newcomer to what seems to be a forum of former Brownlow Medalists and Coleman Medal winners by the way you all go on about footy prowess. Really some of you people in here really need to have a think about some of your comments on most of your topics you talk about. One question i would ask the majority of you is, first of all have you laced up a boot in your life, have i played the game and did i get a kick.(When i say play the game, i mean at a descent standard. Anyone can play 1st or 2nd division. Most of you will probably say yes to all question but knowing inside you could not get a kick in a stampede, yet you all continue to sit behind your computer screens and go for broke on anyone and everyone.
So my advice to you all is stop making this a bitching forum about how bad players are and how clubs can't play their players etc and embrace this new and upcoming season of the NEAFL where i am sure it will a fabulous season to watch. Thats if you riff raff can not destroy it for everyone!

Welcome mate. Can see you are just as opinionated as most people on here. You will fit in really well. I havent played top level footy, granted and I am not claiming to be a footy super brain, I do however love my footy and have opinions. And where better to voice these than a neutral footy forum which is designed for exactly that? If people dont agree they will say so, cant see any players or coaches getting upset at our opinions. And then there is always the option to not come on here and have to be subjected to our uninformed opinions.

Welcome mate. Can see you are just as opinionated as most people on here. You will fit in really well. I havent played top level footy, granted and I am not claiming to be a footy super brain, I do however love my footy and have opinions. And where better to voice these than a neutral footy forum which is designed for exactly that? If people dont agree they will say so, cant see any players or coaches getting upset at our opinions. And then there is always the option to not come on here and have to be subjected to our uninformed opinions.
well said its just a bit of fun and mostly toungue in cheek stuff, i know some players and coaches find it reasonbaly amusing. its actually great to see that there are people outh there that have a geniune interest in the QAFL, i personally played 113 QAFL senior games and coached at senior and rep level in QLD and Vic not that it makes my opinion any different or better than others... we all say some silly things on here as long as its not personel attacks bring it on i say...:)

well said its just a bit of fun and mostly toungue in cheek stuff, i know some players and coaches find it reasonbaly amusing. its actually great to see that there are people outh there that have a geniune interest in the QAFL, i personally played 113 QAFL senior games and coached at senior and rep level in QLD and Vic not that it makes my opinion any different or better than others... we all say some silly things on here as long as its not personel attacks bring it on i say...:)

My goodness the tickets that have just blown off you have bloked the sun!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t we need the season to start. No harm in footy forums I reckon and most people on this thread are pretty reasonable in their opinions.

I checked the foxtel guide and the Foxtel Cup game between Morningside and NT is being shown 4pm Sat QLD time on Fox Sports 1 and also being repeated a couple of times during the following few days.

Pretty good exposure for those 2 clubs and obviously Labrador will get similar later on when they play. A great initiative and gives foxtel some more content to show.

I am sure both clubs will appreciate the run before Rd 1 of the NEAFL as well with the wet weather and the club aid short games meaning most clubs have not had the ideal preparation.

Attended the season launch and was a really good day out.Just one thing to Aspley.When you send a substitute captain please tell him not to rock up in thongs,ripped shorts,singlet and hat back to front.Not a good look and every other club that I spoke to just laughed.
Page from Vultures huge loss.This club is going backwards.Will battle it out with Aspley for the wooden spoon

Attended the season launch and was a really good day out.Just one thing to Aspley.When you send a substitute captain please tell him not to rock up in thongs,ripped shorts,singlet and hat back to front.Not a good look and every other club that I spoke to just laughed.
Page from Vultures huge loss.This club is going backwards.Will battle it out with Aspley for the wooden spoon

Totally agree with that Stamiade.... its football not a skate contest down at your local ring..... or bowl...... Reflection time needed.

Page a massive loss... and the headache may begin for lakey.

Back to footy big game tomorrow and from all reports m/side are ready to go will be interesting to see what the thunder do as many of thier players would have played last week in the NTFL GF.

Totally agree with that Stamiade.... its football not a skate contest down at your local ring..... or bowl...... Reflection time needed.

Page a massive loss... and the headache may begin for lakey.

Back to footy big game tomorrow and from all reports m/side are ready to go will be interesting to see what the thunder do as many of thier players would have played last week in the NTFL GF.

The premiership players from Wanderers may still be wandering pub to pub.
Looking forward to seeing Andrew Mcleod playing in front of his home crowd.Hope he pulls more people into the ground earlier than usual.

Also noted, don't be too hard on the young man he is barely out of school and only been in Qld for 15 months - the blame lies with his club officials who should have gone out of their way to give him clear instructions. One would have to reflect on the club's level of professionalism if this situation arises.

Also noted, don't be too hard on the young man he is barely out of school and only been in Qld for 15 months - the blame lies with his club officials who should have gone out of their way to give him clear instructions. One would have to reflect on the club's level of professionalism if this situation arises.

The premiership players from Wanderers may still be wandering pub to pub.
Looking forward to seeing Andrew Mcleod playing in front of his home crowd.Hope he pulls more people into the ground earlier than usual.

the rumour is Thunder are resting 8 players. maybe should load up on panthers to win. is bird taking bets?

Even with NT at full strength Morningside comfortable winners.

Hard to get a read on Mt Gravatt. When I heard they had Scott, Proud, Grose and a couple of others I thought they would challenge. Losing Page, Hill and Head and a couple of others I can't remember, makes me think they probably will not improve on last year, which means others will probably go past them.

I am glad the NEAFL not doing the sub rule thing which I just plain don't like and IMO will be changed at seasons end if not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back