Never Tear Us Apart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The worst thing is half the supporters holding up their scarves have no idea of the 'link' between the song and Port.
Doubt that. The membership numbers jumped up massively as soon as soon as Port was "allowed" to be one club again.
The SANFL was probably hoping that allowing them to rejoin would spell the end for both of them due to our debts but they totally misjudged the feelings associated with the re-merger.

Haha. Stupid bunch of campaigners. :D

Does the crowd "sing" the little a-c-d-a-a-a-a- guitar bit after the chorus ?

I was at the Carlton v Geelong game a couple of weeks back. Carlton played Eminem and it fell flatter than a lead balloon, in fact the whole game had one of the flattest atmospheres of a game I have ever been to.

Did they? That's a bit embarrassing. I wonder if Mitch Robinson had a hand in choosing the playlist if that was the result.

That's great. Not Port Adelaide Power though is it? I'll leave it at that because this will go on perpetually and it's not what this thread is about..

I'll make an inflammatory comment that is obviously wrong on the face of it, but i'll refuse to enter into any discussion regarding it because I have absolutely nothing to back up what i'm saying.

Weak as piss.

So hang on....you heard music before a game started...so now we're copying you and not the infinite amount of other sports teams who play music before they head out.

So you copied every other team too, cool...gee sharp lot down at alberton.

You played it before the opening bounce.

Shame no one gave a s**t, just like at your chant night...

Your. Tears. Are. Delicious.

That's great. Not Port Adelaide Power though is it? I'll leave it at that because this will go on perpetually and it's not what this thread is about..
In 1997 the PAFC moved into the AFL and changed colours, logo and nickname but was still legally simply the "Port Adelaide Football Club" so the same legal entity. In the SANFL the "Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club" was created and then in 2010 the 2 clubs were merged into being simply the "Port Adelaide Football Club".

Well look we beat you last time we played you and I still think its really lame.

The worst thing is half the supporters holding up their scarves have no idea of the 'link' between the song and Port.

It's still better than the Collingwoooood rubbish that the zombie horde chants. Give me this any day over that.

I'll make an inflammatory comment that is obviously wrong on the face of it, but i'll refuse to enter into any discussion regarding it because I have absolutely nothing to back up what i'm saying.

Weak as piss.

Your logic to draw such a c conclusion is weird to say the least. I can only assume you didn't read things properly. Outraged for the sake of being outraged, perhaps?

Yeah! Too farkin right. U tell them and set them straiz.
The Porz Pawa Football Club was created in 1997.

Lots of Blues supporters up and about after last weeks performance! Next spoon not too far off now.

G.McLachlan was on one of the footy shows Monday night talking about Ports pre-game, and said the AFL will work with Vic clubs next year to create a similar experience to bring Vic fans back through the gates. and yes that would include Carlton.

No doubt you'll lap up whatever AFL approved, meaningless crap they come up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast are 10th on that list. You reckon any team bar Collingwood has more supporters, more money or more supporters with money than West Coast? Silly boy.

Last year was probably more accurate

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-19/selling-like-hot-cakes

AFL jumper sales (% up to the end of Q3 2013)

1. Essendon 10.71
2. Hawthorn 10.70
3. West Coast 8.60
4. Carlton 8.09
5. Collingwood 7.62
6. Richmond 7.04
7. Adelaide 6.52
8. Fremantle 6.47
9. Geelong 5.81
10. Sydney 5.43
11. St Kilda 4.75
12. GWS 3.61
13. Port Adelaide 3.51
14. Brisbane 2.89
15. NMFC 2.58
16. Gold Coast 2.27
17. Western Bulldogs 1.99
18. Melbourne 1.40

Like I said, talk about inflated membership...

Lots of Blues supporters up and about after last weeks performance! Next spoon not too far off now.

G.McLachlan was on one of the footy shows Monday night talking about Ports pre-game, and said the AFL will work with Vic clubs next year to create a similar experience to bring Vic fans back through the gates. and yes that would include Carlton.

No doubt you'll lap up whatever AFL approved, meaningless crap they come up with.

Good god I hope they don't. We could well be in for a spoon but I think there might be one or two other clubs in a worse predicament than us and we'll avoid it. The cricket score last Friday was a combination of Port being very good and Carlton well and truly thinking about their September holidays I believe.

Are you hoping for an unlikely Blues win to face the injury plagued Dons at home next week, or you don't care who it is because you'll smack 'em anyway?

Last year was probably more accurate

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-19/selling-like-hot-cakes

AFL jumper sales (% up to the end of Q3 2013)

1. Essendon 10.71
2. Hawthorn 10.70
3. West Coast 8.60
4. Carlton 8.09
5. Collingwood 7.62
6. Richmond 7.04
7. Adelaide 6.52
8. Fremantle 6.47
9. Geelong 5.81
10. Sydney 5.43
11. St Kilda 4.75
12. GWS 3.61
13. Port Adelaide 3.51
14. Brisbane 2.89
15. NMFC 2.58
16. Gold Coast 2.27
17. Western Bulldogs 1.99
18. Melbourne 1.40

Like I said, talk about inflated membership...

At the end of qtr 3 Hawthorn had won the flag. The Hawthorn band wagon has been up and about for quite sometime. Ours has only been recently reignited. Our home crowd averages are 4th highest in the AFL, Hawthorn's are 7th, talk about inflated membership.

At the end of qtr 3 Hawthorn had won the flag. The Hawthorn band wagon has been up and about for quite sometime. Ours has only been recently reignited. Our home crowd averages are 4th highest in the AFL, Hawthorn's are 7th, talk about inflated membership.

Who is first in that statistic...just out of interest?

Saw it for the first time on the telecast for the Blues game. While I thought it was lame I dont really have a problem with it. Obviously the port fans love it and as their home game they are entitled to do what ever they wants... So good on them.
What I didnt like was the telecast in the lead up to the bounce just showing the crowd holding up scarves for a good 20 seconds. I would much prefer to see what matchupos are unfolding, who is starting where ... you know stuff related to footy.

Try and tear us apart and we'll piss on you. :D

Not quite. We were top 4 in 2011 as well. How long does a bandwagon run until it becomes the norm? Why hasn't Geelong jumped to the same level as Hawthorn in recent years?

Hawthorn play 4 games in Tasmania that heavily influence our home crowd attendance. Hawthorn drew 50000 to their home games in Melbourne (4 / 3 against Victorian : non Victorian opposition) and were the only club to draw 70000 plus to 3 home games (with a 4th game as an away game). So no inflation there...

Port on the other hand have several thousand SACA / SANFL members that get included in both SA clubs membership tallies, no?

I genuinely hope Port excel, it was only through abundantly poor governance and shocking marketing that they so heavily rely on AFL handouts to survive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back