New AFL iOS game "COMING SOON"

Remove this Banner Ad

Dobz

Draftee
Mar 11, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
So a post popped up on my Facebook newsfeed saying:

"Although we have been quiet for a while now, we have been working hard towards having an AFL game ready for iOS release. COMING SOON"

Interested to see if it's changed much to the last one. Will buy it for the updated lists, guernseys, sponsors and stadiums.

What would YOU like to see in this upcoming iOS title?

So a post popped up on my Facebook newsfeed saying:

"Although we have been quiet for a while now, we have been working hard towards having an AFL game ready for iOS release. COMING SOON"

Interested to see if it's changed much to the last one. Will buy it for the updated lists, guernseys, sponsors and stadiums.

What would YOU like to see in this upcoming iOS title?
Where was this post? Who is "we"?

off Facebook:
Some big things today!
First up, to warm you up to the launch of the new AFL game coming to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, we are running a promotion with AFL Gold Edition, which will be available at the discounted price of $2.49 AUD, down from $9.99!!!
Second, the official announcement of the AFL Live 2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch release date! AFL Live 2 will be available online from the 28th of May!
AFL Live 2 is packed with great new features, including the highly requested online multiplayer, and the use of the 'Mad Catz' controller so you can enjoy a real console experience.
11180301_469097343241252_2510098778826226448_n.jpg

11143357_469097406574579_3799867335297802939_n.jpg

22222_469097413241245_4119826976030659171_n.jpg

11143140_469097176574602_4495994806393186529_n.jpg

This is possibly good news after all. It looks like the are porting AFL Live 2 to Apple products, not laying a foundation for a new AFL Live 3. So the question of what / who / when for a new AFL console game remains up in the air and faint hope remains.

This is possibly good news after all. It looks like the are porting AFL Live 2 to Apple products, not laying a foundation for a new AFL Live 3. So the question of what / who / when for a new AFL console game remains up in the air and faint hope remains.
in the images I noticed 2015 jumpers and 2015 umpire uniforms. So it will be really good to play it, looks alright

So basically this is AFL Live 1 with multiplayer, controller support and a 2 in the title. Ladies and Gentleman, TruBlu ShitHouse Entertainment would like to introduce you to the new PS4 and Xbox One AFL Game coming soon - Built for your mobile, ported to your Next Gen console.

Can we just piss all this crap off and get someone to just remake a modernised version of the Nintendo Aussie Rules games. TruBlu killed any chance we had of progressing to a great AFL game, BigAnt called their bullshit and walked away.

Screw flicking kicks on an ipad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt get to install it, no space on the phone :( i could imagine the controls would be a bit iffy, like they were with the original. But yeah, its good to see they've done something at least. Hopefully now they can concentrate on an AFL Live 3 (if bigant arent getting it)

This pocket game is fantastic on iOS. Perfect for AFL fans. Just a great pocket rework of an ordinary console game with lots of cool updates.

It's not quite up to the high standard of game play that AFL Live 1 has. AFL live 1 had some very well developed game play that just felt more like the real thing, but this is still very impressive.

Positives

- Very good graphics, smooth and the atmosphere and sound is a high quality.
- Commentary is much better. Better than AFL Live 1 & 2 console versions. It gets a tick.
- The career and team modes are rather impressive.

Only issues.

- Lags at certain times of the play, but would run smoother on later models. Still that's a small issue.
- The game play isn't as good as AFL Live 1 but improves on AFL Live 2 console version.
- Hard to kick goals on the run at any angle to the goals. Something that AFL Live 1 was good at. (Frustrating flaw in the game play). Big Ant really aced the development science of decent game play.
- Wicked Witch have improved the game play.

conclusion:

This is very cool to play and own, very nice game.

Last edited:
Downloaded this out of pure curiosity. Gameplay pretty smooth but there are so many touch buttons to contend with might get used to it in time. Cant really direct ruck taps, kicks are better on the run with a target button. Suprisingly ai is so much better on ios than console. They dont kick goals from set shots 100% of the time. Defenders stick to their man and players spread when in Possesion.

When trying to move players in list management its almost impossible to switch tabs because the buttons are so small (iphone).

Can someone please explain to me how kicking for goals on the run works? am I meant to hold down the kick button, get the right power and flick left on the screen towards the "goal kick" option? I do that and they boot it backwards :( ive got set shots all good, but kicking on the run I just cant grasp

I hate the fact that you can kick a goal from a mark by simply holding the kick button down and letting go. What absolute crap, seriously WW add some difficulty to kicking a goal! Bring in the NES goal kicking method or even a NBA2K15 Free throw type system which uses the % chance of the player to adjust the speed of the slider and accuracy needed to the perfect spot. Where is the fun in the current method?

why are they making this for ios when android severely outnumbers it? they even have a device with a built in controller, and that android home console. stupid move as always.

For amazing gameplay, go to JB and grab this controller:
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/phones/Ph...or-iphone-5-5s-and-ipod-touch-5th-gen/468774/

Seriously, I bought the controller and the game at the same time and it is actually $30 well spent. I know how crap the console version of the game was but this gave AFL Live 2 some respect as we watch the development of AFL Live 3. The controls & gameplay are smooth, the ios version is better than the console version (when comparing a full-blown console to a small smartphone).

I hate the fact that you can kick a goal from a mark by simply holding the kick button down and letting go. What absolute crap, seriously WW add some difficulty to kicking a goal! Bring in the NES goal kicking method or even a NBA2K15 Free throw type system which uses the % chance of the player to adjust the speed of the slider and accuracy needed to the perfect spot. Where is the fun in the current method?
I like the way AFL Live 1 did the set shot system. I see the IOS version of AFL Live 2 did a similar thing and I think it works well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back