New AFL Video Game - Wii - Q&A Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

just wanted to thank Wicked Witch Software for the game

AFL games are so difficult to construct and i think they have done a fantastic job. not a fan of the mini games but i love the option to turn it off. love being able to play TAC, national champs, VFL, and AFL. love the minigames, love the unlockables and the actual 'manager' style mode

i was wondering if there were plans to continue making AFL games for the future? and if so i have a few points to raise and questions to ask

1. i think most players at all levels can kick 50 m without a torpedo so i was wondering if (without editing teams) for the future to improve players abilities to kick 50 m in all leagues rather then just players like swan, judd, ablett...etc

2. i think the only problem i have is with the graphics, i have trouble distinguishing when trying to size up a teammate who is on my team if either side is wearing similar colours. so im forced to change at least one side to a distinct clash strip which is ok, but i would prefer a clearer view to be sure of who im kicking it to. ( i think maybe for the future, if the graphics could be improved, or at least sharper, that would be enough to make this whole game better)

3. i really enjoyed the ps3/xbox style of goal kicking, it just gives it a bit more of a challenge when there is little to no wind. thought it was a great idea and could be converted onto the wii for the future

4. rucktaps, if there was a way of only the ruckman contesting the taps that would be ideal, but i understand its such a difficult game to construct

overall, i just enjoy being able to have an up to date AFL game that plays pretty well, i can have so many different options, and i can play a running, or a kick to kick style of play. thanks very much Wicked Witch

AFL games are so difficult to construct and i think they have done a fantastic job. not a fan of the mini games but i love the option to turn it off. love being able to play TAC, national champs, VFL, and AFL. love the minigames, love the unlockables and the actual 'manager' style mode
No comprehende.:confused:
i was wondering if there were plans to continue making AFL games for the future? and if so i have a few points to raise and questions to ask
This is actually a BIG question now. Considering the new Nintendo console set to come out.

It'll sort of make developing another Wii title a bit redundant. So one looks like it will have to make way, and no disrespect at all to Wicked Witch, but it's likely the one that is on the HD consoles and not the one that isn't that is likely to continue.

Maybe an amalgamated effort will be called for, because it's obvious both devs have the passion for the AFL titles and both have plenty of upside and positives in their own titles. It'd be cool to see both come together to work on the one title, the possibilities are endless as to how good the AFL title could become.

Got it yesterday, and TBH honest i found it very enjoyable yet frustrating game to play.

Things could be tweaked like kicking and marking..........and the graphics, but overall it's a superb first up effort, well done WW:thumbsu:

Two more great reviews for AFL on the Wii. Check them out

palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/18988/afl-review/ and

www.impulsegamer.com/wiiafl.html .

Impulsive gamer has reviewed both AFL and AFL Live so it might give you a good comparison.

Not sure it's a good comparison - we have sound at 5.5 and you got 7.0 - they are from the same source sound files :p

To be fair, with the constant comparisions between the two on this forum and the implications being drawn, I have to say that I am not sure whether many of the review scores are relative to AFL Live or to other Wii games in general.

I would expect the score of AFL Live to be lower given the depth and breadth of quality titles available on the PS3/Xbox360 and the relative lack of them on the Wii.

Hi everyone,

Again I would just like to thank everyone for their support.

Zivind, yes we should look at the kicking distance in future and we agree that distinguishing teammates can be difficult. There is a dot above teammates heads in the distance and the colour of the dot matches the kicking distance so you can match your kick power but we tried to make sure that teams had as many alternative jumpers as possible so that it was easier to distinguish as well. With our rucktaps we always had the main ruckman take the taps if he was 50 meters away. If you have run him out of position then it would be too far for him to run to the contest. When this happens, the next tallest person near the contest takes the tap. At times, this hasn't worked as well as we had hoped and it seems the general consensus is that people would rather their ruckman run 150m to make the tap so we will look at this in future.

Kangle, we tried to make trading work as close as possible to real life. There is the salary cap and you can do 3-way trades and trade draft picks as well as players. Since trade week only happens at the end of the year once you continue on from this screen you cannot go back and then go into the draft. We only have the National Draft so we are sorry that there is no Pre-season or Rookie Draft. When trading for players, they stay on their current contract or if it was expiring it continues on for another year. We understand that this is not completely realistic but it also ensures that compiling a good team list is still a challenge. This also means that players you trade to other clubs have to fit under their salary cap as well. The draft is made of generic players (who knows which U18 players will get drafted in future) and some AFL players that may get delisted in your career mode. If we were able to secure the licence for official TAC Cup player names (or any other U18 leagues from other states) then you would have seen these players in the draft however the generic names used from the TAC Cup and VFL will fill your draft prospects.

HBK619 you are probably on the money which is why we were keen to give it our best, and most likely only, shot at making the best AFL game to date. No doubt the next AFL Live game from BigAnt will surpass both these current titles.

Hopefully for those of you that haven't purchased either of the current AFL games these recent reviews will encourage you to take that next step because good games sales for Tru Blu Entertainment mean that they can invest more into the next AFL Live game.

Kangle, we tried to make trading work as close as possible to real life. There is the salary cap and you can do 3-way trades and trade draft picks as well as players. Since trade week only happens at the end of the year once you continue on from this screen you cannot go back and then go into the draft. We only have the National Draft so we are sorry that there is no Pre-season or Rookie Draft. When trading for players, they stay on their current contract or if it was expiring it continues on for another year. We understand that this is not completely realistic but it also ensures that compiling a good team list is still a challenge. This also means that players you trade to other clubs have to fit under their salary cap as well. The draft is made of generic players (who knows which U18 players will get drafted in future) and some AFL players that may get delisted in your career mode. If we were able to secure the licence for official TAC Cup player names (or any other U18 leagues from other states) then you would have seen these players in the draft however the generic names used from the TAC Cup and VFL will fill your draft prospects.

Thanks for answering my question, sounds good.

Hi everyone,

Again I would just like to thank everyone for their support.

Zivind, yes we should look at the kicking distance in future and we agree that distinguishing teammates can be difficult. There is a dot above teammates heads in the distance and the colour of the dot matches the kicking distance so you can match your kick power but we tried to make sure that teams had as many alternative jumpers as possible so that it was easier to distinguish as well. With our rucktaps we always had the main ruckman take the taps if he was 50 meters away. If you have run him out of position then it would be too far for him to run to the contest. When this happens, the next tallest person near the contest takes the tap. At times, this hasn't worked as well as we had hoped and it seems the general consensus is that people would rather their ruckman run 150m to make the tap so we will look at this in future.

HBK619 you are probably on the money which is why we were keen to give it our best, and most likely only, shot at making the best AFL game to date. No doubt the next AFL Live game from BigAnt will surpass both these current titles.

Hopefully for those of you that haven't purchased either of the current AFL games these recent reviews will encourage you to take that next step because good games sales for Tru Blu Entertainment mean that they can invest more into the next AFL Live game.

Just wondering if there will be no AFL for wii sequel would WW be interested in reedeeming themselves on the psp or NGP?

Not sure it's a good comparison - we have sound at 5.5 and you got 7.0 - they are from the same source sound files :p

To be fair, with the constant comparisions between the two on this forum and the implications being drawn, I have to say that I am not sure whether many of the review scores are relative to AFL Live or to other Wii games in general.

I would expect the score of AFL Live to be lower given the depth and breadth of quality titles available on the PS3/Xbox360 and the relative lack of them on the Wii.

Relative to AFL Live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is the seller under any obligation to sell/post at that price? they are all sold now anyway so will soon find out i suppose

is the seller under any obligation to sell/post at that price? they are all sold now anyway so will soon find out i suppose

No, plenty of people sell stuff for 50c opening bids and if it doesnt get enough money, never post it and never reply to emails. This looks like a genuine stuff up though.

Technically no, but since they seem to be a power seller it is in their best interest to follow through on sales to keep their feedback positive.

Should be interesting to see what happens though

Oh well:

Hi there, Unfortunately someone has hacked into our ebay account and changed the pricing of this item to $3. Im terribly sorry about this but we will have to cancel the transaction and refund your money. I do apologise for this and hope you understand these circumstances. Any questions please ask. Cheers

- games_kart

Technically no, but since they seem to be a power seller it is in their best interest to follow through on sales to keep their feedback positive.

Should be interesting to see what happens though

Under Australian contract and trade practices law there is an obligation to sell.

There was an offer made to the world, consideration provided by the purchaser by way of time and effort in bidding, then the acceptance of the consideration (the bid) by the seller (albeit electronically, it is still acceptance), so it's a simple case of offer and acceptance forming a contract.

I can see that one way out would be for them to claim that they were hacked and therefore did not accept the offered consideration.

thanks for that, when i meant minigames, i was referring to the in match minigames (marks, ruck contests) that i wasnt a fan of (but i turned them off, so im happy), but i enjoyed the actual mini games like the handball challenge and marking contests.

changing the teams into clash jumpers doesnt bother me so i can distinguish them better, but being a carlton supporter i dislike the light blue clash strip, so i avoid it as much as possible :)

ive gotta say i love the achievements and unlockables, gives another fantastic element to the game, and makes me wanna play the lower leagues moreso then i already do. Cheers WW, a really fun game

Pros:

+Authentic voiceovers that can be hilariously robotic and vague

Cons:

-Authentic voiceovers that can be hilariously robotic and vague

Can something really be good and bad at the same time? Andrew Brown thinks so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back