New draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's Carlton?

Well from a port perspective we delisted 9; preseason pick up of Carr and elevation of Salter = 7 national draft picks.

Im happy to continue. We've gotten this far.

I think the majority, ie bar one or two, are still selecting.

But Im also happy to keep the draft in its current format.

Who's Carlton?

Well from a port perspective we delisted 9; preseason pick up of Carr and elevation of Salter = 7 national draft picks.

Im happy to continue. We've gotten this far.

I think the majority, ie bar one or two, are still selecting.

But Im also happy to keep the draft in its current format.

Are you sure they are all draft picks?

Carlton is me and I am here ready for the pick.
Just wanted to know if we are going another round because it will influence who I select.
What's the consensus?

North have 5 draft picks, then 5 or 6 rookie picks. 3 people have already dropped out of this mock draft anyway, so we may as well only keep it to only 5 rounds.

OK well I'll take my pick now on the assumption that we aren't going through another round after this one.

I'm going to pick a recycled player with this pick. I am dead keen on Carlton selecting him when the real thing comes around but I'll take him here in this draft just to throw his name out there. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Carltin use a later pick on him, more likely 88 than 69, but as I said, I'll take him here just to do something a little different.

Selection number 69 - Carlton: Jason Davenport

Was delisted by the Cats after 1 year on the senior list, following elevation from the rookie list before the 2008 season. Has shown that he is far too good for VFL and was never given opportunities at Geelong, because of the quality of their side.

Jason is a bit older at around 23 years of age, but he will be able to play senior AFL football from round 1 and make an impact. He's fast, can find the ball, and loves to kick a goal. He'd go damn close to slotting straight in to the Carlton senior side on a half forward flank/forward pocket, who can push into the midfield.

As I said, in the real draft is more likely to be taken at 88 IMO, and if we were going another round I would select him there, because I don't think anyone else would take him before then, but I thought I'd just throw a different name up into contention.

A draft result of Hurley, Rockliff and Davenport (and a few other kids with our other picks that we won't cover in this draft game), would see me with a wide smile on my face for a long time.

With Pick 70 Port Adelaide selects Casey Sibosado.

With Davenport out of the picture, other players considered at this pick included Danny Meyer and Tom Hislop.

Coming into the last half of the draft - it is worthwhile to take a punt on players with question marks.

It could be argued that this is a speculative pick but at pick 70 - the cost of failure is minimised.

It could be argued also that Port should be jumping for joy.

If the draft were to end now Port Adelaide stands to be quite satisfied with its work.

This game is gradually losing it and this is going to be the last round! Thankyou everyone so much for playing all of you guys have been really alert and it has made my job easy,
thanx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Select Tom Allwright

Tom Allwright was one of the better players for Tassie at the U18 Champs and is a hard running midfielder/Half back. Gave tassie a lot of good drive off half back and gave good delivery to the forwards

I assume that Richmond will Pass again.

Pick 73 - Brad Mangan

An underage kid (185 cm, 80 kg) that came in to the Bushrangers side mid season and held his spot to play in the Bushrangers premiership side on a HFF. He has good pace, is very good inside, has solid disposal, can take a grab and gives every impression of being a future midfielder.

Pick 76 - Adelaide Crows - Chris Hall

With their final pick in the draft the Crows select the young Midfielder/Small Forward.
Looks to have excellent pace, goal scoring ability and ball winning ability and disposal shouldn't be an issue
Is very slight, so will probably need to be locked in a gym for the next year or so before he is up to AFL level
We have gone tall with 3 of our picks, and picked a player with excellent disposal, but not great pace, so this pick should round out the draft nicely
Very happy to see him still available at 76, as I probably rank him around my top 40

If the draft pans out this way on the 29th, I would be extremely happy with how the recruitment team have performed
We have gained a Quality Tall Backman in Phil Davis, a big strong, goal scoring Key Forward in Mitch Brown, a player with plenty of strings in his bow as either a Key Backman, or a Key forward or even a Ruckman in Jackson Trengove, a midfielder/small backman with polish and excellent disposal in Rhys O'Keefe and a midfielder/small forward with excellent pace and goal scoring ability in Chris Hall.
I have tried to fill the gaps in the team that I see we have and the players I have chosen are all excellent prospects and should all play a part in our next charge at a Premiership.

With a forward line of Porplyzia, Tippett, Walker, Brown, Trengove, Vince, Douglas, Sellar, Jacky
a Midfield of Thompson, VanBerlo, Reilly, Dangerfield, Otten, O'Keefe, Hall, Mackay
a Backline of Rutten, Bock, Davis, Johncock, Symes, Petrenko, Knights, Kite
and a Ruckline of Maric, Moran and Griffin
We have enough potential in that group to take us a long way in the future.

Pick 78- Bart Mculloch

Sydney grab an athletic ruckmen. I thought someone would of taken him by now but obviously not. The swans draft is now complete and they have 2 lively mids/forwards, a tall forward, a backman/forward player and a ruckmen. Im very happy with this draft but i realise it cant happen as we only have 3 spots left on our list!

guys there ae 2 coaches needed for an established management game :TOTAL FOOTY MANAGER: http://www.topbb.com/totalfootymanag/

we have been running since october last year, and has a very successful season in 2008. we have just started our main trade period prior to 2009 which will run for over a month, and we need 2 coaches for this very good game.

check out the site, and sign up.

Pick 80 Western Bulldogs LUKE STANTON (Northern Knights)
Pick 81 Geelong TAYLOR HUNT (Sandringham Dragons)
Pick 82 Hawthorn TAYLOR GILCHRIST (Sandringham Dragons)

I just had to complete what we started. Well done to all.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back