Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Check out the monstrosity that BLK is wheeling out as Adelaide's new clash strip...

B1yyacqIAAI6gLE.jpg

Thank goodness the Suns kept 2XU's clash design
I can see why people don't like it, but I think it looks good.

am i missing something? i mean i know crows have talons or whatever but since when are they known for clawing? haha

they should have done something related to their 25th anniversary for the clash.

6hRhWOB.png

Richmond's new clash jumper. I remember reading in I think this topic that 2XUs initial clash design that was predominately yellow was turned down by the AFL. Should get approved now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6hRhWOB.png

Richmond's new clash jumper. I remember reading in I think this topic that 2XUs initial clash design that was predominately yellow was turned down by the AFL. Should get approved now.
Don't count on it the big Melbourne clubs seem to have different rules to the rest of us, for example
[URL='http://shop.afl.com.au/essendon-bombers-2013-mens-clash-guernsey-15543.phtml'] [URL='http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-geelong-guernseys-and-apparel-new-premiership-guernsey-to-be-worn-in-round-23.1040880/'] [URL='http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/collingwood-jersey-design-thread.1021426/page-2'] [/URL][/URL][/URL]

What's wrong with the Geelong and Collingwood ones?

A clash jumper is supposed to be predominately white (Geelong, Richmond and Essendons arent, and Collingwoods (White with black stripes IS there traditional jumper, they moved (or stole Ports) to the new design of Black with white striped in the 2000's

[URL='http://shop.afl.com.au/brisbane-lions-2014-kids-official-clash-guernsey-37782.phtml'] [URL='http://www.mcgsuperstore.com.au/Product/59604/2014-carlton-youth-clash-guernsey?tagstring=afl&team=carlton'] [URL='http://shop.afl.com.au/fremantle-dockers-2014-mens-official-clash-guernsey-36194.phtml']

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

A clash jumper is supposed to be predominately white (Geelong, Richmond and Essendons arent, and Collingwoods (White with black stripes IS there traditional jumper, they moved (or stole Ports) to the new design of Black with white striped in the 2000's

The idea of a clash jumper is to avoid a clash with the opposition team. If a team, let's say Geelong, has their home Guernsey as a white base, then they need to avoid a clash with other white based teams (ie North Melborne). So how do you avoid a white base? Make a dark base.

Clash jumpers don't necessarily have to be white. Just look at Geelong and North Melbourne. Both have a white based home Guernsey and a darker coloured clash.

Also, all you've said about Collingwood is that they don't have a traditional jumper.

The idea of a clash jumper is to avoid a clash with the opposition team. If a team, let's say Geelong, has their home Guernsey as a white base, then they need to avoid a clash with other white based teams (ie North Melborne). So how do you avoid a white base? Make a dark base.

Clash jumpers don't necessarily have to be white. Just look at Geelong and North Melbourne. Both have a white based home Guernsey and a darker coloured clash.

Also, all you've said about Collingwood is that they don't have a traditional jumper.

What, I am missing your point, I said "Collingwoods (White with black stripes IS there traditional jumper, they moved (or stole Ports) to the new design of Black with white striped in the 2000's" I think that quite clearly says they do have a traditional jumper.

The point I was trying to make is that just because Richmond has been granted the right to have a mainly yellow strip doesn't mean we will, my reasoning for this is the Suns mainly gold clash was knocked back in 2012 because the AFL decreed it must be predominately white, this appears to be the case with many of the smaller / newer clubs, even Sydney had to remove the red back from there clash strip ( a predominately white strip as per your argument) . It would appear (to me at least) the AFL want a NBA type system (Home white / away coloured)

What, I am missing your point, I said "Collingwoods (White with black stripes IS there traditional jumper, they moved (or stole Ports) to the new design of Black with white striped in the 2000's" I think that quite clearly says they do have a traditional jumper.
I didnt have a point here. I was confused by your reply saying that its traditional. I didnt understand how its meant to be a different ruling on clash jumpers.
The point I was trying to make is that just because Richmond has been granted the right to have a mainly yellow strip doesn't mean we will, my reasoning for this is the Suns mainly gold clash was knocked back in 2012 because the AFL decreed it must be predominantly white, this appears to be the case with many of the smaller / newer clubs, even Sydney had to remove the red back from there clash strip ( a predominately white strip as per your argument) . It would appear (to me at least) the AFL want a NBA type system (Home white / away coloured)
Sydney never had a red back on their clash. Their home is a red back and a red yoke on the front, but the clash is a white body with a red Sydney style V.

I cant understand the AFL's reasoning as they seem to have different rulings for all clubs, not just Victorians. They tell GWS that they have to wear a clash jumper when away against Adelaide, but the reverse doesnt happen when in Sydney. Richmond and Essendon were pulling the contract card on the AFL in their situations. Essendon's constitution clearly says that all Bombers guernseys will have a Red sash on a Black body, and this cannot change.

It would appear (to me at least) the AFL want a NBA type system (Home white / away coloured)
This doesn't make a lot of sense considering there are only two clubs that have a white base at home and coloured clash. They also have not pressured these two clubs into reversing their home and clashes so you cant argue that they want a coloured home/white away. They dont give a crap as long as the clubs don't clash on TV.

I didnt have a point here. I was confused by your reply saying that its traditional. I didnt understand how its meant to be a different ruling on clash jumpers.

Sydney never had a red back on their clash. Their home is a red back and a red yoke on the front, but the clash is a white body with a red Sydney style V.

I cant understand the AFL's reasoning as they seem to have different rulings for all clubs, not just Victorians. They tell GWS that they have to wear a clash jumper when away against Adelaide, but the reverse doesnt happen when in Sydney. Richmond and Essendon were pulling the contract card on the AFL in their situations. Essendon's constitution clearly says that all Bombers guernseys will have a Red sash on a Black body, and this cannot change.

This doesn't make a lot of sense considering there are only two clubs that have a white base at home and coloured clash. They also have not pressured these two clubs into reversing their home and clashes so you cant argue that they want a coloured home/white away. They don't give a crap as long as the clubs don't clash on TV.

re Sydney clash, I wasn't clear, I meant that the Clash had the white back (to make the strip predominately white) as opposed to the home strip.

re the NBA example, I didn't explain myself well, am trying to say it appears (to Me) that the AFL would like all sides to have an AWAY prominently white strip if a clash occurs, I likened this to the NBA as they have white HOME uniforms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back