Opinion New jumper numbers available for 2015: 4,17,20,32,35,37,44

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently jumper numbers 4,17,20,32,35,37 and 44 are available. Going by the clubs recent trend a few of the younger players might get a lower number for next season like Hartung, Howe and Miles. I hope Zac Webster changes numbers and the club burns the 36 Guernsey! :p

IN:

Jack Fitzpatrick
Connor Glass (International Rookie)

OUT:
Brian Lake (Retired)
David Hale (Retired)
Matthew Suckling (Free Agency)
Jed Anderson (Traded)
Jonathan Simpkin (Delisted)
Sam Grimley (Delisted)
Jarrod Hardisty (Delisted)

Last edited:

Currently jumper numbers 4,17,20,35 and 44 are available. Going by the clubs recent trend a few of the younger players might get a lower number for next season like Hartung, Howe and Miles. I hope Zac Webster changes numbers and the club burns the 36 Guernsey! :p

No 1 is also available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can not burn 36. We know where the curse is! If we burn the jumper and the curse moves to another jumper it could take a while to find it again or god forbid it finds a new home in the number 23. Some curses can not be broken.;)

Last edited:
Currently jumper numbers 4,17,20,35 and 44 are available. Going by the clubs recent trend a few of the younger players might get a lower number for next season like Hartung, Howe and Miles. I hope Zac Webster changes numbers and the club burns the 36 Guernsey! :p

No.1 given to Jake Carlisle to replace Hawka who is overrated and a list clogger.

Really wish we didn't give the 23 to O'Brien. Should have just retired it or give it to a worthy player ala 7 at St Kilda (Lenny Hayes). Hopefully we give the number 5 to someone worthy when Mitchell retires. Very historic number at the club.

I'm glad we did. The departure of Buddy was the departure of the individual. Symbolic...

Really wish we didn't give the 23 to O'Brien. Should have just retired it or give it to a worthy player ala 7 at St Kilda (Lenny Hayes). Hopefully we give the number 5 to someone worthy when Mitchell retires. Very historic number at the club.
The club doesn't pick the number 5 the crimmins family does.

Bring back number 1. * the fans. Stupid idea anyway. Yet to see a Hawk fan wearing 1 at a game, except for a dude that wore one up here in Maroochydore one year with Salmon's sig on the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back