New roles for Lloyd, Mackie and Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously Lyoyd had to be looked at… after that season. Grigg out and Mackie moved… at least they’re on the front foot despite untouchable Scott not being able to be touched just yet. Hmmm … S. Hocking would need to be looked at if pre season is not excellent!
Have you read Joel's book?
Amongst other things there are some valuable insights into Chris and how he goes about his role.
Paints a fantastic picture of his intellect , style and smarts - he's the right man for us ;)

I just hate the corporatespeak and weasel words in these press releases these days.
Eyes start to glaze over reading some of this stuff…

It's not just him either. It's gotten to the point there really is no point tuning in to anything any of them say. Like you say it's all corporate weasel words.

Lappin to head Cats' development after off-season shuffle - Lappin to head Cats' development after off-season shuffle

We seem to take a different approach to other clubs when it comes to football staff. We like to give them plenty of opportunity and are open minded when it comes to shuffling things around and changing up roles without it being a negative. It like we create 'geelong people'
A place where there's actually potential to work at the same club in some capacity until retirement if you fit in well, like normal jobs. Has to be a big part of what makes geelong known for its culture, not just playing culture but whole of club. Still no real danger of hearing the same old voices because in football there's still always some movement but without a revolving door. But also giving former staff the opportunity to come home where they belong once they do a bit of development elsewhere. Nobodys ever sacked, when they depart it's always amicably.

I just hate the corporatespeak and weasel words in these press releases these days.
Eyes start to glaze over reading some of this stuff…
I am struggling to see the issue with what they released here back in September.

We were informed of role changes for 3 members of the football department. Including a significant promotion for Mackie.

I think its a good restructure. Obree seemed to be great with the people/character side of things but poor tactically on game day so getting him out of a direct football role and into recruiting is a good fit. And we needed an extra recruiter given wells age and mackie moving out of there.

Lappin is very experienced at development and king and rahilly bring good recent experience as line coaches at other clubs.

Meanwhile, there is likely to be more changes off-field at Geelong following Andrew Mackie's ascension to GM of football.

While Mackie is currently fulfilling both the footy boss and list manager role, it's understood the Cats have more shuffling to do behind the scenes in the coming months.

I am struggling to see the issue with what they released here back in September.

We were informed of role changes for 3 members of the football department. Including a significant promotion for Mackie.
No issues really with what has occurred, just how sporting officials in general have picked up and run with dreary corporate jargon.
”how to say less with more”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back