New Social Media and Internet Culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Amiss so much negativity everywhere, I would like each and every person who wants to instigate a supportive and successful culture for the Western Bulldogs to from this day forward make an obnoxiously positive comment every time you browse a negative one on the internet. On Facebook pages, Twitter and bigfooty. Fair Cop for proper constructive criticism, but not for rubbish.

Don't respond to some trashcan ******. Simply respond back with a supportive comment for the club you support so passionately. The more positivity the better for our club. It breeds success and rids us of this bullshit 'victim mentality'. Starts from the bottom up.

Be Proud.

GO DOGS

In a nutshell, you're asking us to be like North Melbourne supporters.

Admire your positivity - however I for one will call it as I see it.

It's the right of paid up members to call the club to account.

In a nutshell, you're asking us to be like North Melbourne supporters.

We're quite critical on the North board. We just don't let shit through to the keeper on the main board.

Admire your positivity - however I for one will call it as I see it.

You missed this part of the OP:
Fair Cop for proper constructive criticism, but not for rubbish.

It's the right of paid up members to call the club to account.

Maybe, but it's the duty of all supporters not to cop useless shit slung at their club. Responding with positively instead of sinking to the level of trolls will be a good move IMO.

Good OP. I've thought about something similar for the North board.

Good posts jj. I think it's possible to be both candid and supportive. Make constructively critical comments where appropriate but as UYI says, don't cop any useless shit.

There are also times when it's just best not to continue or encourage a discussion (eg "heard player x was up to some dubious stuff the other night, can't reveal sources but they are very reliable"). This is usually coming from a gossip trying to make a name for themselves. Usually it's just made-up BS, but even if true it serves no useful purpose posting it. The club officials would be onto it anyway and it's best dealt with behind closed doors.

I equally hate the posts that say things like "that's what's wrong with this f***ing club" or "we're a bunch of losers" etc. Sure, criticise the particular transgression or failing but continue to support the player/club.

It's about honesty and respect. Get those right and the rest of it falls into line.

Come to think of it, what ever happened to Ctrain? A bit over the top but loved his positivity. For every Tony Dean we need a Ctrain!

Amiss so much negativity everywhere, I would like each and every person who wants to instigate a supportive and successful culture for the Western Bulldogs to from this day forward make an obnoxiously positive comment every time you browse a negative one on the internet. On Facebook pages, Twitter and bigfooty. Fair Cop for proper constructive criticism, but not for rubbish.

Don't respond to some trashcan ******. Simply respond back with a supportive comment for the club you support so passionately. The more positivity the better for our club. It breeds success and rids us of this bullshit 'victim mentality'. Starts from the bottom up.

Be Proud.

GO DOGS

I understand where you're coming from, jj.

But I think it's very hard to pretend you're someone you're not on the internet. We all respond to d_heads in our own ways. I tend to either ignore them or get extremely nasty. I understand why you might think neither is a good option. But it's not a thought through policy (or have anything to do with my level of pride for the Dogs). It's simply my personality shining through.

Good luck to you with your idea. I genuinely wish you well.

I believe the proper Facebook, Twitter, et al response to the OP is: "Yeah, and let's light some incense and sing Kumbaya , too." At least that's what you young people say, right? :p

I believe the proper Facebook, Twitter, et al response to the OP is: "Yeah, and let's light some incense and sing Kumbaya , too." At least that's what you young people say, right? :p
When trying to quote Lost (AKA the best show ever) I would generally go for, "Great plan, Moonbeam - and after that we can sing Kumbaya and do trust falls!" :cool:

Have a think about my comments, they're not altruistic. It helps present us as a complete winning culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back