Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Like the new subforum- excellent way to set out discussion on individual teams. Have to LOL at soem of the nmes for the forums- at least the NFC East have solid claim to the names "America's Team," "The Gold Standard," "The G-Men" and "Hog Heaven"

How did I manage to get the "hnour" of starting the thread on the falcons. Yech....pass it to Vick<<<<Footy! grin

Good work, GG!

Re: New Subforum- good move!

Yep, I know he took existing threads- no problems there...think separate forum where the teams have their own specific threads is a good idea- like the AFL board has separate team threads for supporters to post and add hreads- well, we're not big enough to have threads- but if I want Eagle discussion, I know exactly where to find it now.

I think it also frees up the main board for more general discussion, which will be a good thing.

At some point in the future I can see the Raiders thread being renamed to Al Davis and the Raiders: "Just Win Baby"

Also can someone explain 'The Buzzsaw'. I've never heard the Cards referred to by this name.

"now with less lolz"?

Also can someone explain 'The Buzzsaw'. I've never heard the Cards referred to by this name.

Why are the Cardinals Called the Buzzsaw?

Buzzsaw Nickname:

The Buzzsaw is an affectionate name given by Deadspin editor Will Leitch, an unabashed Cardinals fan. They are called the Buzzsaw pejoratively, because the Cardinals have won exactly one playoff game in the last 60 years. In short, they are the anti-buzzsaw.

They're also called Big Red, the Cards, and the Birds.
Wizard suggested Desert Swarm...which I will change to if Wizard and other Cards fans prefer that.

They're also called Big Red, the Cards, and the Birds.
Wizard suggested Desert Swarm...which I will change to if Wizard and other Cards fans prefer that.

That name is redundant now that they've done a New Orleans Saints by doubling their total playoff wins in the last couple of years. Though it could be argued the name is even more appropriate now (when expressed conversely in a non-ironic sense).
Good idea for the sub-forum too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back