NCAA 2023- NCAA Off Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

Since there is no off-season thread, I'll put it here. It was reported that the deal for Texas and Oklahoma to go to the SEC in 2024 was not going to happen. Texas, OU, and Big 12 reached an agreement. Apparently Fox and ESPN are holding up any deal from going through.

Since there is no off-season thread, I'll put it here. It was reported that the deal for Texas and Oklahoma to go to the SEC in 2024 was not going to happen. Texas, OU, and Big 12 reached an agreement. Apparently Fox and ESPN are holding up any deal from going through.

I wonder what changed. because last June Texas were refusing to buy out to leave early because they didnt want to spend money.

11603503.jpeg

Some of those surprise me.

The last decade for Boise State has felt pretty s**t. Thought they'd be 1 (Maybe 2) level down.

But on the other perspecitive. I am surprised Texas, Virginia Tech and Florida are that low. Maybe less so Florida, they did have a couple of good seasons in there.

so apparently the hold-up is Fox wanting at least 4 Texas games including home and homes against Michigan and Ohio State. So i can see why ESPN are not willing to give up those games when at least 2 of them would be big early season games they get first pick too.

So rather than paying an exit fee, Both schools will forgo $100m in rights money, with $20m going to Fox the other $80 divided between the 10 remaning Big12 schools.

in 2024 Texas and Oklahoma will not get a full share of the SEC money. The shares they recive will be less than the $40m they would of got staying in the Big12.

OU/OK St will play their final Bedlam game since both schools AD's are on record saying the series will not continue with Oklahoma moving to the SEC

11603503.jpeg

Some of those surprise me.

The last decade for Boise State has felt pretty s**t. Thought they'd be 1 (Maybe 2) level down.

But on the other perspecitive. I am surprised Texas, Virginia Tech and Florida are that low. Maybe less so Florida, they did have a couple of good seasons in there.
Didn’t expect to see the badgers that successful

Sec moving towards 9 game schedule without divisions. Tanja would play 3 regular opponents each year, and rotate the other 6 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reported 3 regular opponents has caused a bit of anger from some supporter bases.
There's no perfect way when you start to get conferences of more than 10 teams to spread the scheduling fairly.

Is it the fan based that are upset they miss or on a big opponent reach year?

I think that in the NC & NC State schedule an OOC game in the years they aren't scheduled to play each other ACC so they maintain their rivalry game.

Is it the fan based that are upset they miss or on a big opponent reach year?

It is that they are being given someone they have no rivalry with instead of a traditional rival. the 3 in the 3-6-6 model is supposed to be for rivalry games. For example, they are talking about giving us Florida, Auburn, and Kentucky when our 3 biggest SEC rivals are Florida, Auburn, and South Carolina. We have no rivalry at all with Kentucky and not getting South Carolina is pissing off both fan bases quite a bit.

It is that they are being given someone they have no rivalry with instead of a traditional rival. the 3 in the 3-6-6 model is supposed to be for rivalry games. For example, they are talking about giving us Florida, Auburn, and Kentucky when our 3 biggest SEC rivals are Florida, Auburn, and South Carolina. We have no rivalry at all with Kentucky and not getting South Carolina is pissing off both fan bases quite a bit.
That is odd indeed.

I'm seeing mixed reactions but more negative than positive. Personally I don't think they will have that much of an impact on the game. The only thing it is going to effect is teams abilities to come back from larger deficits with less playing time.

It could have been much worse. Some of the proposed changes a few months ago caused a lot of outrage.

I'm seeing mixed reactions but more negative than positive. Personally I don't think they will have that much of an impact on the game. The only thing it is going to effect is teams abilities to come back from larger deficits with less playing time.

It could have been much worse. Some of the proposed changes a few months ago caused a lot of outrage.
Didn't think a bit all those 20+ point 2nd half comebacks.... Will be interesting to see what happens.

some game times/networks being announced

Games we wont get. and reminder that Big10 is no longer on ESPN. now Fox, CBS and NBC
Week 1. BigNoon on Fox Colorado @ TCU
Week 1. West Virginia @ Penn State. Big10 on NBC Saturday night
Week 4 Iowa @ Penn State [whiteout game] CBS night game
Week 11 Michigan State @ Ohio State Saturday night NBC
Week 13 Big Noon. Ohio State @ Michigan

Some ESPN Games we will see
Week 1. LSU @ FSU [Sunday night]
Week 2. Texas @ Alabama
Week 6. Oklahoma Vs Texas
Week 10. Notre Dame @ Clemson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back