Rumour Next Gen Rumours & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at it now, seems like it's done and out in the US.

This is the deal:
xboxsubsidzeddeal.jpg

So 24 Months X $14.99US + Initial $99US buy in = $458.76US overall.

Standalone 4GB Console in US is $199.
4GB Console + Kinect is $299.
Standalone 250GB Console in US is $299.

So really, you're getting shafted, not by a massive amount, but still losing out overall. But it's not for the gamer's gamer to be purchasing, being realistic about it.

So you have to buy Live sub to get the xbox? wonder how many people will be thinking "* yeah $99 360" without realising. People shouldnt be buying a 360 or ps3 this late into the gen, if you haven't got at least one of them by now, your probably not too much of a gamer.

......could explain why Kinect is bundled i guess :p

Agree.
If it's a $500+ console for $99 upfront that's a super aggressive marketing competitive edge.
It would give a marketing edge, but they would be leaking money like nobodies business. Unless they moved the monthly fee up to something like $20-$25 for XBL.

If it's a complete new console release with new hardware, etc. then the initial cost for the console is going to be a couple of hundred dollars straight up and they can't really afford to be losing money by that big of a margin instantly.

The only reason they can do it now is because this gen is starting to slow down sales wise, they can push more Kinect's into homes and tie someone in until after the next gen has started which by the time that sub has ended they might think 'well I'll upgrade now'.

Too early for next-gen consoles tbh.

This gen is not like the gens in the past - different SKU's, DLC, HDD upgrades, firmware updates, ect; are all things that have enabled this gen to go on for longer than usual and will do for a while.

Also, anyone who buys a next-gen console at launch is a big idiot. Expensive as hell console with a tiny smidget of games, most of them training runs for the developers. Not to mention the early hardware and software problems consoles face. It makes no sense, no net gain or value whatsoever.

And the next-gen hasn't even been talked about as a prospect yet, let alone announced.

With that, this console gen has a long way to go, and I predict about this point in time of it's life cycle, at least with the PS3's hardware, we will be seeing some of the biggest games to come out in the next couple of years or so. This is where they're really starting to get the hang of it. This is something no one would want to miss, especially at the chips they go for now.

Also, anyone who buys a next-gen console at launch is a big idiot. Expensive as hell console with a tiny smidget of games, most of them training runs for the developers. Not to mention the early hardware and software problems consoles face. It makes no sense, no net gain or value whatsoever.
If Naughty Dog have something at or close to launch of a new console, I'm buying. That's my net gain.:D

Are games going to be backwards compatible on the next xbox?

Recently bought a 360 but I'm thinking twice about buying too many games with the next console only being a year or so away. If the games are going to work on the next console then I'll invest in a fair bit of games.

And also if it is going to be backwards compatible, what's the chances of it playing xbox 1 games as well?

Recently bought a 360 but I'm thinking twice about buying too many games with the next console only being a year or so away. If the games are going to work on the next console then I'll invest in a fair bit of games.

And also if it is going to be backwards compatible, what's the chances of it playing xbox 1 games as well?
Take a guess mate, yours will be as good as the next blokes.

I just want it to be BC with the 360 games as I have heaps of them!

Would be expensive though.

Too early for next-gen consoles tbh.

NFI.

How is it to early when this gen has been one of the longest? Majority of gamers are ready & want new consoles.

NFI.

How is it to early when this gen has been one of the longest? Majority of gamers are ready & want new consoles.

I don't, well not yet anyway. I think the Xbox 360 and especially the PS3 have a good couple of years left, i really don't see the need for a new gen console right now, what we have is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So long as all games are available for digital download/purchase I'll be upgrading. Sick of discs. Even though it will very likely mean we get reamed by location cost factors - aus tax (assuming you can't change your store as easily as you can now)

not likely

The last one was around the $1000 mark. I have over 100 PS3 games and 320g console and about 8 controllers.

Whether I do a trade in or sell privately I will get a fair return.

XBOX World magazine (final issue ever) to feature pics and details about the new XBOX 720..

http://www.techspot.com/news/50843-...d-reveals-details-on-microsofts-xbox-720.html
Final issue of Xbox World reveals details on Microsoft's Xbox 720

Not wanting to disappoint fans, the editor in chief of Xbox World decided to go out with a bang by releasing some new details about Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox 720. And by new details, we mean a full 8-page feature on the gaming console.
http://www.techspot.com/news/50843-...d-reveals-details-on-microsofts-xbox-720.html

2012-11-18-teaser30b.jpg

2012-11-18-image-1.jpg

Style-wise it looks the goods IMO... sort of like a large iPhone.

Scanned a few other articles referencing the above magazine and they noted that... the above design is an informed "mock up" and the final design will be revealed at E3... but the magazine has a credible track record of leaking hardware news.

I expect the final design to be different to what is on that magazine, but if that's what turns out to be the final product, i'll be very happy, looks really good, great design.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back