NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Jackson reported for head high bump against Greensborough, knocked back the auto 2 weeks , after watching on video should get 4 , very careless act and dangerous, specially with the spinal injuries of late. On video 26min to go in the second half.
Sorry, made mistake he did take the 2 weeks , very lucky I believe

Luke Jackson reported for head high bump against Greensborough, knocked back the auto 2 weeks , after watching on video should get 4 , very careless act and dangerous, specially with the spinal injuries of late. On video 26min to go in the second half.

Even though he is a Mont player we shouldn't turn bigfooty into a public trial by video. Just let the NFL tribunal do their job.

Early nomination for recruit of the year: Paul Bower. The kid can play

What about the bump on Ryan Jackson in the first half. It was only given a free kick. Would have been weeks in the AFL

A draw and a couple of big wins were probably wasn't what many expected from the opening round with a couple of teams needing to rebound quickly this week.

Round 2.

Macleod vs Northcote Park The Cougars would have been disappointed from last week and should take the Kangas here.
West Preston vs Lower Plenty. The Roosters surprised a few as did the Bears last week and should keep getting the points.
Montmorency vs Bundoora The Bulls are already being touted as premiership favs and should beat the Maggies easily.
Whittlesea vs Heidelberg A tough start to the season for the Eagles with the Tigers to win here.

Macleod - Usually Match up well, play well in the wet and home ground advantage
Lower Plenty - Inside knowledge and the Bears are up & about
Bundoora - Although Mont should bounce back hard, Bundoora should prevail
Heidelberg - Can't see them dropping this one

I was having a chat with a good friend of mine last weekend when he said to me "this year i think is the most even year in the NFL for quite some time".

I dead set fell over laughing. I honestly think Bundoora could go through undefeated.

Wondering if anyone can help. I have what I think is an old jumper from the northern football league but have no idea what team it would be, as its not a league I follow. It looks like an old style Geelong jumper. The tag has a NFL logo on it which is a green oval with NFL on it in gold. Looks 80s to me. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Wondering if anyone can help. I have what I think is an old jumper from the northern football league but have no idea what team it would be, as its not a league I follow. It looks like an old style Geelong jumper. The tag has a NFL logo on it which is a green oval with NFL on it in gold. Looks 80s to me. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Would not be from the NFL. I am 18 and when I started juniors the league was still the DVFL. Since being changed to the NFL it has only had one logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might find it is a Geelong jumper. Back in the 80's The national body for governing football was called the National Football League. All major leagues including the the VFL came under the NFL. The logo you describe sounds like it may be the old National Football League logo. The green and gold colour being the Australian national sporting colours.

Donnybrook FC wore Geelong jumpers and folded in 1980 I think.
Could also be Paramount FC jumper as well

Looking forward to an enjoyable afternoon up at Central Park and think that the 'Boro will be too slick for the Panthers. Would be a great start for the 'Boro should they win and will have the Panthers feeling a bit jittery going into next week's clash with the Maggies.

Credit where credits due. Well done to all at Eltham FC for the day today at Panther Place. Great day and luckily the weather did the right thing in the end to provide for an excellent crowd.

Credit where credits due. Well done to all at Eltham FC for the day today at Panther Place. Great day and luckily the weather did the right thing in the end to provide for an excellent crowd.
I agree it was a great crowd and good conditions for the main game well done to EFC. I see Heidelberg play Northcote Park at Warringal Park on Friday (Anzac Day) with the main game starting at 1pm should also be a rippa day of local footy.

Justin white from Macleod will be out for up to 8 weeks after being assaulted and sustaining a serious injury to his jaw requiring surgery. This is a huge loss as he is a great player and great bloke. All the best to him in his recovery

Round 3.

Looking forward to a big crowd and an entertaining game this afternoon.

Heidelberg vs Northcote Park The Cougars appear a bit more settled and should take the first ANZAC Day Cup.
West Preston vs Greensborough A toughie with both having started the season well. Giving it to the Roosters, just.
Whittlesea vs Macleod Anticipating a mild upset here with the Eagles to get the points.
Bundoora vs Lower Plenty The Bulls to make the Bears first week win a distant memory.
Montmorency vs Eltham The Maggies to inflict more misery on the Panthers in this rivalry game.

Round 3.

Looking forward to a big crowd and an entertaining game this afternoon.

Heidelberg vs Northcote Park The Cougars appear a bit more settled and should take the first ANZAC Day Cup.

Based on the Mac v NP game last week. Handball from centre clearance to ya 50 and then have a shot at goal. Yeah right. That's why Macleod get found out all the time.

Based on the Mac v NP game last week. Handball from centre clearance to ya 50 and then have a shot at goal. Yeah right. That's why Macleod get found out all the time.
Most random response Boof. Don't quite understand it but nonetheless, who am I to argue with you !

Big tick to all involved in the Anzac Day game at Warringal Park on Friday. Respectful silence from the big crowd during the ode, note perfect Last Post from the bugler (note to AFL - it was LIVE) then the Tigers and Cougars engaged in a four quarter arm wrestle. Heidelberg took the chocolates but in many respects the result was irrelevant - just a great showcase of local football.
Brilliant.

Last edited:
Shocking news for lower with Cam Elmore doing his ACL filling in for a domestic basketball game Tuesday night after training.

Could spell the end for the veteran.

Will lower have enough tall timber down back to cover for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back