NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh we'll maybe I was wrong, how about when he played against Bundoora at boro earlier in the year? Another towelling...deal ridge I think kicked 6

do you even know if riddle played on delbridge that game... or did you just look through the results and see that delbridge kicked 6 and assumed that it was on riddle?

next time you post please provide us with some accurate information. you sound as silly as that bloke who declared mont clear flag favourites a few weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone from Greensborough FC can confirm whether Nick Riddle will play this Saturday? Has supposedly 'qualified' by playing three matches but doesn't feature in best players or goal kickers once. NFL should really look to outlaw this loophole as I'm sure the video will show that he did not play in any of these matches and was just listed on the team sheet.
A quick look on the nfl website shows that his 3 games are listed as in the ones. I find it very hard to believe Greensborough would play you one short in the ones

do you even know if riddle played on delbridge that game... or did you just look through the results and see that delbridge kicked 6 and assumed that it was on riddle?

next time you post please provide us with some accurate information. you sound as silly as that bloke who declared mont clear flag favourites a few weeks ago
Think you will find he started on Moorecroft and then went to Delbridge.....Is that good enough??? And Mont Favourites...PLEASE

Just wondering if anyone from Greensborough FC can confirm whether Nick Riddle will play this Saturday? Has supposedly 'qualified' by playing three matches but doesn't feature in best players or goal kickers once. NFL should really look to outlaw this loophole as I'm sure the video will show that he did not play in any of these matches and was just listed on the team sheet.
A quick look on the nfl website shows that his 3 games are listed as in the ones. I find it very hard to believe Greensborough or any other club for that matter would play one short in the ones if that is what you are suggesting has happened??

Last edited:
Sure, Mont clear favourites was a big call, however, the Comp is that close this season I wouldn't be writing anyone off until the end of the weekend after this. As for Riddle, he's no game breaker (no disrespect).

Big rumours going around that Boro is taking the league to court to try and get Bongetti off on a some sort of technicality. Don't know any details but I don't think taking the league to court is a good idea ever.

The magnificent, mighty, mammoth, mercurial Mont machine will rise. Clearly the best team remaining in the battle for the flag

Get back in your hole JA you have no idea. Stick to watching the VFL on TV on a Saturday arvo with your cup of tea.
Actually Im occupied this weekend, may just do the cuppa tea in the stand and watch Heid v Boro.....May have time to go home and watch the last half of VFL ifthe game is over at HAlf time....I did notice you have been very quiet since the tribunal....

Actually Im occupied this weekend, may just do the cuppa tea in the stand and watch Heid v Boro.....May have time to go home and watch the last half of VFL ifthe game is over at HAlf time....I did notice you have been very quiet since the tribunal....
Make sure you have you CAPS and punctuation sorted next time you post please ... I've been quietly waiting for you to come out from underneath your rock. Let's talk again at the end of the Finals, unless you wanted to catch up for a beer over the next couple of weeks?

Make sure you have you CAPS and punctuation sorted next time you post please ... I've been quietly waiting for you to come out from underneath your rock. Let's talk again at the end of the Finals, unless you wanted to catch up for a beer over the next couple of weeks?
Sorry trying to type too quick, actually dont drink so that would be out of the question. And Im not that into who wins or loses to be quite honest, Ive seen maybe 10 games for the year and was just outline MY OPINION on things that Ive seen over those games....Hope your team wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals week two.

Second Semi Final - Heidelberg v Greensborough. Two sides that led all through the year and deserve the first shot at a position in the Granny. This will be an decent hit out and anyone with nothing on should get out to Preston to watch, I am sure the Tiger faithful will be there but I expect a strong Greensborough crowd due to having teams in all three games. I think the tigers run from the 1/2 back line could be the difference, if allowed to control the game from there they should win but be weary if a confident Slime. Close game, Tigers by 1 goal.

First Semi Final - Montmorency v Macleod. Such a successful Club that despite the hate people have for them on here probably have deserved a premiership, especially some of their genuine great players. Monty have gone along this year quietly and will geared for this. Rambo's Kangas have done everything right this year and their last win against Mont was a massive one. Mont have the experience in playing finals but winning 1 out of the last 10 finals matches is a damning stat. Could go to extra time.....Macleod by 1 goal.

2nds

West Preston Lakeside v Greensborough - Roosters the top and dominate team all year.

Heidelberg v Macleod - Round 18 Macleod won so I am tipping them to repeat that here.

u19s

Greensborough v Montmorency - In the past 5 or so years you could never not select Greensborough in the U19s. Every year they do it right.

West Preston Lakeside v Northcote Park - Slip up last week when they lost by a point? Chooks only finished 2nd to the Slime by percentage and will not want to go out in straight sets.

Here is praying to the wind gods that they ease up to allow good football. Good luck to all.

Mont v Macleod.
Going for Mont here. I think they'll bounce back this week. Will be close either way though

Boro vs Bergers

Boro seem like the better outfit but Bergers keep getting the job done against them. Will tip Bergers who will be fresh after a week off.

Great effort by Greensborough to have all 3 sides playing for a spot in a grand final tomorrow. The club seems to have a sound future with great coaching, great kids who have come up from the juniors and some very good selective recruiting.
Great to see Macleod in the final finish as well, another club with good juniors coming through. These two clubs don't pay anywhere near the money the "top 3" Pay so its good to see Division one maybe evening out a bit in the future.

Semi Finals.
Heidelberg vs Greensboorugh. The two standout teams during the season get the first opportunity to advance to the grand final, and get a weeks rest to prepare. While many preseason considered the Burra a top finals chance, the Tigers didn't get anywhere near as much love. With the week off and fresher, the Tigers should be the first into the grand final.
Montmorency vs Macleod. The Kangas were very impressive last week while the Maggies didn't lose too many friends with their performance against the Burra. This really is a toss-up game with the team that takes all their chances to get across the line. I think the Maggies form has been a bit more solid than the Kangas and giving them the nod, but only just.

Great effort by Greensborough to have all 3 sides playing for a spot in a grand final tomorrow. The club seems to have a sound future with great coaching, great kids who have come up from the juniors and some very good selective recruiting.
Great to see Macleod in the final finish as well, another club with good juniors coming through. These two clubs don't pay anywhere near the money the "top 3" Pay so its good to see Division one maybe evening out a bit in the future.
Well said, it's good to see different clubs participating in the finals.

... Greensborough ... Macleod ... These two clubs don't pay anywhere near the money the "top 3" Pay so its good to see Division one maybe evening out a bit in the future.

Not sure that's entirely correct. There's a good idea. Go back to the future. Discourage Clubs from recruiting and/or paying for quality players/coaches and other support people who can, amongst other things, transfer some skills. Lets all be satisfied with watching, at best, mediocre footy shall we. Yeah! real good idea.

Not sure that's entirely correct. There's a good idea. Go back to the future. Discourage Clubs from recruiting and/or paying for quality players/coaches and other support people who can, amongst other things, transfer some skills. Lets all be satisfied with watching, at best, mediocre footy shall we. Yeah! real good idea.
I'm sure I didn't say anything about discouraging recruiting or paying money for good players etc, all I said was that it was good that teams like Greensborough and Macleod are bridging the gap by having good developing juniors coming through and have got good coaches etc,. Don't you agree that it is a great effort by Greensborough to have 3 teams playing tomorrow in 2nd semi finals? You follow Heidelberg I gather by past posts.

Spoiler I bet you were in the stand yelling out about let's watch the video...facts are ... 1. Heidelberg had nothing to do with report.... Fact 2. NFL reported Bongetti ...fact....3. Heidelberg are into the grand final after being 10 points down at 10 min mark last quarter ...FACT ... I'm sure you and your boro mares will have excuses but I'm sure tigers had every right to complain about the 23rd 24th and to an extent 25th player on the ground... FACT. Hope to see you in 2 weeks... Riddle best for boro by far... FACT,...

Cracker game today, no wind made it a better spectacle. Thought the Boro had them midway through the last, had the ball in their 50 and were a goal away from wrapping it up. Bergers workman-like all day and finished off strong,going to be hard to beat from here!

Cracker game today, no wind made it a better spectacle. Thought the Boro had them midway through the last, had the ball in their 50 and were a goal away from wrapping it up. Bergers workman-like all day and finished off strong,going to be hard to beat from here!
Agree I think it was one of the best games I've seen in years in the league.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back