NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The league need to find umpires it’s a disgrace the fees rise every year but umpires lessen.

Clubs who abuse umpires need to be punished with huge fines and use that money to find replacements. It needs to stop. Some leagues are having nearly 50% of their umpires quit every year.

Speaking to people involved the junior abuse basically halts any progression as most quit due to it. We are seeing howlers in the AFL but people expect perfect umpiring at this level?

The league need to have a zero tolerance policy and start punishing clubs severely.
absolutely agree.
from what i hear the abuse towards junior umpires is a lot less. I think it would be frowned upon by most reasonable people.
i think when people go on saturdays, 6 beers in they think its their right to abuse local umpires. Lets hope this mindset can be changed, but the Clubs culture will drive it.
There is a large number of Junior footballers taking up umpiring from what im told so if it doesnt change at senior level then we will lose these kids and have to put up with disgraceful cheats like Boots forever.

I doubt many clubs tolerate abuse these days.

So apart from the league making a lot of money what do you think it will fix?

Because Johnny over the fence may not give a crap about the club and no one can force Johnny to leave public facilities so then what? Should the already stretched volunteers at every club become security as well? Not a simple fix unfortunately. But yes it needs to be fixed.
Can only realistically think of remunerating them better as a starting point.

View attachment 1967656
You would think someone would suggest “hey you wear blue shorts and we wear white?”

Ridiculous clash! Shorts choice stupid.
I find local teams are kind of backwards like this, not very keen to sacrifice home shorts for the sake of reducing a clash even though they still have the advantage of playing at home. Granted this probably looks worse in the photo than in real life given the we can’t see the backs of the jumpers here but it’s still ugly.
Funnily enough I played for Bundoora Park in my junior days and we wore a navy jumper and teal shorts at home and it surprised me that teams didn’t wear home shorts against us since our home shorts were kind of light but I guess everyone just defaults to coloured at home and white away.

View attachment 1967656
You would think someone would suggest “hey you wear blue shorts and we wear white?”

Ridiculous clash! Shorts choice stupid.
I hear what you are saying, but in the next breath we all complain about the traditions of the game going south….

Early days and it’s looking a race in two…are there people who couldi nominate the best 22 from each club and speculate the strengthof each. I feel if every club had its best on the field each week it would be a more even comp.

Beware the slime!!! I wasnt at the game so keen to hear how/why they could pile the goals on in that last quarter - More Hyde magic!!
Bergs are a good outfit - Yules are going to be competitive at the pointy end with a few key players out

Beware the slime!!! I wasnt at the game so keen to hear how/why they could pile the goals on in that last quarter - More Hyde magic!!
Bergs are a good outfit - Yules are going to be competitive at the pointy end with a few key players out
Dogs in total control before losing all of bench to injuries before 3/4 time.

Started the quarter with 18 then Captain of dogs red carded for quite possibly the softest alleged “headbutt” you will see 10 minutes into the last.

17 v 18 for the last 20 minutes. That was the difference. I’m sure Greensborough will enjoy the win but up until no bench for north, north had all the answers. Rematch will be fireworks later in the year. Lots of chat in the game.

Started the quarter with 18 then Captain of dogs red carded for quite possibly the softest alleged “headbutt” you will see 10 minutes into the last.

17 v 18 for the last 20 minutes. That was the difference. I’m sure Greensborough will enjoy the win but up until no bench for north, north had all the answers. Rematch will be fireworks later in the year. Lots of chat in the game.
Captain of the dogs has form for idiot acts? Apologies if I am highlighting the wrong bloke

Probably just me ......God I would love to see Bundoora relegated to DIV 2 this year just to prove that money cannot buy you happiness!!!;););););)

Captain of the dogs has form for idiot acts? Apologies if I am highlighting the wrong bloke

Plays on the edge no doubt but usually fair. It wasn’t even worthy of a yellow, let alone red. If ever there was a time for an opposition captain to step and say to the league look there actually was no contact, it would have been this incident. The standard of footy in this league is great. Just not sure we want the good players missing for this stuff. Sure draw a free kick, but red…sheesh.

Excuses excuses 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back