NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good week for upsets with my Coburg Lions ending their losing streak, West Coast surprising Freo in the Derby, and of course Lalor doing the unthinkable against Kilmore. I was at the Collingwood vs Port game so I didn’t get a chance to see the Bloods game, can someone who watched it please explain how on earth they did it?
I thought even though they’ve recruited well and brought in Whitnall as coach, there was still a long way to go to catch up to the rest of the comp. For them to pull their first win over a team that wasn’t Reservoir or even Heidelberg West is pretty crazy, have to give them major credit there. Too long between drinks. Hopefully the start of something good for the Bloods, the bottom of the bottom division is a pretty bleak place to be so finals within the next few seasons would be awesome to see.

Good week for upsets with my Coburg Lions ending their losing streak, West Coast surprising Freo in the Derby, and of course Lalor doing the unthinkable against Kilmore. I was at the Collingwood vs Port game so I didn’t get a chance to see the Bloods game, can someone who watched it please explain how on earth they did it?
I thought even though they’ve recruited well and brought in Whitnall as coach, there was still a long way to go to catch up to the rest of the comp. For them to pull their first win over a team that wasn’t Reservoir or even Heidelberg West is pretty crazy, have to give them major credit there. Too long between drinks. Hopefully the start of something good for the Bloods, the bottom of the bottom division is a pretty bleak place to be so finals within the next few seasons would be awesome to see.
Kilmore were pretty crap tbh not to take anything away from Lalor they took advantage and were pretty much in front all day. Just hanged on in the end and scrapped a win.

Kilmore are in a transition period, they are finding their feet after losing a lot of experience after a couple of finals series. It’ll take time but you don’t want to fall too far backwards.

Lalor I think Lance said bought in 11-12 new senior players which make a huge difference. Good on them, I thought they were zero chance to win a game.

D3 in great shape.

It's an outstanding effort from all involved at Lalor and congratulations to all the volunteers and staff who have seen a win for their efforts thus far. When you consider the commentary around they should merge, fold, the imbalance they make on the draw, etc and they put out a performance like that to get a win - then well done Bloods. I am sure calm heads at Lalor would have enjoyed the win immensely on Saturday, but will have them focused again on the next opportunity.

A tight game between West and Ivanhoe, OP's knock off Stars and the Lalor win makes Division 3 a great division to be a part of right now. Things get interesting as the weather changes, injuries impact and sides learn more about each other, but enjoying the close nature of most of the games in the competition.

In saying that ...... Mernda v Epping / West at home to Lakers / Kilmore v OP's up the hume look great match ups this week - huge!

Last edited:
Kilmore are in a transition period, they are finding their feet after losing a lot of experience after a couple of finals series. It’ll take time but you don’t want to fall too far backwards.

Lalor I think Lance said bought in 11-12 new senior players which make a huge difference. Good on them, I thought they were zero chance to win a game.

D3 in great shape.
Having a quick look through the team from memory there is 12 new players listed for Lalor in the weekends game and 10 from last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know that all these young blokes think they are better than what they are. Once reality hits them between the eyes they take the easy option.
In time everyone finds his/her level in sport. Sometimes the individual is correct, sometimes they are not.

At the end of the day the coaches/selection team make a call on things and some people agree and some don't.

Then we all find out who wants to work and prove them wrong/get into the position they think they should be or who feels like another club might be better for them.

After being around for a 'few' years you get to see it all the time and if people choose option b) we should wish them well and sign the transfer paper so you can get back to focussing on those who prefer option a)

😊

Last edited:
It's an outstanding effort from all involved at Lalor and congratulations to all the volunteers and staff who have seen a win for their efforts thus far. When you consider the commentary around they should merge, fold, the imbalance they make on the draw, etc and they put out a performance like that to get a win - then well done Bloods. I am sure calm heads at Lalor would have enjoyed the win immensely on Saturday, but will have them focused again on the next opportunity.

A tight game between West and Ivanhoe, OP's knock off Stars and the Lalor win makes Division 3 a great division to be a part of right now. Things get interesting as the weather changes, injuries impact and sides learn more about each other, but enjoying the close nature of most of the games in the competition.

In saying that ...... Mernda v Epping / West at home to Lakers / Kilmore v OP's up the hume look great match ups this week - huge!
Lalor do have 6ft 11 Dev Pretty to come in ,been injured and will play ressies one game then into the Ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back