Nintendo 64 Questions

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Wasn't to sure where to post this, so thought I would make a thread.

I recently found my N64, and went to set it up. It's all there and working, although the RCA cable that was with it, is actually for a ps2 and I can't seem to get it to work. Is there any tips or any other RCA cables I could use? and where do I get them from?

Cheers

If you connect it to a HD tv with the regular RCA cables it came with, it will hurt your eyes because of the low resolution it was made with. You may want to look for one that will up-scale it the best it can. Just saying in case, because it's really bad otherwise.

If you connect it to a HD tv with the regular RCA cables it came with, it will hurt your eyes because of the low resolution it was made with. You may want to look for one that will up-scale it the best it can. Just saying in case, because it's really bad otherwise.

That's why I still kept my old tube TVs so I can use the PS2 and older consoles. Component connection still makes it look s**t on the new tvs, so I'd advise anyone to use an old CT TV.

For some reason my Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 won't work on my Samsung HDTV. It doesn't accept the signal. Anyone ever had these issue?

For some reason my Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 won't work on my Samsung HDTV. It doesn't accept the signal. Anyone ever had these issue?

Not sure about dreamcast but some only accept the games that make use of the memory expansion pack for the n64 because its a bit higher resolution than normal ones. For example Super Mario won't work, but Conkers Bad Fur Day will.

Most games on N64 put out a resolution of 288p which some modern TVs have an issue with. Surprised the Dreamcast isn't working, however, as AFAIK that just outupts 576i or 480i. Is this just with a composite (yellow plug) connection?

Yep, just the yellow composite connection. A friend at work told me to try it without any HD cables plugged in. So I'll give that a try also. I've give it another go tonight.

Most games on N64 put out a resolution of 288p which some modern TVs have an issue with. Surprised the Dreamcast isn't working, however, as AFAIK that just outupts 576i or 480i. Is this just with a composite (yellow plug) connection?

Got the Dreamcast going. N64 still won't work though. Might have to play it on an older TV or something.

Purchased one of these off Ebay hopefully it works well on my LG T.V

VGA / YPbPr Component / Composite RCA CVBS+Audio to 1080P HDMI Converter Scaler
P0010639_new_show05.jpg

Alright lads, had a look but no one seemed to have answered before but I've finally found my 64 but it's missing a few games I originally had :(

Really looking to add a few back to my collection if there is anyone interested in selling on here.

Alright lads, had a look but no one seemed to have answered before but I've finally found my 64 but it's missing a few games I originally had :(

Really looking to add a few back to my collection if there is anyone interested in selling on here.

Probably best of joining a facebook group (if you have facebook).

There is a buy/swap/sell page for nintendo 64 and most of the time the prices are fairly reasonable/lower than ebay.

Prepare to pay high prices for some of the more "sort after" games such as mario party, conkers, smash bros, donkey kong 64 ect ect

Cheers

I can't get my original NES to work. The red light, lights up but I can't get a channel to match. It's driving me crazy!

do you use AV cables for them? AV channel obviously not it though?

maybe NES doesn't show up on LCDs, if that's what you're trying it on. i tried my SNES in my LCD years ago and remember the picture was all messed up so i haven't tried since. perhaps NES doesn't show up at all.

Back