Review Nisbett's Email Discussion

When do we get the next email?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We will probably see a fair few more 'A message from the CEO' this year, so I figure we may as well get something out of them.

Round 6:

Positives:
No uses of 'synergy'

Negatives:
Forgetting Tom Joyce exists.

Best Excuse:
"COVID-related health issues"

Key Stats:
Words: 661
Paragraphs: 19
Losses since last email: 3
Words before 'injury/ies' appears: 39
WAFL and/or AFLW mentions: 0

Review:
Doesn't mind a new paragraph in this one. Full of excuses and tenuous positives, but he does acknowledge how bad we've been.
A generous 3 out of 5 from me.

I don't think that's a negative. I'd love to forget that Tom Joyce exists and we wasted a SSP spot picking a guy whose career had been riddled with injuries who then got a long-term injury the very next day.

I don't think that's a negative. I'd love to forget that Tom Joyce exists and we wasted a SSP spot picking a guy whose career had been riddled with injuries who then got a long-term injury the very next day.
It was very funny though that in the midst of everyone dropping like flies, we signed someone and they immediately went down too.

19 years a member and I swear we didn’t hear from this guy before 2020…

…and to be honest, I didn’t really care to hear from him anyway….but during the uncertainty of 2020-Covid, it was actually nice to see improved communication with the membership base.

But…jeez…I don’t need an email from him every time the team gets their pants pulled down.

If you've struggled with long term injury and looking for a clear run at it WC is probably not the right place for you.

I'm a bit peeved that I haven't got the latest email from our CEO for me to scroll past.

19 years a member and I swear we didn’t hear from this guy before 2020…

…and to be honest, I didn’t really care to hear from him anyway….but during the uncertainty of 2020-Covid, it was actually nice to see improved communication with the membership base.

But…jeez…I don’t need an email from him every time the team gets their pants pulled down.

Well now you know why there no longer is a members hat or scarf each year. The moneys gone to some speechwriter and Trevor just stamps it ok to go…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6dvwsi.jpg

Thought the e-mail began well, but then he started the spin doctoring and the delusional suggestions that we'll be better because we've gotten over the Covid stuff now.

I didn’t care for the listing of the new players as some kind of badge of honour.

‘11 Debutants’

Well….that’s 11 club debuts I guess.

Top Ups who played vs NM with AFL Experience - 3/4 Mountford, Dewar, Giro) + 1 29 year old Sandover Medalist. (Nissy said 5, but only 4 of them were club debutants btw, Ainsworth doesn’t count…again)

SPP additions with existing AFL Experience - 2/3 (Dixon and Naish) + Strnadica, who is only playing because NN is injured.

Samo Petrevski-Seton - Well yeah, we traded for him…not getting a game now though.

Actual Debutants - 3 - Hough, Jamieson, Williams - the last 2 were basically top ups vs NM and looked way out of their depth.

So of the 11 to debut for the club, only 5 of them were making their AFL debut - 3 of those (Black, Jamieson and Williams) are unlikely to feature again in 2022 (or possibly ever).

So….it’s Brady Hough and Luke Strnadica as a beacon of the future….and I guess we can disregard Hugh Dixon’s 1 game at Freo.

Ooft.

I thought the email in isolation was itself OK, but, it's the sad ongoing plight of the Club that keeps getting glossed over, that is what pisses me off.

As it currently stand, the most wealthy Club in the land, which has three teams, sits with this abysmally record :

• AFLW - We are the current holders of the 2022 season Wooden Spoon .
  • WAFL - Beagles sit at the bottom of the ladder.
  • AFL - We sit second bottom ( only split by % ) just above the perennial s**t show, that is otherwise known as North Melbourne.

Only one thing we lead the AFL / AFLW in at the moment .............. and thats the extent and length of our injury list.

However what Trev and his cronies don't seem to get ....... is this.

Most of the supporters understand the unique situation that the Club finds itself in the here and now, with both The China Virus and the horrific injury list.

Now if this was the only blimp on the radar, all supporters ( well most ), would be ok with the Club having been unfortunately hit, with the perfect storm that has come our way and we would be accepting of the quirkiness of our Clubs woes and misfortune.

But ...... and here is the huge ..... BUT ...... and this IMO, is the root of most supporters angst.

The current situation we find ourselves in, is on the back of three consecutive years of gross under achievement .

2019 - Was the grand final hangover when the players remained drunk, having consumed too much of their own bath water after the success of 2018.
2020 - The Players and Coaches went all soft utensil and whimpy, as the modern comforts of home were taken away from them in the hub.
2021 - The straw that broke the Supporters back was the playing list showing very little ticker, little effort and seemingly accepting its own mediocrity.

Couple the players lack of spirit, resolve and endeavour ( The home loss to North by way of example ), with a stubborn coaching group that kept the same obsolete game plan, then fast forward the supporters are not happy.

The Club in is decline and yet none in the upper echelons want to address this elephant in the room and most of us are getting pissed off with the spin coming out of HQ, we are in s**t city at the moment and need some urgent leadership and change but none running the Club want to publicly acknowledge it.

" The Barbarians " are gathering at the gates of Mineral Resources Park and dismissively this is Trev's response.

77Rt.gif

I'm pretty sure the emails are sent periodically (every two or three weeks). Looks to me like it's an iniative to be more open and try and keep the fans engaged. Unfortunately it's backfiring as it shows how out of touch the club are.

Nissy really needs to retire and bring in someone with more energy and hunger. The club is feeling very stale at the moment.

Back