nobby's sports bet tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
hmmm turns out I am enough of a narcissistic to have my own bet tracker thread!

About me: I need to quit betting on horses. Typically I win on AFL and NRL, lose it during the spring carnival, win on NFL (and recently on NCAA football), and then lose it during the Autumn carnival. But luckily, today is the first time I've deposited into an account in 18 months - and that was only cos I drained it a month ago to buy stuff :D (my balance typically sits anywhere between $50-1000 depending on time of year)

About my betting: Except with NCAA football (where you can realistically push out to 6 or 7 legs), I typically limit myself to 3-legs on a multi. I rarely use h2h - I use any manner of options whose odds I like. Line bet, first half line, win margin, pick your own line etc. I never, ever use individual options in multis (most disposals, first goal, dt points etc)

I try and limit myself to 1 multi a week - unless I cop a bad beat on a Saturday and there are Sunday games that I like.

I don't have any hard and fast rules about NRL/AFL break down, but invariably during the course of a season I'll do better at one than the other, and shift more in that direction

The aim: Personally, to torture myself if I win and then burn it all on horses because my record keeping sucks (hence I won't be posting race bets here - no one would want to see them anyway). More broadly, to demonstrate that bad multi beats happen - but if you're patient, do your research, and look deeper into the markets available multi-betting is profitable. (eg. best results in the NFL season were looking at first quarter or first half lines)

At various points, I may compare myself to punters who use the non-multi method. This will just be out of interest though, cos I've never done such a comparison

Cronulla -4
Melbourne +42.5
GWS +38.5

1 unit/$7.11

(and a poor example of "looking deeper into markets")

Geelong +61.5
West Coast -1.5
Canberra Raiders -16.5 (choose your own line)

$5.31. 1 unit.