No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

How in the hell was that not holding the ball against Ben Brown just now.

It's been said multiple times already but I can't stand Ben Brown. Something about him is just infuriating

Luke Darcy - "Just 6 seconds on the clock, It'd take a miracle. But you just never know."

The margin was and remained 7 points.

c387f37391238067d4c33588868e6f01.gif

Hate hearing Ben Brown speak, reminds me that he actually seems like a decent bloke. Partially ruins how much I hate watching him play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ben Brown and Neal Bullen non frees are one of the biggest issues in the game the moment. Brown gathers, takes on the coming players, can’t dispose of the ball and it comes free, yet play on?

I still have nightmares of Ben Brown kicking the sealer when we played Norf a few years back.

Trengove held him all day then he bobbed up and kicked the winner with like a minute left

The Ben Brown and Neal Bullen non frees are one of the biggest issues in the game the moment. Brown gathers, takes on the coming players, can’t dispose of the ball and it comes free, yet play on?
The problem is the scope for interpretation and the AFL's willingness to move back and forth within that scope. How often do we see laws start with one interpretation but evolve into a very different one? A recent example is umpire dissent (originally if you so much as raised an eyebrow it was a 50m penalty), but there are many instances of big shifts in interpretation. And of course HTB is a timeless classic.

They should lock down every rule with a tighter definition so that there is very little margin at all for intrepretation. And they should try to ensure that the interpretation is the same from week to week and year to year.

All this variability does everyone in the game a disservice, and it makes it harder to sell to outsiders.

I still have nightmares of Ben Brown kicking the sealer when we played Norf a few years back.

Trengove held him all day then he bobbed up and kicked the winner with like a minute left
Wasn't that Ziebell?

Cats game tomorrow looks like it will be a wet one.

We haven't beaten Geelong in consecutive matches since 2003. Let next week be the first time in 21 years it happens.

Five day break in the wet with no Danger and no home crowd to cheat umpires into giving them the rub of the green...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back