No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ian Collins was stitched up by that lawyer who died leaving behind a ponzi scheme with his clients that even his partners didn't know about (allegedly):

Suffer in your jocks, you pr1ck!
What could possibly go wrong when you're a high flying Melbourne identity and you're investing with a suburban shop front solicitor promising 8% returns. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck about 8% returns on your investment then it's a duck promoting a Ponzi scheme. I doubt that its a coincidence that he found himself at the ducks door in Ivanhoe during historic interest rate lows.

According to the Melbourne papers this morning, Essendope won the draft as well as trade week. Got the ‘missing link’ apparently. Just spat my brekky all over the table.

Yep, gave up a 2nd rounder with zero gain, cos Cats were taking O'Sullivan over Caddy anyway.

Dodoro is either pleasuring himself or going senile.

Hope Bombers extend him for another 10 years.

Michael Ablett described him as a ''genius''. :)
Teams that have won a final since 2004:
Adelaide
Brisbane Lions
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Geelong
Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
West Coast
Western Bulldogs​
Teams that have not won a final since 2004:
Essendon
Gold Coast​

Long may this genius continue to win trade week, draft night and any other event that is not AFL finals.

Teams that have won a final since 2004:
Adelaide
Brisbane Lions
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Geelong
Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
West Coast
Western Bulldogs​
Teams that have not won a final since 2004:
Essendon
Gold Coast​

Long may this genius continue to win trade week, draft night and any other event that is not AFL finals.

I like how you deliberately omitted Sydney too! 😆

According to the Melbourne papers this morning, Essendope won the draft as well as trade week. Got the ‘missing link’ apparently. Just spat my brekky all over the table.
Stop buying newspapers.

You're only slowing their inevitable demise by encouraging them not to do the right thing and die.

Haven't bought a physical paper in years (even then was just the odd Weekly Times if required when we first relocated regionally, 2014/2015-ish).

Also lucky enough to get digital Age for free through work - except I haven't utilised that for at least a year or so now either.

Years ago when commuting via tram to a CBD job and still living in suburbia, I'd buy The Age religiously on weekdays, also on Sunday, plus the Trading Post semi-regularly (jousting sticks!), and read the folks' or in-laws' HS sports section. Seemed so critical at the time - don't miss any of them these days.

(Actually last papers I bought were the Sunday ones the day after the 2016 GF! 🔴⚪🔵)

Haven't bought a physical paper in years (even then was just the odd Weekly Times if required when we first relocated regionally, 2014/2015-ish).

Also lucky enough to get digital Age for free through work - except I haven't utilised that for at least a year or so now either.

Years ago when commuting via tram to a CBD job and still living in suburbia, I'd buy The Age religiously on weekdays, also on Sunday, plus the Trading Post semi-regularly (jousting sticks!), and read the folks' or in-laws' HS sports section. Seemed so critical at the time - don't miss any of them these days.

(Actually last papers I bought were the Sunday ones the day after the 2016 GF! 🔴⚪🔵)

The Saturday Age had enough paper to wipe my derriere for a year. Some of those ink stains are still there though. Some days when I'm bored, I squat over a mirror on the floor and read the headlines from 1995.

Brissy would want to win a flag in the next two years, once the GABBA gets knocked down their home advantage goes out the window if they play at Metricon or even their new training base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy would want to win a flag in the next two years, once the GABBA gets knocked down their home advantage goes out the window if they play at Metricon or even their new training base.
Will be more hilarious if they actually win it when the Gabba is rubble. Play home finals games in front of low capacity crowds, and can't unveil the flag on their actual home ground either.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why the media is making the drafting of Caddy by Essendon as some master stroke/deal of the century? Yes the Bombers are an easy target because they suck and still think they are a big club, but all they did was move up one spot, what am I missing?

Can someone explain to me why the media is making the drafting of Caddy by Essendon as some master stroke/deal of the century? Yes the Bombers are an easy target because they suck and still think they are a big club, but all they did was move up one spot, what am I missing?
Media making a big deal of anything Esserton is no surprise.

Lots of fans = lots of clicks.

Media making a big deal of anything Esserton is no surprise.

Lots of fans = lots of clicks.
Yep have to give Essington supporters hope. I know it is a chore, having a son who barracks for them, trying to give encouragement and support knowing they will ultimately shoot themselves in the foot and lose.

Yep have to give Essington supporters hope. I know it is a chore, having a son who barracks for them, trying to give encouragement and support knowing they will ultimately shoot themselves in the foot and lose.
Its funny watching Brad Scott do everything he can to temper expectations and then you have Fox Footy doing segments on how the 75th pick in the supplementary draft could be the missing piece to a flag. Such a nuffie club.

If one of your players was ever going to go down for the rest of the season it might as well be the preseason while your team can sign a supplementary player by moving him to the LTI list.

Looks like it's the RNA Showgrounds, which has upset not only the Anti-Gabba rebuild Greens voters (who admittedly would be upset if Tofu costs went down by 10 cents), but also Brisbane Roar and World Game fans who are adamant that money should be used to build a new home ground for the Roar or redevelop Perry Park (the old home of the Brisbane Strikers in the NSL).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back