No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire is meant to be this great coach, experienced and sees the game well.

Not sure many other coaches would’ve kept Heeney in the forward line for a decade. 18 contested possessions? Goes alright in the middle maybe….

Honestly no excuse to not win comfortably, time to just grow the * up and come out fired up for once and win by 6 goals. Enough of the rubbish starts and being this mid teams bitch

Mid? 3 top 4 finishes in the last 3 years and one of those resulted in a flag...
I want to beat the campaigners as much as you but let's not pretend they're not one of the best teams in the comp.

Melbourne have also slimmed Schache down which seems surprising to me because running capacity was never a weakness of his but physicality always was.

Mid? 3 top 4 finishes in the last 3 years and one of those resulted in a flag...
I want to beat the campaigners as much as you but let's not pretend they're not one of the best teams in the comp.
Irrelevant this year, Gawn & May look 45 years old, they don’t have a forward that can even do the bit part stuff Brown & McDonald were doing, Oliver will build into the season but is no where near the player he was right now, lost a heap of depth they haven’t replaced.

We know first hand previous season results mean nothing by now don’t we?

Irrelevant this year, Gawn & May look 45 years old, they don’t have a forward that can even do the bit part stuff Brown & McDonald were doing, Oliver will build into the season but is no where near the player he was right now, lost a heap of depth they haven’t replaced.

Previous season results are literally the best indicator for how a team will perform in the next season...

This post is going to be mocked endlessly when Melbourne beat us by 10 goals again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great start to the year from the ever reliable cream of the crop punditry team on fox. Raving for 5 minutes at half time about the absolute dominance of Gawn over Grundy, with the stats literally on the screen showing Grundy ahead on every line. Even claimed longmire had to move him out of the ruck because he couldn't match it. Only for Grundy to completely dominate the second half.

Previous season results are literally the best indicator for how a team will perform in the next season...

It’s probably the best indicator, but it might still be a poor one. In a period where almost every year 2-3 teams drop out of the top eight, and one team typically vaults from outside finals into top four, it’s difficult to trust past performance.

Melbourne have had the off season from hell, somehow their terrible forward line has got worse, and at least a few of their best players look off.

All of that said, they’ll probably regroup and run over us by 40+ next week. If they do, then we’re nowhere near serious contenders.

Let me guess, calling out racism, homophobia, sexism etc (all of which often come in the form of language) is "woke"?

Gee I dunno man. I know saying that word is technically about homophobia. But the context is hardly never about that.

Gee I dunno man. I know saying that word is technically about homophobia. But the context is hardly never about that.
I also remember 15-20 years ago when it was common, particularly amongst schoolboys, to call something unfavourable 'gay' (regardless of the context) and no one would blink an eye.

Grundy was a man possessed, my word he monstered Gawn.
It’ll be interesting if this is the Grundy they get all year or just a once off due to Grundy having a point to prove and knowing Gwen’s game.

If they get 80-90% of peak Grundy then it could rocket them back into contention. They’ve had terrible ruckman in previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back