No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread for non Bulldog talk. Opposition posters be aware that you will be carded for any unnecessary or unwelcome comments.

Great game watching the Bombers and Geelong last night. Found myself cheering for the Bombers :eek: Did anyone see the Geelong supporter mouthing off at Hird as he came down the stairs at the end of the game, an old bloke that should know better.

It seemed to me that Geelong's second string players were not up to Essendon's first string. The older players just couldn't get the Cats over the line. The Bombers were hard at the ball and the man all night. Great game to watch.

Still a bit annoying all that winking and carrying on from Hirdy. Really Essendon are just doing this year what they did last year - knocking off some top sides in between losing to some quite good / not good at all teams.

It was completely embarrassing losing to them in Round 1 the way we did. Here's hoping for a reversal in the rematch.

I think what it proved to me, is that if you take out senior players such as Selwood et al, and play a lot of youngsters, then they just look like ordinary youngsters the same as every other team, not all this stuff about Geelong's youngsters are exceptional they are not - just made to look good in a good team.

Even the commentators were critical of them with the exception of the one that got the Rising Star Nomination - can't remember his name, whose decision making was good.

The rest were buckling under Essendon's pressure, kicking out on the full, turning the ball over etc, what you reasonably expect from first year AFL players. Very rare that you see a Scully, Martin or Rioli type player who can hold their own in the team - and they go as top 10 picks anyway.

Still think that Geelong will have a lot of retirement's all at once, and they will be in trouble - much like us this year, although I can see us starting to reap the benefits.

Did anyone else notice late in the game when Geelong got close Hird had his head in his hands and Thompson was screaming instructions on the phone.

No question about who's running the show.

Scooter600x you seem suprised:D

That free against Johnson for his first goal sucked. The kid had not given him a sniff all night and got sprung retaliating to cheap shots behind the play. :thumbsdown:

Watching the EJ Whitten legends game. Aker getting booed every touch.

they just showed footage of Nathan Brown playing for us. Was he always such a ********? Showed him running into an open goal and showing the ball to David King who was 10 metres behind him. I was only 13 when he left, and can't remember that incident.

they just showed footage of Nathan Brown playing for us. Was he always such a ********? Showed him running into an open goal and showing the ball to David King who was 10 metres behind him. I was only 13 when he left, and can't remember that incident.

Yeah, he copped a fine for giving the bird as well. He was always a bit cocky, loved it when he was ours, hated it when he went to the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Akermanis lost the game for All stars. He was trying all game, like he had something to prove. Even though it was only a charity match he was going 110% and had the chance for the sealer. Out on the full under no pressure. Vic rebounded and kicked a goal to take the lead.

No AFL contract for you, Aker

Yeah, he copped a fine for giving the bird as well. He was always a bit cocky, loved it when he was ours, hated it when he went to the Tiges.

I can only remember one game where he lit it up for us vs Melbourne.

Akermanis lost the game for All stars. He was trying all game, like he had something to prove. Even though it was only a charity match he was going 110% and had the chance for the sealer. Out on the full under no pressure. Vic rebounded and kicked a goal to take the lead.

EJ would have turned in his grave knowing he was playing after all the trouble he has brought on our club.

West was brilliant.

Libba, Smith, Dimma meh.

Brown ok.

I can only remember one game where he lit it up for us vs Melbourne.

There were a few. The 6 he kicked v Collingwood in Rohdes first game as coach as a stand in probably got Rohde the full time gig - another reason to hate Brown right there!

He also got a bag at Optus v WC when he played FF and Johnno played ChF and got about 7 as well

Watching Sautner in the Legends match just makes me wonder how good he could have been at AFL level. 9-time leading goalkicker in the VFL, 5 premierships for Sandringham, 3rd highest total VFL games played and the highest goalkicker in VFL history does say a lot about his quality as a player.

Yeah we did, even though we weren't looking like it when Brown did what he did. If I remember correctly someone in the North cheer squad threw something at him, hence the finger

It was staggering how hard he was trying when most on the ground treated it in good spirit. He chased, he tackled, he tried to kick team lifting goals...it was rediculous.

Loved the way he copped some fairly vigorous tackles on more than one occasion.....in agame where body contact was almost completely absent. Loved the way he buggered up a few things towards the end when trying to win the game off his own boot.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back