Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who has a decent understanding of the rules:
Was that free against dawson for tripping rozee the correct reading of the rules? Never seen it happen before, he grabbed rozee around the thigh area, rozee wrigglss out of it and the hold drops to the shin area.
If someone tackles around chest area and the player drops to evade it so the tacklers arms go above the shoulder, umps will call play on, so shouldnt the same judgement be used in this instance?
personally don't think it was, he never actually got tripped over (though it likely would've tripped him over if it continued)

just overumpiring

The only way to actually stop these incidents, and not undermine the game, is not to put it on the suspended player. It's almost always the guy hurt who is at fault. He's the only one who can protect himself.

Would be curious to see how many head knocks from slit tackles are from players taking the tackler on and having a textbook tackle completed but the final result being the sling

Anyone who has a decent understanding of the rules:
Was that free against dawson for tripping rozee the correct reading of the rules? Never seen it happen before, he grabbed rozee around the thigh area, rozee wriggles out of it and the hold drops to the shin area.
If someone tackles around chest area and the player drops to evade it so the tacklers arms go above the shoulder, umps will call play on, so shouldnt the same judgement be used in this instance?
didn't see the tackle but if im reading this correctly and a tackle starts around the waist but finishes below the knees then it should be correctly deemed a trip

Is Zak Butters down on last year or am I seeing things? Every possession is u turning back into traffic causing issues for team mates getting his disposal

Also, Charlie Dixon is a liability for Port. Nonfactor when the ball hits the deck

Is Zak Butters down on last year or am I seeing things? Every possession is u turning back into traffic causing issues for team mates getting his disposal

Also, Charlie Dixon is a liability for Port. Nonfactor when the ball hits the deck
feels like he's just being extremely wasteful tonight, little impact.

yep and
he's in a family full of eccentrics
he's done things I never expected
I see what you did there 😉
Music Video 90S GIF by Oasis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wheels falling off for the power

Rozee (injured), Georgiades (lower leg?), Marshall (ankle)

Excuses for Ken to keep his job or done if they miss top 4?
can’t imagine he’ll be able to keep it after this capitulation. truly encapsulates their mediocrity

Willie Rioli is such a selfish footballer when the going is tough. Seen very little to no second efforts, little attempt to bring team mates into the game and pot shots at goal when team mates could have better odds of goals

in other news, bad kicking is bad football. 23 scoring shots to 18 yet down by 30 points is telling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back