Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't pay attention to the draft apart from our selections, but did the tankers seriously select another midfielder with their first round pick? LOL

Whilst they have one key forward in waite who can't stay on the park and a bloke in casboult who is more ruck but can clunk it and had a chance at getting McCarthy.

they needed a big inside, ball winning mid.

took a kpd in second round.

They need a KPF more than anything. Apart from Jarrad Waite (who always seems to have a s**t run with injury), they have next to no quality forwards. Should have picked Cameron McCarthy instead

They need a KPF more than anything. Apart from Jarrad Waite (who always seems to have a s**t run with injury), they have next to no quality forwards. Should have picked Cameron McCarthy instead

Henderson>Waite as a forward

blues did manage to get a pretty decent KPD at 39 as well, they actually did pretty well, Cripps and Holman are both big bodied inside mids and Giles is probably the best KPD in the draft pool

Don't agree.

They're weren't losing games because they don't have a gun key forward. There is a lack of quality ball winning ability in their midfield with Judd on the decline.

Get some more development into Casboult and Kreuzer and they've got some targets. With Watson getting some game time it may free Henderson to play foward which in the next few years will probably only be helped by the recruitment of Giles (I think it is).

Have been critical of Carlton picking midfielders in front of key talls, but think they did the right thing in 2013. No point reaching for a KP in a limited draft, when next year is a strong draft for KP's - Though they will probably take a midfielder next year - For a team who has invested so many picks in midfielders, they only have a pedestrian midfield.

Have been critical of Carlton picking midfielders in front of key talls, but think they did the right thing in 2013. No point reaching for a KP in a limited draft, when next year is a strong draft for KP's - Though they will probably take a midfielder next year - For a team who has invested so many picks in midfielders, they only have a pedestrian midfield.

The problem for them is that it brings Judd/Carrazzo/Scotland/McLean/Waite/etc a year closer to retiring and they still don't have a decent forward developing in the 2s. 4 years is generally how long it takes for a forward to develop so you'd be looking at 2018 before they have a forward line, by which time their veterans and current leaders will be gone and they'll need another rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Richmond doing with there recruiting ? Five out of 6 drafted players are mature age, which follows similar in 2012. Analyse Richmond's list and you will find its closer to the top end in age range, rather than the bottom end of the age range. I hope Richmond know what they are doing, but their recent recruiting, hardly inspires me with confidence.

Interesting to see quite a few people who heaped abuse on Dean Bailey during the tanking investigation now eating humble pie with the news he's potentially very, very ill.

Some people constantly lose perspective of the fact that, at the end of the day, footy is just a game.

What are Richmond doing with there recruiting ? Five out of 6 drafted players are mature age, which follows similar in 2012. Analyse Richmond's list and you will find its closer to the top end in age range, rather than the bottom end of the age range. I hope Richmond know what they are doing, but their recent recruiting, hardly inspires me with confidence.

Been saying it for 18 months, they're topping up for a tilt at having a tilt, it really is quite bizarre. It's all well and good to have a hole in your list and try to fill it, but they're going into win now mode, when they really don't need to be.

Interesting to see quite a few people who heaped abuse on Dean Bailey during the tanking investigation now eating humble pie with the news he's potentially very, very ill.

Some people constantly lose perspective of the fact that, at the end of the day, footy is just a game.

bit of this methinks.

Not making light of it, I wish Bailey nothing but the best, reckon he was stiff to get the arse, and he is a former Essendon player after all

Jack

Will say that Richmond is tracking along well, and contrary to myth, their defence is very solid. Think they conceded the 2nd or 3rd lowest points against - And premierships are usually won on defence. They need to make their move in the next 2 or 3 years, or they will need to start again.

Seems to be a common theme coming from fromer Collingwood players

I think that Eddie and the Collingwood Football Club will seriously regret what they did to Mick Malthouse by bringing in Buckley. Everyone who leaves that club seems to have the same feelings about Buckley as a people manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back