North Central Football League - 2013 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, Wonabeerey back to the saints, this is brilliant. If that doesn't get the crowd through the gates I don't know what will? Who cares about their juniors (obviously not them) this is one of the most exciting footballers to pull on the red and blue in the past 10 years. Surely he has blown out a little bit...more, from his miraculous goal kicking days at the Dees? None the less will still be a freak and great viewing.
If they have put in a clearance for him then it must almost be a certainty that he is coming, right?
Any word on what Paddy Heanan is like/what position? Wona and Rocco in the same team could be the spark the saints need.

Great earlier post morgdogga, Wedderburn gets a fair bit of slack for its imports but I bet if you compared them to most other teams in the comp they would be equal if not more in favour of the locals. Can't remember the last recruit that only stayed for one season and high tailed it out of there.

Whats the word around the traps then? Surely Charlton will be desperate to lock down some more recruits before clearances close. Think with the current cattle they have they are a bit off Wedderburn, even more so with Finley going down with the knee. Could they chase their ex high profile forward that left the club 2 years back? Wouldn't come for a packet of chips and glass of water but maybe need to pay the big bucks to get him back in the navy blue, this could also get his brother up and firing once again also.

Is any team going to get near wedderburn at this stage or actually any stage of this season?
What happened to st arnaud on the weekend. Talking to local and he seems to think that pretty much everyone hates their senior side and everyone loves the twos side. Saying that they put too much into not looking after anyof the young locals.
This thread is dying just like the north central football league.

Is any team going to get near wedderburn at this stage or actually any stage of this season?
What happened to st arnaud on the weekend. Talking to local and he seems to think that pretty much everyone hates their senior side and everyone loves the twos side. Saying that they put too much into not looking after anyof the young locals.

What makes you think the North Central Football League is dying grylls? Wedderburn are a class above everyone else, but I wouldn't say the league has dropped off in standard or anything like that. Yes what did happen to St Arnaud? Birchip seem to be sticking around which surprises me, only recognized about 3 blokes in their side when we come across them. Still a chance to make the 4? Charlton too good for Boort on the weekend, a goal in it at half time then Charlton kicked away with the wind in the third to put the game to bed. What are everyone's tips for this weekend?

Boort - 6 goals
St Arnaud - 13 points
Charlton - 6 goals

I'm not saying the standard has dropped off merely the rumors or innuendo of next year only having six sides in the comp or even worse none at all. The fact that whyche are in dire straights has got to have people worried. Whyche not having any juniors or lack of juniors has surely got to give the league headaches?

Birchip are a completely different side even there twos are different. Could they possibly get into the four or was last weeks effort against st arnaud just a splash in the pan. They seem to be the only team to trouble wedderburn (along with charlton) but they lack the firepower up forward. The only team getting out of all criticism is Donald. Which I'm sure they're glad they aren't getting talked about.

There are whispers of 2 clubs keen to join. Travel will increase for a most clubs, but at this point, it's apparently just talk.

Hopefully Wyche can hang on, and we can add another side to get rid of the bye.

And bear, they've had the junior footy headache for quite a number of years as it is... UnFortunately, such is the case with many clubs, the Wyche 3rds are done.

Truck, how long does the steady flow of a handful of kids coming into the under 13 look like continuing?

Are there a couple due to be coming up next year?

Which 2 sides are you hinting at M4S?
What's happened to going up into the bistro in st arnaud. A bit of a scuffle I hear and now no ones allowed in?
Most people were happy to hang around after there game in st arnaud but not likely now. Many opting to leave and go to dominoes instead!!

And bear, they've had the junior footy headache for quite a number of years as it is... UnFortunately, such is the case with many clubs, the Wyche 3rds are done.

Truck, how long does the steady flow of a handful of kids coming into the under 13 look like continuing?

Are there a couple due to be coming up next year?

Not sure about the kids sorry! Might be worth pointing out that we're not the only club to struggle with juniors! Places a lot closer to bendigo and bigger population are struggling to field junior sides.
There were close to 100 juniors not sign up to play footy in bendigo this year who all played last year! Not saying we don't have a problem just saying we're not on our Pat Malone.

Dire straights might be a bit rough, outside of the burn we were the last side to hoist the half hide cup! And our seniors and 2's had featured in finals for the last 4 or so years! Still a relatively young side!

We know it's about winning flags, but it's also about providing a team for local lads to play for each Saturday.
Only 2 blokes from Saturdays side weren't local or have a family connection to Demonland!

There are whispers of 2 clubs keen to join. Travel will increase for a most clubs, but at this point, it's apparently just talk.

Hopefully Wyche can hang on, and we can add another side to get rid of the bye.
Word is Beulah/ Hopetoun to amalgamate and join NCFL. Still don't think Maryborough will come our way M4S.

Don't for one minute think the redbacks are unbeatable bear,have won the last three flags yes,but by a combined total of 23 points,Saints should have rolled them 2year ago in what most thought would have seen a comfortable victory for the redbacks. Again speed may be the deciding factor so realistically the Navies and Saints are well in the mix,unless Boort pick up 2 or 3 runners they are not.

Explain??
Just a little cheapie roota.Their last 2 months clearances have all been from the NT,however lodged one for Torin Petrie,he was cleared earlier this year but has decided to return.The boy can play, chb/fb. If the saints ever get a full side on the park they will be formidable but as yet this year seem to be happy to travel at 50%, will have to get their fingers out to get players qualified for finals and for them to gel as a side, think this week against the redbacks we may see them with a lot stronger side than the last month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Im at it Navies injury worries continue, Aaron Walklate,shoulder rooted, to miss min 6 weeks if the whispers are right, T Baird hammy troubles,might have to miss a few.

Talked to a fella today that tells me Pyramid Hill may be headed this way,doubt the prospect of a drive to Beulah or Hopetoun in a couple of years is real tantilising,also reckoned Maryborough a big chance, I still reckon they will head to CHFL if they go anywhere.

Talked to a fella today that tells me Pyramid Hill may be headed this way,doubt the prospect of a drive to Beulah or Hopetoun in a couple of years is real tantilising,also reckoned Maryborough a big chance, I still reckon they will head to CHFL if they go anywhere.

Not sure why Pyramid would be looking at it to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back