North Central Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh seriously, patty o hasn't even played in the north central for years, the game evolves, and from memory, dean messed up the paperwork in that game, had the wrong details down or something... But believe it or not, you can't do that sort of stuff anymore, i'd have thought a kid of his age, and talent would be smart enough to steer clear of that sort of stuff... I guess i'm wrong

Yeah cant do that, Hmmm So Eddie Lee belting that young St Arnaud kid up a birchip that day?. . . Cant happen anymore, who are u kidding, it happens whether you like it or not, face the facts. Lee got 1 week maybe 2 and what happened to the St Arnaud kids jaw or eye socket? Probably about the same as walklate.
So i think brown can consider himself very unlucky, 5 weeks.
Yeah Gerta that is exactly right it was Bond sorry.

Contrary to your recollection, Lee got 3-4 weeks, and it happened in St Arnaud, not Birchip, in early august, 2007 (just under 3 years ago for those playing along at home.) Given how far things have moved forward since then, I'd say the 'hungryhippo' can think himself very lucky

I will agree, it does happen... But in the age of civil free-for-all's, you have just got to be smarter.

Settle down Big Fella, he doesn't need a life lesson, he's just trying to evoke a bit of emotion like everyone else on this forum.

Gerta, it was Charlton who the redbacks lost to in 05. Went out in straight sets under David Mcormack. But the 2s got up that year, you beauty.

I do remember that one, the 2s win was fantastic for the burn. They knocked us out in the prelim final by a couple of points.

Nah apparently walklate cracked his jaw about a month prior in a collision against charlton, no one can confirm that it wasnt browny but a previouse crack wouldnt help the cause i wouldnt think. The umpires thought so little of it they even changed the charge of reckless conduct (i think) to bringing the game into disrepute. I'd say the tribuneral went there with a very clear point to prove and left proving that point, sets a fair precident though, pretty much anything high is worth weeks, which is ***** bullshit.
Rick Walklate was threatening to take civil action from what can gather which also would of had some impact on the tribunerals decision (as much as they deny it it definatly would). Wedderburn had untill 2:00 o'clock today to appeal it a a cost of $5000 if they lost but still $2500 if they won, as browny has already missed one game they didnt bother, which is a big shame for the young chap who has been playin some good footy, ironically he will return against boort, hopefully to punish the rest of the walklate family.
So with no brown, baird or smith on the weekend the burn backline was very stretched, along with the absence of key onballer thompson the were up against it but managed a 4 goal win, which under the circumstances was good.

On a lighter note for **** sake truck speak in names we can understand e.g slag head and pilot??
The wyche boys would of been pretty happy with themselves wouldnt they after the weekends game? Must match up pretty well agaisnt donald. How far off is the div train, saw him thursday lookin a picture. did he run around with ur boys??
Looks like the finals race is anyone's with donald wedderburn and wyche all right up there. this weeks game will be interesting between an underman burn and a flying wyche, who will be hoping to turn around last rounds 100point defcit.

A crack in a bone is 90% healed after 4 weeks Big King, so if you were Ben Walklate you would have been pretty confident that it would be fine, how ever he didn't know that he would be subject to such a dog blow. That is all it was, and i'd say Luke Brown should feel lucky that he hasn't recieved more than 5 weeks, the ball was over 10 metres away and walklate wasn't in the contest when brown ran through him and gave an elbow to the jaw, thats assault and country league football players aren't covered by laws which protect them from being charged with assault like afl players are. Considering how many witnesses there were Brown is lucky and should be thankful that Rick Walklate and the Boort football committee haven't taken the matter further as an assault charge of that nature and criminal record would not look good on a 19 yr old like Luke Brown. So stop your bitching act and be thankful you'll have brown for the finals.

A crack in a bone is 90% healed after 4 weeks Big King, so if you were Ben Walklate you would have been pretty confident that it would be fine, how ever he didn't know that he would be subject to such a dog blow. That is all it was, and i'd say Luke Brown should feel lucky that he hasn't recieved more than 5 weeks, the ball was over 10 metres away and walklate wasn't in the contest when brown ran through him and gave an elbow to the jaw, thats assault and country league football players aren't covered by laws which protect them from being charged with assault like afl players are. Considering how many witnesses there were Brown is lucky and should be thankful that Rick Walklate and the Boort football committee haven't taken the matter further as an assault charge of that nature and criminal record would not look good on a 19 yr old like Luke Brown. So stop your bitching act and be thankful you'll have brown for the finals.

Ok I think this has been blown out of proportion. The young bloke lifted his elbow in the heat of the moment and clipped him. He got five weeks end of story.

He is not a criminal, so lets just settle down a bit.

Obviously goes on name if Baird made it he was about as interested/wanted to be there during the game as a NTTAWWTter in a lesbian bar.

Clarke is a gun
Baird must stll be going ok to be selected in the VCFL side... Just wondering guys, where are the Brookes boys ( Gene & Paul ) playing now if they are playing at all...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ladder indicates St Arnaud

The Matchup between the two indicates Charlton by a long way
St Arnaud's performances against three of the top 4 sides over the last 3 games indicate St Arnaud are no where near as far away as the ladder indicates.

I'm biased, but I'm tipping Charlton

Top Quality Full back would go a long way i would think. You just have to look at hauls by Perryman, Stenhouse, Barnes, DeAraugo on saturday, Tyler..etc in the last couple of years

But that is only my opinion

From an outsiders perspective St Arnauds biggest problems are and always have always been off field. Its almost unfathomable that St Arnaud could finish outside the top 4 in any given year let alone 'winning' wooden spoons.
Given that St Arnaud has 4-5 times the population of most of the other teams in the league they should be able to field 2 teams like ther hockey teams are able to do. On top of that they are one of the best placed teams in the league in terms of being able to recruit players from Bendigo/Ballarat/Melbourne.
They are always strong at junior level but struggle to retain their players once they graduate to senior footy with many choosing to play for neighboring clubs in the MCDFL, CHFL, LPFL, LVFL, WFL and HDFL.
Until they can figure out their off field issues they will continue to struggle to put together competitive teams on the park.

If thats the case, wouldn't the Reserves coach be struggling to find players?

Instead, he has to find a way to fit 40 or so players into a mere 20 spots in the reserves list..

It isn't 1994 anymore

Not necessarily, in a town of 3000 or whatever the should be able to easily find 50 odd players to fill the teams. The problem is retaining quality players which they seem to struggle to do.

Given there are clubs that have only a minimal amount of players actually living in the town, not to mention struggles to get kids on the park, without external help, I think the state of St Arnaud is the least of NCFL's concerns. We're moving along just fine

True, they're definitely not one of the NCFL's biggest worries but the original question was about what they need to do to be a top 4 side. For St Arnaud not to have won a flag in over 10 years and to have been largely uncompetitive for many of them means that their problems probably aren't so much on field but off.

The Demons are suffering a few injurie worries. 4 to come into the side in the next few weeks...

George Allan making his come back game after supporting the soccorfools....

Good to see old wingnut back in the Demons Den last night. trained well with both junior and senior groups.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back