North Melbourne v West Coast.. who will be better in 2024?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did I say that wardlaw will need to carry out midfield week after week?

I simply pointed out that despite being “smaller” than Ginbey he got more contested possessions and twice as many clearances. He was also way less physically prepared to do so.

Also that if sheezel “needs to be fed the ball”, yet wins as much contested possession as Ginbey, and more than Hewitt, maybe the person that wrote that is off the mark.
Ginbey would literally put Sheezel in hospital in a 1 on 1 contest. Please don’t compare their contested ability.

Both teams have been a special kind of poo for the last few years.

Eagles if they can keep their players fit and playing on a home deck should squeeze ahead of North.

North should be rising up the ladder (should have been a few years ago TBH, it's like year 5 in a rebuild) but they are North so there is never going to be any media pressure for them to be competitive. WCE staff wont survive another year on the bottom. The West will eat them alive.

Where did I say that wardlaw will need to carry out midfield week after week?

I simply pointed out that despite being “smaller” than Ginbey he got more contested possessions and twice as many clearances. He was also way less physically prepared to do so.

Also that if sheezel “needs to be fed the ball”, yet wins as much contested possession as Ginbey, and more than Hewitt, maybe the person that wrote that is off the mark.
There is a difference between contested possessions likedaicos and sheezel get vs actual hard ball wins

No, not at the start of the season. Young players will tire faster, and being relatively small puts them at a disadvantage.

LDU is fine, nobody has any issues with LDU, hes a gun. Wardlaw will be good, you cant expect him to go into the CBAs and dominate as a second year player. Remember we have young players too who are bigger and just as good

No you don't.

George and Duursma havent played yet, Sheezel is an outside player who relies on somebody giving him the ball at this stage, just like Daicos.

LOL.

You forget that the eagles also have young players who are maturing. Ginbey is twice the size of Wardlaw for example.
Im not saying North dont have talent, im comparing their list for 2024 to the eagles 2024 list, and it would take another injury plagued year for the Eagles to sit behind North.

If you think the eagles finished last because there is no talent on the list, you clearly havent been paying attention

I dunno who'll finish higher this year but you obviously don't watch the players you are talking about.

Bigger players with more bulk will generally be more durable and up to handling the strain of a year of contested football than a skinny short teenager
Describing Wardlaw as "a skinny short teenager" may be the most insane bit of analysis I've seen on here.

Both teams have been a special kind of poo for the last few years.

Eagles if they can keep their players fit and playing on a home deck should squeeze ahead of North.

North should be rising up the ladder (should have been a few years ago TBH, it's like year 5 in a rebuild) but they are North so there is never going to be any media pressure for them to be competitive. WCE staff wont survive another year on the bottom. The West will eat them alive.
North might win more games this year than previous, but it’s most likely going to need a very defensive gameplan from Clarkson to protect that back 6. Could mean some very unwatchable games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said that sheezel is an outside player that needs to be fed the ball. He has the exact same average of contested ball per game as Ginbey.

Your assertion does not match the stat.

It’s ok. Just own it and move on.
Contested ball doesnt mean what you think it means. Sitting on the outside of a pack getting a handball out is not the same as getting a possession while under pressure, or while being tackled.
Just stop it lmao

No you don't.
Literally Ginbey
I dunno who'll finish higher this year but you obviously don't watch the players you are talking about.
I have watched more of North than you think i have. Ive definitely watched more North than you have watched the Eagles at least. Remember this is a thread comparing the two teams, not arguing if one or the other has good youngsters

He is definitely not big
His power and strength testing is off the ******* charts for a guy his size. Dude is a bit of a freak in that respect and you can see it in the way he plays, particularly in competing with and bringing down guys bigger and more seasoned than him.

His power and strength testing is off the ******* charts for a guy his size. Dude is a bit of a freak in that respect and you can see it in the way he plays, particularly in competing with and bringing down guys bigger and more seasoned than him.
I dont care how old he is im saying he is not big. Put him next to Petracca and he would get ragdolled, as youd expect from most teenagers around his height.
I dont understand why its such a hard concept for you to grasp that as a second year player, he is simply not as physically developed as older players

I dont care how old he is im saying he is not big. Put him next to Petracca and he would get ragdolled, as youd expect from most teenagers around his height.
I dont understand why its such a hard concept for you to grasp that as a second year player, he is simply not as physically developed as older players

Would he “literally be put in hospital”?

You said sheezel requires others to get the ball out to him.

I showed that he wins as many contested possessions as Ginbey and more than Hewitt. And wardlaw more than all of them.

Now you are trying to argue about the definition of a contested possession.

It’s a little silly, I agree.
Do you believe Nick Daicos is a better contested player than Wardlaw?

Like when he was ragdolled by 88kg Luke Parker in his very first game of AFL footy?

Back