2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have a quite a strong side next year with the players we have added, plus the natural improvement of our recruits.
Should be a better balanced side & have a bit more experience with the likes of Anthony, Wood & possibly Scotland running around on a regular basis. The addition of Reynolds & Johnson, although both only young, will give the NB forward line a more conventional look & the midfield will be quite good with the likes of Graham, Cripps, Holman, Ellard & Lambert (assuming he stays) playing a number of games.

On paper the NB look better than last season.

Missing Marcon, Meese, Lambert, Currie, Visser, Biffin & Gianfagna? The Carlton boys may be improving (they had better!), but the Preston side of things is looking remarkably thin.

Missing Marcon, Meese, Lambert, Currie, Visser, Biffin & Gianfagna? The Carlton boys may be improving (they had better!), but the Preston side of things is looking remarkably thin.
IMO the only significant losses are Lambert & Gianfagna. Wood will be a more than ample replacement for Meese, who he comfortably outpointed in the NB's last game of the season at Williamstown. Currie, Visser & Biffin weren't in the NB's best side & Marcon is replaceable.

The signing of John Anthony will give the NB an experienced target up forward, which hopefully will assist in the development of our rookies, Reynolds & Johnson, in the forward line.

The reality is, outside of Lambert, Gianfagna, Wilson, Bransgrove & to an extent Meese, the NB listed players really struggled to be competitive at VFL level this season & this really hurt the club result-wise & somewhat hindered the development of Carlton listed players as well.

No doubt the Northern Blues performance will suffer a bit without Lambert and Marcon but it'll mean Cripps, Temay, Graham, Holman and Cachia will get more time in the midfield and their development as midfielders is what the reserves is for, wins are secondary.
They will certainly get time to develop. Hopefully Temay and the others can develop into a strong midfield, but I really would like some talent to help them along a bit. Over the last couple of years most of the VFL talent has left. That might be good for the kids coming through from Northern Knights, but it does help OUR kids much.
Nichevo. Hopefully we can attract a few strong kids. With most of the senior players gone, there must be a few dollars in the Preston kitty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw this in the news yesterday. :(

I've reposted it on the main board, I reckon it belongs there.
Thanks sherb, knowing the O'connor family my whole life, I can tell you the small Community of Avenel(20km north of Seymour) along with myself are absolutely gutted :(
If the passing of Euwie wasn't bad enough 6 months ago, this has completely knocked me for six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back