2nds Northern Blues 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Nick Graham was named in your bests again this week. I have him in my fantasy side and for the life of me do not understand why he does not get a gig. Can someone please inform me why not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Nick Graham was named in your bests again this week. I have him in my fantasy side and for the life of me do not understand why he does not get a gig. Can someone please inform me why not?
Because our premiership standard side is filled with too many A-Graders and there isn't a spot for him.

Because unlike our other players, he apparently has deficiencies.

We fell asleep in this game from the 15 minute mark of the first until halfway through the third.
Looked like getting blown away by 100 points but decided to get some system back into the game...............and results followed.
There was next to no pressure from the midfield through that period and the backs really had to work overtime..........albeit they seemed to do it from behind their direct opponents.

Graham was the clear standout from a quality perspective, in a game that made it hard to applaud too many.
Fields was shaky early and wasted a couple of kicks but when used properly became a clear weapon.
Whiley had a so-so game but did try and take on the field too much and got caught on several occasions.
Walsh worked hard but handed the ball to an opponent for a goal when he really should have done much better.....gave himself a belting for it though
Kreuzer may not be entitled to a game next week on this performance although the ball coming forward was......well.....you know.
He did contest hard in the ruck but unfortunately it was against Warnock on one occasion. Funny to see 2 Blues players fighting for the tap :)

Won't go into the other players as they just seemed to not know what was going on at times and their general field positioning was atrocious.
Some of the Northern Blues players didn't particularly help the cause either as they seemed to enjoy handing the ball straight to an opponent as opposed to a team-mate earlier when they had the chance.

We fell asleep in this game from the 15 minute mark of the first until halfway through the third.
Looked like getting blown away by 100 points but decided to get some system back into the game...............and results followed.
There was next to no pressure from the midfield through that period and the backs really had to work overtime..........albeit they seemed to do it from behind their direct opponents.

Graham was the clear standout from a quality perspective, in a game that made it hard to applaud too many.
Fields was shaky early and wasted a couple of kicks but when used properly became a clear weapon.
Whiley had a so-so game but did try and take on the field too much and got caught on several occasions.
Walsh worked hard but handed the ball to an opponent for a goal when he really should have done much better.....gave himself a belting for it though
Kreuzer may not be entitled to a game next week on this performance although the ball coming forward was......well.....you know.
He did contest hard in the ruck but unfortunately it was against Warnock on one occasion. Funny to see 2 Blues players fighting for the tap :)

Won't go into the other players as they just seemed to not know what was going on at times and their general field positioning was atrocious.
Some of the Northern Blues players didn't particularly help the cause either as they seemed to enjoy handing the ball straight to an opponent as opposed to a team-mate earlier when they had the chance.
I think Kreuzer suffered a little bit from the second game blues that players often experience after returning from a long period out of the game. On a positive note, his bullocking work was typical Kreuzer.

I felt for Fields & Foster down back. They were matched up against players with larger frames & the ball was coming into the North Ballarat forward line on a regular basis. I was disappointed that Fields didn't use his long kicking as more of a weapon & didn't take more kick outs.

I must admit Warnock's movement around the field was as good as I have seen from him. Although he still didn't take many marks, his work at ground level was much improved & he linked up well with his teammates.

Fields is short for a KPP being 192 and doesn't have the agility to work one-on-one on more nimble opponents.
Did spend some time around the wings early on, somewhat surprisingly. How was that kicked that found Kreuzer, 70 meters away? :eek:

To be fair though, you can't be hard on any of the players we've picked up via last years rookie draft.
All three newbies, in Walsh, Gowers and Fields have shown plenty early on...............taking the next step is the trick though.

Walsh was good in the last quarter.

Holman didn't play second half because there was potentially going to be another late change in the 1s.

So what's the go with Foster in the backline? Is it just to give him more hands-on or are we genuinely seeking options down back with the leakiest defense in the AFL?

I guess with Jamison out, Giles just returning from the moon, and Henderson, Casboult, Jones, Watson and now Kreuzer up forward, it's an opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back